Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tasidon wrote:I'll read all the comments tomorrow as this question may have been addressed already, but I am curious of your opinion. With no longer being able to Mo pierce wouldn't we be best to go with 1 main damage pierce type fire or cold, and if so which one would be the stronger? From what I've read in the guide itself the cold Dmg is the real hard hitter.

You need both types otherwise you can't deal with immunities.

The way it's set up, fire is the main area clearing totem with Boneyard to help back up the damage spreading. Frostclaw is meant for single target and boss killing, which is why its situationally used, and most often times only keep 1 of them up.
Wulf
Onyx Knight
648 | 120
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
LH did you manage to roll something decent with your sacred marrow or stuck to T6?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Wulf wrote:LH did you manage to roll something decent with your sacred marrow or stuck to T6?

I rolled a decent one. Only +9 skills and some low spell damage and pierce but it's better than the TU. I can post a picture later.
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
L H wrote:
Tasidon wrote:I'll read all the comments tomorrow as this question may have been addressed already, but I am curious of your opinion. With no longer being able to Mo pierce wouldn't we be best to go with 1 main damage pierce type fire or cold, and if so which one would be the stronger? From what I've read in the guide itself the cold Dmg is the real hard hitter.

You need both types otherwise you can't deal with immunities.

The way it's set up, fire is the main area clearing totem with Boneyard to help back up the damage spreading. Frostclaw is meant for single target and boss killing, which is why its situationally used, and most often times only keep 1 of them up.

I understand for immunities etc, just to be clear I'm saying should we focus more on one pierce type to make sure we reach the max pierce (not even sure what that is now) for bosses, instead of having both pierce at for instance 50% we could have just fire or cold at 100%, or does it seem possible for mid game/ end game setup to reach the max pierce for both.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
I find the Judgement Day charm to be quite hard to obtain. Either I am a very unlucky necro or I am doing something wrong (my money is on the latter...with a pinch of the first as well)
IF I survive the initial stun after summoning (50% of the time) my minions just croak one after another even if i keep spamming flayers to keep them occupied. I know that this is probably due to them not being magic immune any longer but I do not really have time to recast them before the mobs start to dismantle my totems and subsequently ...me.
Is it there a trick to use dark summoning ? Like where the mouse pointer is aimed at ? I have tried several different angles but the result is the same.
I saw in your video that you start moving to safety as soon as you cast dark summoning but for some reason i end up getting pushed into the wall. I have similar issues with Jitans.
I am not sure but it seems that they use those nuclear launch codes they have obtained more frequently now.
Oh and by the way, loved your Fauzt video. I had a quick peek in there and now there is probably some necrobot running around in there with my head as a trophy. I lasted a whooping 20 seconds...It was hilarious though.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nicolas, I said it in an earlier comment. I just got pretty luck with the quick double spawn like that. A lot of it on your end is just moving quickly after using it. There's a tiny delay between the cast and the knockback, so as long as you start moving, it'll be fine.

At this point, you should be familiar with the range of your fire and frost totems. Just eyeball where you summon and where you position everytbing. You can kinda use the skeletals to aim the edyrem and keep them in place (they'll Tele less and freeze you less and sometimes tremor less as well if you keep them occupied).

Don't teleport at all after summoning because they will immediately jump on you and you won't be able to recover.

@tasidon, we will be okay with pierce. I only have two mid game gear crafts and seven charms and have about 60-80 to fire and cold.

Max pierce for heroic bosses is now -170, and regular monsters -135
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
I think i got it sorted out now.. I just have to avoid servers with a ping of 500 or higher. Of course i do not teleport around :lol:
Made that mistake a while back when i started playing Median.
Its all just luck and some hand/eye coordination :lol:
For some reason Tal Rasha spawned completely alone without his croonies , I suppose that was my lucky break for today.
Anyways, really appreciate your replies and the amount of work you are putting into this guide. I will not follow it all the way to end game gear but I am having a blast with the necro.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nicolas72 wrote:I think i got it sorted out now.. I just have to avoid servers with a ping of 500 or higher. Of course i do not teleport around :lol:
Made that mistake a while back when i started playing Median.
Its all just luck and some hand/eye coordination :lol:
For some reason Tal Rasha spawned completely alone without his croonies , I suppose that was my lucky break for today.
Anyways, really appreciate your replies and the amount of work you are putting into this guide. I will not follow it all the way to end game gear but I am having a blast with the necro.

Tal Rasha has a glitch summon in the corners of the area if you position yourself specifically. I just chose not to show that for the sake of the guide being for new players who wouldn't know the glitch.
Nicolas72
Jungle Hunter
25 | 1
Oh, I did not know there is a glitch. Now i have something to tinker with lol. Lets see if google will be helpful.
But I must say that the necro is good at doing this particular summon. It feels as if the minions are a bit tankier than before the patch. At least that was my impression is Kurast 3000 and Tran. I used to have some problems there, at least getting hit a few times but I did not get hit at all with him (even with standing still after BtS I got hit quite a few times before)
For that reason I MO'ed rings and ammies with Bane monsters to have extra meat shields. They did quite well after summoning them using Hounfor etc etc even in Destruction. Pity that they are gone now. Maybe the unique orbs are a bit more interesting now.
Btw:
Have you ever bothered buffing your minions with Blackheart for the CB on it ?
RainXXX
Prowler
16 | 0
I kill Griswold 100+ time and not drop Queen of Glass. This chest drop from Griswold gift box???