Median XL Offline Tools v0.6.4

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Are there any known items to cause tools not to load or crash? I really don't want to comb through stash to figure out what's the cause.

I self-wiped and started playing 2.4 from the scratch, tools were working perfectly althought I didn't need them at the leveling process. I played all the classes to end Hell and mostly stashed crafting materials, misc items and random sacred equipment (for crafting), now that I actually need the tools for stashing SUs/sets, organizing and respecing, it doesn't start... no error messages, just a second of loading and then nothing. When I delete the shared stash-files (games, not MXLOT) it works again so obviously something in my stash is causing the problem.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
Jampula wrote:Are there any known items to cause tools not to load or crash? I really don't want to comb through stash to figure out what's the cause.

I self-wiped and started playing 2.4 from the scratch, tools were working perfectly althought I didn't need them at the leveling process. I played all the classes to end Hell and mostly stashed crafting materials, misc items and random sacred equipment (for crafting), now that I actually need the tools for stashing SUs/sets, organizing and respecing, it doesn't start... no error messages, just a second of loading and then nothing. When I delete the shared stash-files (games, not MXLOT) it works again so obviously something in my stash is causing the problem.

not aware of such items tbh... Could you send me your stash files to investigate?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kambala wrote:not aware of such items tbh... Could you send me your stash files to investigate?

No need, its the Catalyst of Jewelcrafting. If you have it in shared stash the tools won't start and if you try to load a char with one in personal stash/inv the tools closes itself.

I made an extra char just for jewelcrafting so no big deal.

Edit: And now I feel stupid... I just noticed the 2.4 data files in op. Everything is working fine now.
Nheleo
Lava Lord
97 | 12
please update, thanks so much :mrgreen:
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
BearBearderBarb
Pit Knight
115 | 7
By the way the `resources` folder in the base application and in the `2.5` mod data have different casing. For windows it doesn't matter, but for mac or some other setups which have to traverse through linux file system it can become a problem.
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
BearBearderBarb wrote:By the way the `resources` folder in the base application and in the `2.5` mod data have different casing. For windows it doesn't matter, but for mac or some other setups which have to traverse through linux file system it can become a problem.

dunno about linux, but macOS has case-insensitive filesystem by default. will fix that anyway.
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
Hello! I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
As in, I have 2.145.000 exp, then it goes to 2.145.999 when I kill a mob and just before levelup, it goes back to 2.145.000.
Any fix for that?
I do have character backups (MXL Offline Tool creates them automatically), but I'd rather prefer to fix the issue and know how to do it for the future.
Any info would be appreciated, thank you!
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Contribution Badge
Nightquaker wrote:Hello! I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
As in, I have 2.145.000 exp, then it goes to 2.145.999 when I kill a mob and just before levelup, it goes back to 2.145.000.
Any fix for that?
I do have character backups (MXL Offline Tool creates them automatically), but I'd rather prefer to fix the issue and know how to do it for the future.

I doubt that the issue has anything to do with MXLOT, but you could try lowering your level by 1 in the program, maybe that'd help to workaround the issue
Nightquaker
Acid Prince
45 | 0
kambala wrote:
Nightquaker wrote:Hello! I have used the Offline Character Tool to unlock waypoints for my SP character (to just skip some quests in the repeated playthrough for Nightmare difficulty and the one after), and now I can't level up. I could do it fine for a while, but now I'm stuck on level 66. It seems that the last 1000 of EXP before level 67 is just "overflowing" for some reason.
Any fix for that?

I doubt that the issue has anything to do with MXLOT, but you could try lowering your level by 1 in the program, maybe that'd help to workaround the issue

The issue happened precisely when I used MXLOT to unlock the waypoints, so it's probably related to that. I have tried lowering the level and it didn't help, the 1000xp cycle was still happening.
I'm guessing the issue might've been caused by how I updated the mod data. Instead of deleting old data, I just unpacked it with replace. Do you have any suggestions regarding that?