1h Melee Necro (Dagger & Dex)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
what merc, also is putting a point in blood skeleton ok for aura?
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1291 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
JetJet wrote:what merc, also is putting a point in blood skeleton ok for aura?

I doing dagger nec in SP and from what i had - they're too squishy and not really worth in early game (you need resummon them like every minute), better to put in DF oil or Embaslming.
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
It isn't obvious that the defense bonus from Deathlord is still capped, at 6442dex/1028 strength, a single point in Deathlord is sufficient to get max benefit.

Also you will get more defense from spending a couple of points into Resurgence than Death Pact. The damage bonus from Death Pact being negligible in this build, Resurgence is better.

I tested Veil King with 10 points in Blood Skeleton to get some benefit, I think Rathma's less trouble for a not-so-reduced damage boost. The Veil King can get very tanky with 10/15 points in famine and 20ish points in Resurgence however some bosses will always be able to kill him and he's generally a more dangerous enemy than many bosses himself.
davidgrenier
Invader
9 | 0
Note that I have been having trouble speccing out of wolf stance (two piece Curse of Zakarum) because of the ridiculous amount of block speed and hit recovery.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
davidgrenier wrote:It isn't obvious that the defense bonus from Deathlord is still capped, at 6442dex/1028 strength, a single point in Deathlord is sufficient to get max benefit.

Also you will get more defense from spending a couple of points into Resurgence than Death Pact. The damage bonus from Death Pact being negligible in this build, Resurgence is better.

I tested Veil King with 10 points in Blood Skeleton to get some benefit, I think Rathma's less trouble for a not-so-reduced damage boost. The Veil King can get very tanky with 10/15 points in famine and 20ish points in Resurgence however some bosses will always be able to kill him and he's generally a more dangerous enemy than many bosses himself.

hey, where did you get the numbers for deathlord cap? does it mean from 1028 str you wont get any more bonus?

why would you get defense from resurgence? it clearly gives avoid to minions and not yourself, right?

i think every point for this melee build can be well spent and every summon is a waste :-]
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
I think he meant death ward synergy that would yield more %def overall 8% per base point spent into resurgency than death pact base point effectiveness. I cant argue, my summoner necro has massive def bonus from death ward + resurgency alone. Death Pact gives u some %phys dmg but as he said its really low and not effective per base point spent. It's just min-maxing def bonuses per point spent, shame it's summoner skill, but additionally will give your skeletons some dmg avoidance at least. To be even worse, leaving death ward at lvl 1 and putting all your points into resurgency will yield you more %def bonus, since base point into death ward gives you 4% and into resurgency 8%, so it's doubled. Assuming you will put 25 points into resurgency you will get 25 * 8% = 200% of additional defense. You'll miss avoidance of course, but you can max both skills if you want maximum defense ;)
nagule
Destroyer
6 | 0
Do you have a game play video?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
ojejku wrote:I think he meant death ward synergy that would yield more %def overall 8% per base point spent into resurgency than death pact base point effectiveness. I cant argue, my summoner necro has massive def bonus from death ward + resurgency alone. Death Pact gives u some %phys dmg but as he said its really low and not effective per base point spent. It's just min-maxing def bonuses per point spent, shame it's summoner skill, but additionally will give your skeletons some dmg avoidance at least. To be even worse, leaving death ward at lvl 1 and putting all your points into resurgency will yield you more %def bonus, since base point into death ward gives you 4% and into resurgency 8%, so it's doubled. Assuming you will put 25 points into resurgency you will get 25 * 8% = 200% of additional defense. You'll miss avoidance of course, but you can max both skills if you want maximum defense ;)

ah now i get it, didnt even realize that :)

man thats such a good idea, there are so many skills now that give you def or dmg.. i reall dont know.
But i guess in the end game damage is more important right? You can easily get 1mio def.. Is more necessary?

I play twohanded btw, so everything is different anyways ^^
ojejku
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
1mln def with 2hand str setup?
RobRoy
Destroyer
6 | 0
man, i did everything in the guide and have all the tu gear requiered on level 4 but im sooooo squishy. I get basically one shot on act 2 hell in the arcane sanctum. i have 166k defense and 976 dex, 532 str, lvl 107.

any ideas how to get a little bit morte tanky?