1h Melee Necro (Dagger & Dex)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
466 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
akbugger wrote:Has anybody tried an elemental setup with
Dreamflayer
Dreamflayer
Hexblade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (52 - 65) to (98 - 122)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 463
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
-2% to Enemy Elemental Resistances per Carnage Base Level
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 150-300 fire damage
Adds 150-300 lightning damage
Adds 150-300 cold damage
+750 poison damage over 1 seconds
+(500 to 1500) Defense
Maximum Mana -33%
+(100 to 150) Life on Attack
Socketed (3)
? Or is
The Defiler
The Defiler
Hexblade (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (155 - 193) to (342 - 417)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 463
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Area Effect Attack
Parasite Gains 6 Additional Targets
Deathlord Morph
+(1 to 3) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (90 to 115)-(220 to 270) damage
(10 to 15)% Life stolen per Hit
(10 to 15)% Deadly Strike
Socketed (3)
's morph frams just too good to pass on out?


morph frame is only +1 fhr and cast speed is relevant only for teleport. it doesn't really matter in most places of the game except very late game. just do normal wdm build instead of elemental unless you know what you're doing. dreamflayer most likely sucks unless it gets the elemental weapon treatment
ManaLeech
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Elendilli wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:Is there any way to add flat +life onto gear? I've seen it in some profiles just NFI how


Crafted Jewels can spawn with +Life. To craft a Jewel you need: ilvl99 Jewel (preferably) 1 Arcane Shard + Oil of Craft + Rune (Ohm or Ber recommended).

Also throw away Jewels that are around ilvl84 or lower after crafting with them a few rolls if they are bad.


Thanks mate. I noticed on your necro you have some pieces like your giant's knuckles which also show +120 life / +120 mana, how does this work?

Appreciate all the input you give, finally enjoying the game more playing necro after pally/barb
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
466 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ManaLeech wrote:
Elendilli wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:Is there any way to add flat +life onto gear? I've seen it in some profiles just NFI how


Crafted Jewels can spawn with +Life. To craft a Jewel you need: ilvl99 Jewel (preferably) 1 Arcane Shard + Oil of Craft + Rune (Ohm or Ber recommended).

Also throw away Jewels that are around ilvl84 or lower after crafting with them a few rolls if they are bad.


Thanks mate. I noticed on your necro you have some pieces like your giant's knuckles which also show +120 life / +120 mana, how does this work?

Appreciate all the input you give, finally enjoying the game more playing necro after pally/barb


Apple of Discord
Apple of Discord
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Item to Add Bonus
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+10 Required Level
ManaLeech
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Elendilli wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:
Elendilli wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:Is there any way to add flat +life onto gear? I've seen it in some profiles just NFI how


Crafted Jewels can spawn with +Life. To craft a Jewel you need: ilvl99 Jewel (preferably) 1 Arcane Shard + Oil of Craft + Rune (Ohm or Ber recommended).

Also throw away Jewels that are around ilvl84 or lower after crafting with them a few rolls if they are bad.


Thanks mate. I noticed on your necro you have some pieces like your giant's knuckles which also show +120 life / +120 mana, how does this work?

Appreciate all the input you give, finally enjoying the game more playing necro after pally/barb


Apple of Discord
Apple of Discord
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Item to Add Bonus
+60 to Life
+30 to Mana
+10 Required Level


Thanks mate, nice item :D
ManaLeech
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone got advice on 2h weapons if I was going to go 2h for farming? would you invest in parasite instead?
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
466 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ManaLeech wrote:Anyone got advice on 2h weapons if I was going to go 2h for farming? would you invest in parasite instead?


