1h Melee Necro (Dagger & Dex)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Semigloss - you work with A2 or A5 mercs on this build yet? And any luck with 120 ubers? Still stuck on Kabraxis, Quov, and Ureh. I'm done with all the rest of 120 rifts/dungeons.
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Hello Semigloss, thanks for your guide, your build looks very interesting.

Would you still consider Amethysts/Io-Runes the best socketables in endgame? what about crafted mf-jewels with 2% dex/flat dex instead?
Can you show us your current gear setup and what breakpoints (fhr, fbr, ias) your build is using?
Is the geleb+maffers or ismails combo for wolf stance a viable endgame option because they help so much with reaching the breakpoints + nice ms.
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AAADrummer wrote:Semigloss - you work with A2 or A5 mercs on this build yet? And any luck with 120 ubers? Still stuck on Kabraxis, Quov, and Ureh. I'm done with all the rest of 120 rifts/dungeons.

Was using A2.... switch to A5.... but might switch back to A2... A2 seems tankier... and i do so much damage...
Hanne
Skeleton
2 | 0
AAADrummer wrote:Semigloss - you work with A2 or A5 mercs on this build yet? And any luck with 120 ubers? Still stuck on Kabraxis, Quov, and Ureh. I'm done with all the rest of 120 rifts/dungeons.

Did all Rifts and all 120er dungeons, Bremmtown, Astrogha, Belial, Xazax. All with Carnage

It seems that with my current Dex/STR 1 point in Deathlord is enough. I tried maxing it and with only one point. Both got me to the same def value ~800k.
As it only gives defense I maxed Dragonfire Oil instead. Same defense but ~2k more fire dmg.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I still need to do some testing with 1 point into deathlord but it sounds like others have confirmed there is no need to max.

As far as 120 ubers, I still haven't finished Kabraxis or Quov Tsin. Ureh is doable with AoD and Jitans for mobility, and carnage on the boss. I'm currently 122, and I'm sorry to admit this folks but I've started turning my sights to a new character. I will continue to update this guide as time goes on though.
Primarch
Djinn
539 | 29
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:I still need to do some testing with 1 point into deathlord but it sounds like others have confirmed there is no need to max.

As far as 120 ubers, I still haven't finished Kabraxis or Quov Tsin. Ureh is doable with AoD and Jitans for mobility, and carnage on the boss. I'm currently 122, and I'm sorry to admit this folks but I've started turning my sights to a new character. I will continue to update this guide as time goes on though.

Don’t be a fool... Melee necros are OP if you gear/build theme right. I have a 137 HOZ Zon with 42k damage hammers who got shit on (both survicability and damage-wise) by a similarly geared Melee Necro. Plus they have more mobility.
AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Hanne wrote:

Did all Rifts and all 120er dungeons, Bremmtown, Astrogha, Belial, Xazax. All with Carnage

It seems that with my current Dex/STR 1 point in Deathlord is enough. I tried maxing it and with only one point. Both got me to the same def value ~800k.
As it only gives defense I maxed Dragonfire Oil instead. Same defense but ~2k more fire dmg.

I'm getting pretty rough progress, level 122 right now. SUs not really dropping, still using breezing through Duncraig with Berith + Hratli's Craft and the rest TUs + early game stuff. Crazy how far I've gotten on just those but yeah, I'm not sure where to go from here.
AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
thysick wrote:

Was using A2.... switch to A5.... but might switch back to A2... A2 seems tankier... and i do so much damage...

Do you have a suggested gear list for mid game/late game on this?
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AAADrummer wrote:
thysick wrote:

Someone told me to use the merc gear list on the 2H melee necro build....
But the A5 dies... such a pain...
I just want someone tanky so i can position for melee hits.
AAADrummer
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
thysick wrote:
AAADrummer wrote:
thysick wrote:

Someone told me to use the merc gear list on the 2H melee necro build....
But the A5 dies... such a pain...
I just want someone tanky so i can position for melee hits.

Yeah, that was me. lol. It works for me but it dies to ubers pretty quickly.