Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bageren wrote:I've crafted god knows how many jewels, and I've barely been getting any with 4% fire dmg, let alone 4% fire dmg AND minion life/energy factor.

How would you rate the jewel posted below? Would you prefer one with 4% fire dmg and no minion life / energy factor over that one?

Ideally, 4% spell damage and no minion life would be best. I only posted the 4% fire, 15% minion life jewel as an optimal roll of what you're able to get. Once your skeletal flayers start popping up around 50-60k, you should be fine on HP, without having to worry about the rollover value. If you get closer to 70-75k, be careful since the Demon Blood aura isn't factored into the skill icon's description of the summon's HP. If you feel like you're low on Minion Life, you can make Ist-crafted jewels for more minion life and hope 2% spell damage appears, but in most cases, you'll just wanna go with Zod-crafted and aim for 4% Fire and hope you get Minion life to pop up occasionally (not required, but is a nice bonus).
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
under skills you mention Mythal at the top when explaining what the skills do but its not mentioned anywhwere in the gearing or quest planning advancment for eaerly mid or end game so theres no mention on how a necro is supposed to get that skill or what the suggestion is for gambling for it or whatever
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bradr wrote:under skills you mention Mythal at the top when explaining what the skills do but its not mentioned anywhwere in the gearing or quest planning advancment for eaerly mid or end game so theres no mention on how a necro is supposed to get that skill or what the suggestion is for gambling for it or whatever

Thanks for pointing it out. It's a wand runeword,
Doomguard
that was removed as an option when the removal of heroic shields was patched in, since there was no real reason to hang onto Mythal anymore.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
L H wrote:
bradr wrote:under skills you mention Mythal at the top when explaining what the skills do but its not mentioned anywhwere in the gearing or quest planning advancment for eaerly mid or end game so theres no mention on how a necro is supposed to get that skill or what the suggestion is for gambling for it or whatever

Thanks for pointing it out. It's a wand runeword,
Doomguard
that was removed as an option when the removal of heroic shields was patched in, since there was no real reason to hang onto Mythal anymore.

\
so mythsl isnt needed anymore?? and is creep still viable as a secret runeword for the marrowstaff?
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes I used creep over a crafted staff since the cast rate is just too good of a DPS boost that it's hard to skip over, plus it helps with your clear and move speed.

Mythal was never needed, but I had included it a while back as an option. You can see the stats on the wand are pretty good for this setup, and I just wanted to add in alternate options for gear that typically went unused.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
lastly i didnt know you could runeword a crafted staff??? i thoughtyou could only runeword grey items
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
bradr wrote:lastly i didnt know you could runeword a crafted staff??? i thoughtyou could only runeword grey items

You can't runeword a crafted staff :) only grey items indeed.

What LH meant is that he chose the creep runeword instead of a crafted staff.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Aspirine101 wrote:
bradr wrote:lastly i didnt know you could runeword a crafted staff??? i thoughtyou could only runeword grey items

You can't runeword a crafted staff :) only grey items indeed.

What LH meant is that he chose the creep runeword instead of a crafted staff.

gotcha ty
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey guys, any use for
Prince of Nothing
?
It looks like it could be cool, but in reality T6 Unique Marrow Staff feels better.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
re creep is that realm only?? or can i make it in single player? not quiet there yet but wondered cause i saw it used on storm amazon guide saying it was realm only and not useable on single player