Get a good weapon above all else. There are various ways to obtain it but the most readily available option is a crafted scythe. Specifically a Sacred Raptor Scythe which has lower ias frames to cap compared to Bonesplitter so pickup any Sacred Raptor Scythe and use Charsi's Imbue on it to make it Sacred Rare once you're around level ~100. You can also do the Gidbinn quest for more shrines. Depending on the number of shrines you have, you'd keep any roll that hits top end (max) "Two Handed Damage:" 300 to 400. Ideally you'd want to aim for 400 to 500+ but you do that after you obtain another Raptor Scythe base and more shrines. Any shrine should be used because it doesn't really matter how you hit your initial rolls other than the top-end damage but for reference the best shrines are as follows: Intimidating > Weird > Creepy > Abandoned. After that you can mystic orb in the following order: %ED (unless it's already 200% cap) > +Maximum Damage > Deadly Strike > %Attack Rating (consider using this earlier on until you have other %ar items). or you can use
Reaper's Hand
Reaper's Hand
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (238 - 336) to (373 - 502)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 512
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
15% Chance to cast level 1 Quill Storm on Melee Attack
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
+(130 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (50 to 90)-(180 to 250) damage
(50 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
Freezes Target +1
Socketed (6)
if you already farmed it.
Leviathan
Leviathan
Necromancer Scythes

'Taha'
Runeword Level: 100
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(111 to 135) to Maximum Damage
+(8 to 27) to Overlord
Slow Target (21 to 25)%
(31 to 50)% to Strength
(31 to 50)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (11 to 15)%
if you got lucky at Hellforge.

All Attributes go into STR and max parasite, 7 pts carnage, ~15 pts in Famine (depends on your %lifesteal and whether your leech feels comfortable), max death ward, max embalming, max rathmas chosen, max death pact (should be maxed last), 1 pt graveyard, 1pt talons hold and remaining extra pts in Famine.

This build has one problem and that will be %AR so you'll need to get a few %AR Jewels,
Athulua's Oracle
Athulua's Oracle
Amulet

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 60
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
40% Attack Speed
(150 to 250)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Cannot Be Frozen
, consider %ar mystic orbs on your weapon over damage if you plan to roll another better scythe later (~20k%ar at level 115, ~30k at 120 etc.). Your goal is to stack %STR so items like
Shroud Royal
Shroud Royal
Full Plate Mail (4)

Defense: (336 - 390) to (676 - 786)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 91
Item Level: 18
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.015625%
+(1 to 2) to Vanquish
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (7 to 10)
(6 to 8)% Gold Find
(6 to 8)% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1082 - 1213) to (2067 - 2318)
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 134
Item Level: 33
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.01953125%
+(5 to 6) to Vanquish
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (15 to 18)
(10 to 12)% Gold Find
(10 to 12)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: (2707 - 2983) to (5055 - 5570)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 281
Item Level: 53
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.02734375%
+(9 to 10) to Vanquish
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (23 to 26)
(14 to 16)% Gold Find
(14 to 16)% Magic Find
Socketed (5)
Defense: (4043 - 4401) to (7534 - 8200)
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 543
Item Level: 90
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.03515625%
+(11 to 12) to Vanquish
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (27 to 30)
(18 to 20)% Gold Find
(18 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
/
Candlewake
Candlewake
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8032 - 9339) to (11077 - 12593)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 563
Item Level: 105
-2% Base Block Chance
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.03125%
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(10 to 25)% to Strength
+(1500 to 3500) Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
(1/2 chance to appear)
Total Character Defense (50 to 100)%
Socketed (6)
or
Steppe Sleeper
Steppe Sleeper
Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 651 to 671
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 1
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 7) to Blood Hatred (Barbarian Only)
(31 to 40)% to Strength
Requirements -100%
Socketed (4)

Tundra Walker
(Barbarian Warrior Set)
are good choices. Even
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 484
Item Level: 105
Adds 125-250 magic damage
+12 to Parasite
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
+(500 to 2000) Defense
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
Total Character Defense (25 to 50)%
Socketed (4)
/
Cinadide's Anvil
Cinadide's Anvil
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3271 - 3680) to (3583 - 4031)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
303
Item Level: 1
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
Adds 13-25 damage
Adds 32-63 magic damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Strength
Requirements -50%
Socketed (2)

Cinadide's Craft
(Paladin Honor Set)
is decent for extra magic damage or the expensive 3 piece
Curse of the Zakarum
Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)

Wyand's Perfidy
Maffer's Frenzy
Bremm's Retribution
Geleb's Greed

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Life 10%
Maximum Fire Resist +4%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
Level 12 Wolf Stance

Set Bonus with complete set:
+2 to All Skills
+84 fire damage
+50% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+3 to Path of Flames
+75 to all Attributes

set for Wolf Stance. there's a lot of item choices trust me these are only a few. Take it upon yourself to find %STR gear using ctrl+f.

