Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
launch disable_auto_load.reg and select Yes, afterwards try opening the app again. Also make sure you have proper mod data installed.
dtd
Monkey King
287 | 1
kambala wrote:launch disable_auto_load.reg and select Yes, afterwards try opening the app again. Also make sure you have proper mod data installed.

thank you. it is working now, i installed wrong mod data :(
dtd
Monkey King
287 | 1
you should update the secret runeword. it is now available in offline. Some xis runeword are missing too
scoobysnacks
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
broke my toon. tried to respec stats and skills with it. (corrupted data bad header error)
Have the back up but i fucked up even further and tried to edit char file in note pad and it deleted all my character files besides .d2x file and like I said the back up file.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
scoobysnacks wrote:broke my toon. tried to respec stats and skills with it. (corrupted data bad header error)
tried to edit char file in note pad and it deleted all my character files besides .d2x file and like I said the back up file.

first of all, editing diablo character files in notepad is a very bad idea. Second, I'm not quite clear what deleted your files: notepad? MXLOT? They can't just delete files AFAIK.
Realtex
Skeleton
2 | 0
i cannot edit the char or items.
i can load the full exe, save the char and open it. but the only thing i can edit is the chars name..

any idea?

i use newest version of median, diablo lod, and the editor
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Realtex wrote:i cannot edit the char or items.
i can load the full exe, save the char and open it. but the only thing i can edit is the chars name..

any idea?

it's not an editor for hacking
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
Realtex wrote:i cannot edit the char or items.

any idea?

:wall:
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.
scoobysnacks
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
kambala wrote:
scoobysnacks wrote:broke my toon. tried to respec stats and skills with it. (corrupted data bad header error)
tried to edit char file in note pad and it deleted all my character files besides .d2x file and like I said the back up file.

first of all, editing diablo character files in notepad is a very bad idea. Second, I'm not quite clear what deleted your files: notepad? MXLOT? They can't just delete files AFAIK.

Yup I learned editing through note pad was a bad idea. I couldn't figure out how the back up worked and could only get the file to open through note pad. I edited through note pad by copy and pasting the back up into the current file and after I saved it the other files disappeared. How are you supposed to use the back up file?
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
oh wow, I've never thought that someone might not know such elementary things... :-? You are supposed to delete from filename of the backup file everything that comes after ".d2s" (or ".d2x", ".sss"), including ".bak" in the very end. If you don't see ".bak", then google how to make Explorer (or w/e file manager you're using) show file extensions.