2h Melee Necro

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HeelHook wrote:Image

My take on the 2H melee necro. Found a shadowfang and this is by far the most fun build I have ever played.
You literally turn into veil king and smash things. I also have massive graveyard dmg, the veil king plague grasp is insane and the amount of
revives that I can get in a couple minutes is also crazy (¬30-50).

This build clears Duncraig like it's Den of Evil and is also quite a tank.
Too bad I only found a shadowfang so late in the season. Might try it again next season or just keep playing it non-ladder.

I got Unholy Death Knight vibes from your post, will try thanks for the input!
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye
with this build? The flat damage seems really nice, time strike is decent and whirlpool seems like a nice quick DoT to add to the DPS.
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Crosby4HyG wrote:Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye
with this build? The flat damage seems really nice, time strike is decent and whirlpool seems like a nice quick DoT to add to the DPS.

haven't tried it but on paper it does look usable for whirlpool builds. it's probably overlooked because a 2h scythe at 500-550+ two handed damage with 6 open sockets for x6 Jah runes will provide more overall damage if you aren't just farming
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Elendilli wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye

haven't tried it but on paper it does look usable for whirlpool builds. it's probably overlooked because a 2h scythe at 500-550+ two handed damage with 6 open sockets for x6 Jah runes will provide more overall damage if you aren't just farming

Fair enough, after some quick testing it looks like
Bartuc's Eye
has a slightly higher min dmg than
Reaper's Hand
Reaper's Hand
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (238 - 336) to (373 - 502)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 512
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
15% Chance to cast level 1 Raid on Melee Attack
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
Adds (50 to 90)-(180 to 250) Damage
(50 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
+(130 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Freezes Target +1
Socketed (6)
with 6 Jah, Reaper's is higher max dmg. That's with a 35% non-luckied Bonesplitter for Bartuc's. Reaper's MO'd to to hit 200% ED before Jah with EWD as well. Personally I'd take the min dmg but that's just me, not to mention the +4 SK on Bartuc's.

@OP Probably worth adding
Bartuc's Eye
to the item suggestion unless you see a big reason not to use it that I'm missing.
HeelHook
Sasquatch
66 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I made another oskill 2-hand melee necro this season.
Do not have enough time to write a guide, but I stand by my opinion that this shadowfang based charged strike melee necro is better than the 2h
melee necro using a scythe and the actual melee necro skills such as parasite.
Up to lvl130 ubers basically no respecing necessary. Amazing farmer and mob killer and very decent boss killer too. Will try to attempt Samael once lvl135.
Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case. :pop:
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeelHook wrote:I made another oskill 2-hand melee necro this season.
Do not have enough time to write a guide, but I stand by my opinion that this shadowfang based charged strike melee necro is better than the 2h
melee necro using a scythe and the actual melee necro skills such as parasite.
Up to lvl130 ubers basically no respecing necessary. Amazing farmer and mob killer and very decent boss killer too. Will try to attempt Samael once lvl135.
Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case. :pop:

Looks fun bro, would be cool to see some vids of the build in action.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeelHook wrote:Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case.

why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
Crash wrote:why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense

Nightmare proc is actually useful.
HeelHook
Sasquatch
66 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Seikun wrote:
Crash wrote:why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense

Nightmare proc is actually useful.

Precisely this ^^, plus a 25% vitality boost for the tankiness.

Nightmare oskill:
Curse - Slows enemies and reduces their chance to hit you

Prevents monsters from healing on hit/kill

Item Granted Skill

Duration: 10 seconds
Velocity: -40%
Radius: xx yards
Mana Cost: xxx

Not sure what the velocity reduction and radius are for the lvl20 nightmare proc, but it is quite nice to have against mobs in Dunc, Fauzt, Viz-Jun etc.
Seikun
Abomination
154 | 8
HeelHook wrote:Precisely this ^^, plus a 25% vitality boost for the tankiness.

Nightmare oskill:
Curse - Slows enemies and reduces their chance to hit you

Prevents monsters from healing on hit/kill

Item Granted Skill

Duration: 10 seconds
Velocity: -40%
Radius: xx yards
Mana Cost: xxx

Not sure what the velocity reduction and radius are for the lvl20 nightmare proc, but it is quite nice to have against mobs in Dunc, Fauzt, Viz-Jun etc.

Thing is, %vita is not that good on necro. AFAIK necro only gets 1 hp per vita point, and you wouldn't invest in vita anyway, so flat vita numbers aren't high even with Stormlord.

Just checked the docs; Stormfang doesn't get in a way of Deathlord buff? Awesome!

Why charged strike, though?