Resists should be capped if not use Gems/Mystic orbs, Runes should be "Ko" for 5% STR in empty sockets.
Erawan
Erawan
Body Armors

'Nih'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
25% to Strength
25% to Vitality
Physical Resist (11 to 15)%
Total Character Defense (11 to 20)%
for %physical resist if you feel like you have trouble tanking mobs. Same concept for other pieces of gear I'm too lazy / cba to mention just ctrl+F Physical resist under Runewords.

and use this https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/ to find out what your frames are for attack speed and hit recovery. a few fhr frames early does make a difference early on so having some of it is good but not excessively.

and this https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34896

good luck
ManaLeech
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Elendilli wrote:
ManaLeech wrote:Anyone got advice on 2h weapons if I was going to go 2h for farming? would you invest in parasite instead?


Get a good weapon above all else. There are various ways to obtain it but the most readily available option is a crafted scythe. Specifically a Sacred Raptor Scythe which has lower ias frames to cap compared to Bonesplitter so pickup any Sacred Raptor Scythe and use Charsi's Imbue on it to make it Sacred Rare once you're around level ~100. You can also do the Gidbinn quest for more shrines. Depending on the number of shrines you have, you'd keep any roll that hits top end (max) "Two Handed Damage:" 300 to 400. Ideally you'd want to aim for 400 to 500+ but you do that after you obtain another Raptor Scythe base and more shrines. Any shrine should be used because it doesn't really matter how you hit your initial rolls other than the top-end damage but for reference the best shrines are as follows: Intimidating > Weird > Creepy > Abandoned. After that you can mystic orb in the following order: %ED (unless it's already 200% cap) > +Maximum Damage > Deadly Strike > %Attack Rating (consider using this earlier on until you have other %ar items). or you can use
Reaper's Hand
Reaper's Hand
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (238 - 336) to (373 - 502)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 512
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
15% Chance to cast level 1 Quill Storm on Melee Attack
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
+(130 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (50 to 90)-(180 to 250) damage
(50 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
Freezes Target +1
Socketed (6)
if you already farmed it.
Leviathan
Leviathan
Necromancer Scythes

'Taha'
Runeword Level: 100
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(111 to 135) to Maximum Damage
+(8 to 27) to Overlord
Slow Target (21 to 25)%
(31 to 50)% to Strength
(31 to 50)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist (11 to 15)%
if you got lucky at Hellforge.

All Attributes go into STR and max parasite, 7 pts carnage, ~15 pts in Famine (depends on your %lifesteal and whether your leech feels comfortable), max death ward, max embalming, max rathmas chosen, max death pact (should be maxed last), 1 pt graveyard, 1pt talons hold and remaining extra pts in Famine.

This build has one problem and that will be %AR so you'll need to get a few %AR Jewels,
Athulua's Oracle
Athulua's Oracle
Amulet

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 60
+(1 to 2) to All Skills
40% Attack Speed
(150 to 250)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Cannot Be Frozen
, consider %ar mystic orbs on your weapon over damage if you plan to roll another better scythe later (~20k%ar at level 115, ~30k at 120 etc.). Your goal is to stack %STR so items like
Shroud Royal
Shroud Royal
Full Plate Mail (4)

Defense: (336 - 390) to (676 - 786)
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 91
Item Level: 18
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.015625%
+(1 to 2) to Vanquish
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(3 to 5)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (7 to 10)
(6 to 8)% Gold Find
(6 to 8)% Magic Find
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1082 - 1213) to (2067 - 2318)
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 134
Item Level: 33
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.01953125%
+(5 to 6) to Vanquish
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(9 to 11)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (15 to 18)
(10 to 12)% Gold Find
(10 to 12)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
Defense: (2707 - 2983) to (5055 - 5570)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 281
Item Level: 53
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.02734375%
+(9 to 10) to Vanquish
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 17)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (23 to 26)
(14 to 16)% Gold Find
(14 to 16)% Magic Find
Socketed (5)
Defense: (4043 - 4401) to (7534 - 8200)
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 543
Item Level: 90
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.03515625%
+(11 to 12) to Vanquish
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(18 to 20)% to All Attributes
Physical Damage Reduced by (27 to 30)
(18 to 20)% Gold Find
(18 to 20)% Magic Find
Socketed (6)
/
Candlewake
Candlewake
Splint Mail (Sacred)

