Totem Hybrid Necromancer

HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I have a question, how is The Creep in this build better than a good craft? They can roll good -res, %spell dmg and necro skills too.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2340 | 216
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
sorc morph, fcr , etc.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sorc morph has a noticeably faster cast rate at 200 FCR, I think is the breakpoint.

Five Max res lets you take gems out of sockets and replace with Zod crafted jewels for fire spell, energy factor, and potentially minion life as well.
HohoHaha
Pit Knight
106 | 10
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
L H wrote:Sorc morph has a noticeably faster cast rate at 200 FCR, I think is the breakpoint.

Five Max res lets you take gems out of sockets and replace with Zod crafted jewels for fire spell, energy factor, and potentially minion life as well.

Thanks, I made one and so far it's been a huge improvement :D
Khacnam
Stygian Watcher
42 | 0
I see on list of Enhanced runeword. Do you think
Deep Water (Xis)
better than The creep. I see that it +14 skill and 75% spell dmg.

One issue with that build that my defence is 50k. It too low and I have to + Death ward instead of Jinn (when I go to Dunc, I die so fast). With max DW, my Def is 300k and I can survice in some hard Uber.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Khacnam wrote:I see on list of Enhanced runeword. Do you think
Deep Water (Xis)
better than The creep. I see that it +14 skill and 75% spell dmg.

One issue with that build that my defence is 50k. It too low and I have to + Death ward instead of Jinn (when I go to Dunc, I die so fast). With max DW, my Def is 300k and I can survice in some hard Uber.

You can use whatever you want to use.

As I've said in previous comments, the creep is used for the noticeably faster cast rate in Sorc morph, the max resist which allows you to start so meting crafted jewels in other slots instead of perfect gems for resist, and how easy it is to reroll and fairly easy to obtain.

Deep water is easy to obtain since the build farms UL easily, but if you get a bad roll, you can't just reroll it ten times after half of a terror Fauzt run.

If you're getting hit in Duncraig that often, then you're likely not teleporting efficiently. Minions should never really be that far away that the slain souls are running up and hitting you.
Shade
|
I'm really struggling with Judgement Day. I've got some later charms but I just can't get that one.

I look at your setup in the video and I seem to be doing the same things but only once have I managed to get the charm to drop (when Malthael spawned quite early) and then I couldn't get to it because as soon as I stopped spamming flayers they jumped me.

Part of it may be bad luck - it seems to take a long time for the bosses to spawn and by then there seem to be loads of Edyrems. Also the totems don't seem to do much damage to the bosses so I have to stay there a long while and that's hard (their damage goes up when bosses are there?).
Are you using the usual 4fire/1cold or more cold for single target dmg?

I can't quite tell from the video exactly where you are doing the summon. Looks like almost right in the corner?
Then it looks like you end up with a nice circle of Edyrems around the point where you're spawning flayers - I never seem to get that.

It seems a fairly essential charm to get so any tips would be appreciated.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You're only concerned with killing the spawns avatars, so either four cold and one fire or all cold will be your best option. Just keep in mind that cold totems have slightly less targeting range, so you'll need to spam flayers in a spot near enough to be targeted but far enough that your totems aren't attacked.

Just keep all your summons going. Be sure you have at least one jinn up at all times for the pierce aura. Cycle between resummoning minions as needed. You can spam whatever minion you want at the target point. Doesn't have to be flayers, it's just what I've always done. When the avatar spawns, your minions should rush the area. That will give you a better chance to tank and you can swap to funeral pyre for a few seconds to help kill if necessary
Shade
|
Woot. Got the base charm :)

I did it with 5 cold totems, even tho I tried that before this time I tried to keep all summons up and I was a bit lucky that the avatar appeared quickly. In fact I didn't even realise until the swirlies appeared.

Not sure I'll ever get the upgrade where you need both in 30 secs - that could be my life's work. :(
Thanks for help.

EDIT: I didn't do as well as I thought. After writing the above, I went back to the game and saw that I still had Dark Summoning on RMB - which means I didn't even have time to re-summon one thing before the charm dropped! Ah well, better being lucky than good, as they say :)
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
Shade wrote:Woot. Got the base charm :)

I did it with 5 cold totems, even tho I tried that before this time I tried to keep all summons up and I was a bit lucky that the avatar appeared quickly. In fact I didn't even realise until the swirlies appeared.

Not sure I'll ever get the upgrade where you need both in 30 secs - that could be my life's work. :(
Thanks for help.

EDIT: I didn't do as well as I thought. After writing the above, I went back to the game and saw that I still had Dark Summoning on RMB - which means I didn't even have time to re-summon one thing before the charm dropped! Ah well, better being lucky than good, as they say :)

Upping the charm actually ain't that hard with totemancer. With upgrade from Tojara you should have absolutely zero issue what so ever, just remember to spam Edyrems and some rampageors next to the archers so they target those minions and never shoot in your direction.

For 2 bosses at once in Inner Sanctum, I would advise just simply spaming 1-2 min games, if two bosses doesnt spawn within 1-2 mins and you see it's not going so well, just remake. Remember to keep resummoning your minions all the time as they do also get demaged by the surroundings as so your hero.

It's also a good char (totemancer it is) to farm the throphy from either of these two bosses. Just get some practise. I was usually staying till 6th or 7th boss and then remaking as it was getting to dangerous.