2h Melee Necro

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I dabbled a few days with melee necro and this is my conclusion. Reaper would be a nice addition if we didnt had to jump every 5 sec to buff.There is no other class/spec that needs to buff every 5 sec to farm effectively, and parasite alone just cant be effective in 120+ areas. Not to mention its not even a buff, but an ackward leap which takes more time than normal buffs.My proposition would be-25 or 30 skill points in parasite=reaper. That way you still have to pay the cost of skill points to make a dedicated farming setup.
Kreisshen
Prowler
16 | 0
So there is a way to upgrade this to do most of ubers?
Giu
Core Lord
385 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kreisshen wrote:So there is a way to upgrade this to do most of ubers?

Maybe if you use fortress + Guard tower relics (-:
Giu
Core Lord
385 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:I dabbled a few days with melee necro and this is my conclusion. Reaper would be a nice addition if we didnt had to jump every 5 sec to buff.There is no other class/spec that needs to buff every 5 sec to farm effectively, and parasite alone just cant be effective in 120+ areas. Not to mention its not even a buff, but an ackward leap which takes more time than normal buffs.My proposition would be-25 or 30 skill points in parasite=reaper. That way you still have to pay the cost of skill points to make a dedicated farming setup.

Agree
CaoBao
Bone Archer
72 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Giu wrote:

But with Guard Tower you cant use Deathlord or Melee Devotion :( better option would be Cherubim Relic.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
For me this build were the safest and ezest ssf farmer overall BEFORE Reaper.... Reaper for me is just addition and nothing more (that make you have easier times in FAuzt and Dunc vs phys res). Not crucial for farming at all and absolutely not required to be 100% uptime. Maybe compared to some properly geared chars ye - he's abit slow. But naked vs naked (using only basic TUs, maybe basic crafts (not even good) and rws, obtainable without single ele/gr rune - i bet he surely will win (not counting palabarbs ofc because they're cool by default for whole D2 eternity) :P
leekocid
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:
Giu wrote:

But with Guard Tower you cant use Deathlord or Melee Devotion :( better option would be Cherubim Relic.

Melee nec tree now only use for buff for Guard tower/disco build or xbow physic(buckshot), and can swap to 2 hand wp to use carnage for boss, cherubim is not same like 2.2 or before, now it is very weak( at least with me)
Giu
Core Lord
385 | 61
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
CaoBao wrote:
Giu wrote:

Famine doesnt need the morph.
Kreisshen
Prowler
16 | 0
So there any real change to make it viable?
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1127 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kreisshen wrote:So there any real change to make it viable?

Personally, Id like to see some Physical res added to passive skills so that gear commitment to it doesn't have to be so high.
It would also be nice if Parasite was buffed; or some other change that would make farming a little more bearable.

Again, this is just my take on it.