Defense: (8032 - 9339) to (11077 - 12593)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 563
Item Level: 105
-2% Base Block Chance
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.03125%
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(10 to 25)% to Strength
+(1500 to 3500) Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
(1/2 chance to appear)
Total Character Defense (50 to 100)%
Socketed (6)
or
Steppe Sleeper
Steppe Sleeper
Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 651 to 671
Required Level: 80
Item Level: 1
+1 to Barbarian Skill Levels
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
-(11 to 15)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(3 to 7) to Blood Hatred (Barbarian Only)
(31 to 40)% to Strength
Requirements -100%
Socketed (4)

Tundra Walker
(Barbarian Warrior Set)
are good choices. Even
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 484
Item Level: 105
Adds 125-250 magic damage
+12 to Parasite
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
+(500 to 2000) Defense
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
Total Character Defense (25 to 50)%
Socketed (4)
/
Cinadide's Anvil
Cinadide's Anvil
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3271 - 3680) to (3583 - 4031)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
303
Item Level: 1
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
Adds 13-25 damage
Adds 32-63 magic damage
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to Strength
Requirements -50%
Socketed (2)

Cinadide's Craft
(Paladin Honor Set)
is decent for extra magic damage or the expensive 3 piece
Curse of the Zakarum
Curse of the Zakarum
(Zakarum Set)

Wyand's Perfidy
Maffer's Frenzy
Bremm's Retribution
Geleb's Greed

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
Maximum Life 10%
Maximum Fire Resist +4%

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
Level 12 Wolf Stance

Set Bonus with complete set:
+2 to All Skills
+84 fire damage
+50% to Fire Spell Damage
-60% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+3 to Path of Flames
+75 to all Attributes

set for Wolf Stance. there's a lot of item choices trust me these are only a few. Take it upon yourself to find %STR gear using ctrl+f.

Resists should be capped if not use Gems/Mystic orbs, Runes should be "Ko" for 5% STR in empty sockets.
Erawan
Erawan
Body Armors

'Nih'
Runeword Level: 100
10% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
25% to Strength
25% to Vitality
Physical Resist (11 to 15)%
Total Character Defense (11 to 20)%
for %physical resist if you feel like you have trouble tanking mobs. Same concept for other pieces of gear I'm too lazy / cba to mention just ctrl+F Physical resist under Runewords.

and use this https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/ to find out what your frames are for attack speed and hit recovery. a few fhr frames early does make a difference early on so having some of it is good but not excessively.

and this https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=34896

good luck


Man I really appreciate the huge effort that went into your reply. Thanks heaps =)
ManaLeech
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I've managed to progress pretty well to 125, I did have a few questions more out of curiosity than anything.

1. What sort of a wormhole should I be building? A MF one seems obvious but is it worth making one that's pure dex stacking? Or a flat life one for harder content?

2. What sort of tooldip damage on carnage/parasite should I be looking at when going for the 125 ubers? Curious what a sort of baseline is
Bliyadolubov
Pit Knight
115 | 1
ManaLeech wrote:I've managed to progress pretty well to 125, I did have a few questions more out of curiosity than anything.

1. What sort of a wormhole should I be building? A MF one seems obvious but is it worth making one that's pure dex stacking? Or a flat life one for harder content?

2. What sort of tooldip damage on carnage/parasite should I be looking at when going for the 125 ubers? Curious what a sort of baseline is
Stacking life is more important in a lategame. You should have 2 wormholes, 1 with crappy small charms you dont need, second - with stat you need (large/medium) Most important stat in game are life and breakpoints, if you manage to cover your breakpoints then you need life. Carnage around 15k-20k at lategame, dont know about 125 ubers, maybe 8-10k.
WARBANDIT30
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Hi guys I have been rolling daggers and was wondering whats the highest max damage roll anyone has seen . Don't really know what damage I'm looking for.....[Sry if you covered this already]