2h Melee Necro

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
DirtyPoohSock
Destroyer
7 | 0
Diaco wrote:with reapers hand you should be destroying sunless sea blindfolded... unless you have too little attack speed? what's your chance to hit the mobs there? also make sure you have some max cold resist since they have cold attacks there now

Well I have no idea why they are killing me so fast. I did the area just fine the first time but now they are like grouping up on me and the life steal seems like it has a delay or something. They do so much damage my health does not even have time to go back up.

I have an 81% chance to hit them and 115% attack speed as well. I can't figure it out.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
DirtyPoohSock wrote:
Diaco wrote:with reapers hand you should be destroying sunless sea blindfolded... unless you have too little attack speed? what's your chance to hit the mobs there? also make sure you have some max cold resist since they have cold attacks there now

Well I have no idea why they are killing me so fast. I did the area just fine the first time but now they are like grouping up on me and the life steal seems like it has a delay or something. They do so much damage my health does not even have time to go back up.

I have an 81% chance to hit them and 115% attack speed as well. I can't figure it out.

Get perfect Onyxes in your armor; the area is now cold themed this patch, so overstacking cold res will help a lot at lower levels.
DirtyPoohSock
Destroyer
7 | 0
OrphineM wrote:
DirtyPoohSock wrote:

Get perfect Onyxes in your armor; the area is now cold themed this patch, so overstacking cold res will help a lot at lower levels.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
is there any way of knowing when you hit the Deathlord defense cap?
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Diaco wrote:is there any way of knowing when you hit the Deathlord defense cap?

Sadly not really.
In endgame 1 hardpoint reaches the cap (last season anyway). According to changelog the defense cap was removed anyway, but it wasnt.
Still waiting for someone explanation on this. Really weakens the build..
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kolyeah8 wrote:

Sadly not really.
In endgame 1 hardpoint reaches the cap (last season anyway). According to changelog the defense cap was removed anyway, but it wasnt.

It's based off of your total base strength and dex, so its gonna be 1185 * whatever the multiplier u get from deathlord at a max, the cap is certainly above 32k like it previously was.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Helzopro wrote:
kolyeah8 wrote:

Sadly not really.

It's based off of your total base strength and dex, so its gonna be 1185 * whatever the multiplier u get from deathlord at a max, the cap is certainly above 32k like it previously was.

In lategame it doesnt matter if you put 1 or 30 points in deathlord. So the multiplier doest matter at some point.
i pointed this out a year ago, where i tried it out several times with the result being that deathlord gives a max of 650k def no matter how many points in it. The skill description skill increased the %-bonus to def.
also confirmed by veteran player ^^
And would "total str and dex" mean str and dex with implied bonusses from %stats and +stats ?

i dont have a nec this season so cant try, but i am sure there is a (unintentional) limit to deathlord def, sadly.
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kolyeah8 wrote:i dont have a nec this season so cant try, but i am sure there is a (unintentional) limit to deathlord def, sadly.

Think its just a tooltip description error and infact it is actually meant to be base stats, so not any added stats or %increases, if it was meant to be total stats dont you think that would be a bit abusrd having at an avg 110k 'free' base defence?

With just base stats and a level 50 Deathlord you're looking at a 41k flat defence buff, the 32k cap is definitely gone I can assure you of that.
Edited by Helzopro 3 years.
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
Helzopro wrote:
kolyeah8 wrote:i dont have a nec this season so cant try, but i am sure there is a (unintentional) limit to deathlord def, sadly.

Think its just a tooltip description error and infact it is actually meant to be base stats, so not any added stats or %increases, if it was meant to be total stats dont you think that would be a bit abusrd having at an avg 110k 'free' base defence?

With just base stats and a level 50 Deathlord you're looking at a 41k flat defence buff, the 32k cap is definitely gone I can assure you of that.

im sorry, this isnt meant to be rude, but have you played a melee nec?
you easily get to almost 1 million defense with deathlord giving 650k. thats the only defense a 2h melee nec has. low life, no inherent physical resist, no block, no evade.

sure the 32k cap is gone, but its capped somewhere way higher and noone knows why and where, thats the problem here.

or am i missunderstanding? :oops:
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
kolyeah8 wrote:
or am i missunderstanding? :oops:

Sorry for all this, I understand now, it caps at the 16bit integer of ~65535, that's why it doesnt increase ur defence anymore, so its still better than it was :D just at another cap instead.