2h Melee Necro

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Victor
Abomination
144 | 16
HeelHook wrote:Image

My take on the 2H melee necro. Found a shadowfang and this is by far the most fun build I have ever played.
You literally turn into veil king and smash things. I also have massive graveyard dmg, the veil king plague grasp is insane and the amount of
revives that I can get in a couple minutes is also crazy (¬30-50).

This build clears Duncraig like it's Den of Evil and is also quite a tank.
Too bad I only found a shadowfang so late in the season. Might try it again next season or just keep playing it non-ladder.


I got Unholy Death Knight vibes from your post, will try thanks for the input!
Crosby4HyG
Cog
236 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye


Bartuc's Eye
Necromancer Scythes

'EaEaEaEaEaEa'
Runeword Level: 100
15% Chance to cast level 30 Time Strike on Striking
+(0 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 155-248 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(5 to 16) to Whirlpool
+1 Life on Striking
with this build? The flat damage seems really nice, time strike is decent and whirlpool seems like a nice quick DoT to add to the DPS.
User avatar
Elendilli
Mangler
476 | 58
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crosby4HyG wrote:Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye


Bartuc's Eye
Necromancer Scythes

'EaEaEaEaEaEa'
Runeword Level: 100
15% Chance to cast level 30 Time Strike on Striking
+(0 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 155-248 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(5 to 16) to Whirlpool
+1 Life on Striking
with this build? The flat damage seems really nice, time strike is decent and whirlpool seems like a nice quick DoT to add to the DPS.


haven't tried it but on paper it does look usable for whirlpool builds. it's probably overlooked because a 2h scythe at 500-550+ two handed damage with 6 open sockets for x6 Jah runes will provide more overall damage if you aren't just farming
Crosby4HyG
Cog
236 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Elendilli wrote:
Crosby4HyG wrote:Any thoughts on
Bartuc's Eye


Bartuc's Eye
Necromancer Scythes

'EaEaEaEaEaEa'
Runeword Level: 100
15% Chance to cast level 30 Time Strike on Striking
+(0 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 155-248 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(5 to 16) to Whirlpool
+1 Life on Striking
with this build? The flat damage seems really nice, time strike is decent and whirlpool seems like a nice quick DoT to add to the DPS.


haven't tried it but on paper it does look usable for whirlpool builds. it's probably overlooked because a 2h scythe at 500-550+ two handed damage with 6 open sockets for x6 Jah runes will provide more overall damage if you aren't just farming


Fair enough, after some quick testing it looks like
Bartuc's Eye


Bartuc's Eye
Necromancer Scythes

'EaEaEaEaEaEa'
Runeword Level: 100
15% Chance to cast level 30 Time Strike on Striking
+(0 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 155-248 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(5 to 16) to Whirlpool
+1 Life on Striking
has a slightly higher min dmg than
Reaper's Hand
Reaper's Hand
Bonesplitter (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (238 - 336) to (373 - 502)
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 512
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.16 per Strength)%
Mega Impact
15% Chance to cast level 1 Quill Storm on Melee Attack
Additional Strength Damage Bonus: 0.0390625%
+(130 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (50 to 90)-(180 to 250) damage
(50 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
(5 to 10)% Life stolen per Hit
Freezes Target +1
Socketed (6)
with 6 Jah, Reaper's is higher max dmg. That's with a 35% non-luckied Bonesplitter for Bartuc's. Reaper's MO'd to to hit 200% ED before Jah with EWD as well. Personally I'd take the min dmg but that's just me, not to mention the +4 SK on Bartuc's.

@OP Probably worth adding
Bartuc's Eye


Bartuc's Eye
Necromancer Scythes

'EaEaEaEaEaEa'
Runeword Level: 100
15% Chance to cast level 30 Time Strike on Striking
+(0 to 4) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(171 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 155-248 damage
Ignore Target's Defense
+(5 to 16) to Whirlpool
+1 Life on Striking
to the item suggestion unless you see a big reason not to use it that I'm missing.
User avatar
HeelHook
Sasquatch
62 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I made another oskill 2-hand melee necro this season.
Do not have enough time to write a guide, but I stand by my opinion that this shadowfang based charged strike melee necro is better than the 2h
melee necro using a scythe and the actual melee necro skills such as parasite.
Up to lvl130 ubers basically no respecing necessary. Amazing farmer and mob killer and very decent boss killer too. Will try to attempt Samael once lvl135.
Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case. :pop:
Image
Crosby4HyG
Cog
236 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeelHook wrote:I made another oskill 2-hand melee necro this season.
Do not have enough time to write a guide, but I stand by my opinion that this shadowfang based charged strike melee necro is better than the 2h
melee necro using a scythe and the actual melee necro skills such as parasite.
Up to lvl130 ubers basically no respecing necessary. Amazing farmer and mob killer and very decent boss killer too. Will try to attempt Samael once lvl135.
Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case. :pop:
Image


Looks fun bro, would be cool to see some vids of the build in action.
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6696 | 305
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HeelHook wrote:Gear is Shadowfang, Khazra plate, idol of rygnar (sometimes swapped with royal circlet), rogue foresight, upgraded and enchanted ripstar and adrenaline rush, endless loop, shrill sacrament boots (can be swapped with akarat's trek). Literally clears whole screens in Dunc with 1 hit sometimes. Also has pretty good avoid dmg % and very high def and decent life at 15k. I rest my case.


why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense
User avatar
Seikun
Pit Knight
108 | 7
Crash wrote:why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense

Nightmare proc is actually useful.
User avatar
HeelHook
Sasquatch
62 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Seikun wrote:
Crash wrote:why are you using shrill sacrament over literally any other choice unless youre using exorcism to clear, in which case most of the other gear doesnt make much sense

Nightmare proc is actually useful.


Precisely this ^^, plus a 25% vitality boost for the tankiness.

Nightmare oskill:
Curse - Slows enemies and reduces their chance to hit you

Prevents monsters from healing on hit/kill

Item Granted Skill

Duration: 10 seconds
Velocity: -40%
Radius: xx yards
Mana Cost: xxx

Not sure what the velocity reduction and radius are for the lvl20 nightmare proc, but it is quite nice to have against mobs in Dunc, Fauzt, Viz-Jun etc.
User avatar
Seikun
Pit Knight
108 | 7
HeelHook wrote:Precisely this ^^, plus a 25% vitality boost for the tankiness.

Nightmare oskill:
Curse - Slows enemies and reduces their chance to hit you

Prevents monsters from healing on hit/kill

Item Granted Skill

Duration: 10 seconds
Velocity: -40%
Radius: xx yards
Mana Cost: xxx

Not sure what the velocity reduction and radius are for the lvl20 nightmare proc, but it is quite nice to have against mobs in Dunc, Fauzt, Viz-Jun etc.


Thing is, %vita is not that good on necro. AFAIK necro only gets 1 hp per vita point, and you wouldn't invest in vita anyway, so flat vita numbers aren't high even with Stormlord.

Just checked the docs; Stormfang doesn't get in a way of Deathlord buff? Awesome!

Why charged strike, though?