Totem Necromancer

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
L H
Citizen
3085 | 129
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Feeles wrote:Also it may be useful to mention in the build (for noobs like me) that if you die you need to unequip and reequip the tome of possession because when you die the aura goes off... or this is only for those who use the book and without it is not an issue?


L H wrote:DO NOT HAVE SHADOWS SUMMONED DURING THIS FIGHT, or if you are specced melee for this, DO NOT USE KHAZRA PLATE. The Demon Blood Aura has HP Regeneration and it will apply to Arihan every time he is charmed. Also to note, every time you die, you have to re-equip the Tome of Possession (just pick it from inventory and put it back down in inventory) or else every time you charm Arihan, he will heal instead of take damage from Primus' Messenger.


It's written in the notes section already.
Feeles
Acid Prince
45 | 1
L H wrote:
Feeles wrote:Also it may be useful to mention in the build (for noobs like me) that if you die you need to unequip and reequip the tome of possession because when you die the aura goes off... or this is only for those who use the book and without it is not an issue?


L H wrote:DO NOT HAVE SHADOWS SUMMONED DURING THIS FIGHT, or if you are specced melee for this, DO NOT USE KHAZRA PLATE. The Demon Blood Aura has HP Regeneration and it will apply to Arihan every time he is charmed. Also to note, every time you die, you have to re-equip the Tome of Possession (just pick it from inventory and put it back down in inventory) or else every time you charm Arihan, he will heal instead of take damage from Primus' Messenger.


It's written in the notes section already.


Ops... Sry. Anyway some tactical hints?

Bats are a problem.. when i have body on they die easily, without it funeral pyre is very slow.. i got bloodmage hire that cleans bat very fast but i'm afraid he can inner fire arihan.. can he?

Also when arihan goes half life, his Speed is a problem, also he uses a skill like ghosts coming up from floor.. is there something to know to neutralize that?
User avatar
L H
Citizen
3085 | 129
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Feeles wrote:Ops... Sry. Anyway some tactical hints?


L H wrote:Basically, what you want to have happen is to set Primus' Messenger in between yourself and Arihan, so that any time he fires his missile bolts, they will be directed in the opposite direction from you, removing any threat of you being cursed. Also, this allows you to comfortably stand and watch the fight, hovering your mouse over Arihan, so that as soon as you see his name pop up as a target, you re-cast Dire Charm.

There are a few items which can make this easier. Remember how I said Dire Charm has unpredictable timers and durations? There are three SSU items that can make this fight go much less stressful because they offer oskills that have much longer durations and very short, static timers:
Faerie Pyre
Faerie Pyre
Hunter's Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (643-698) to (910-968)
Required Dexterity: 425
Required Level: 100
Current Dexterity Damage Bonus: (51/256 per Dexterity)%
10% Chance to cast level 59 Fire Splash when you Kill an Enemy
+(251 to 300)% Enhanced damage
Adds 250-500 damage
-25% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(4 to 6) to Charm
Slows Target By 15%
-500 to Monster Defense per Hit
+100 to Dexterity
Fire Resist +40%
Socketed (6)
- Charm oskill - 10sec duration, very short timer.
Issalfarstafr
Issalfarstafr
Battle Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 121 to 131
Required Dexterity: 234
Required Level: 100
Current Dexterity Damage Bonus: (25/256 per Dexterity)%
+(6 to 8) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(6 to 8) to Druid Skill Levels
200% Bonus to Buff/Debuff/Cold Skill Duration
+50% Damage to Undead
+(101 to 150)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(12 to 17) to Cone of Cold
+(7 to 14) to Charm
+(4 to 7) to Glacial Nova
Freezes attacker +2
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
Cold Resist +250%
Socketed (6)
- Charm oskill - 10sec duration, very short timer.
Karybdus' Descent
Karybdus' Descent
Marrow Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 90 to 98
Required Strength: 275
Required Level: 100
(Necromancer Only)
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (25/256 per Strength)%
+150 Strength Factor to Spell Damage
+(10 to 12) to Necromancer Skill Levels
+(41 to 50)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
35% Faster Cast Rate
+50% Damage to Undead
+100% to Poison Spell Damage
+(25 to 29) to Carpet of Spiders
+(13 to 16) to Dominate
50% Bonus to Strength
25% Reanimate as: Darkling
Socketed (6)
- Dominate oskill - 20sec duration, ~1.5 second timer.

The best option, obviously being the Marrow Staff, but if you have access to any of these three, keep them on switch during the boss fight. Simply switch to these, cast Charm, switch back to your main in case any bats or monsters spawn, but keep a mental countdown in your head so you know when Arihan will lose his charm so that you can switch weapons in time and re-charm him with no setbacks.


Main point there being the first part, which is all about your positioning. Middle paragraph is item options to make it easier. Third paragraph is general explanation for charming/attacking. Basically, combine the three. Positioning + longer charm + bat clearing precautions/TP.

Feeles wrote:Bats are a problem.. when i have body on they die easily, without it funeral pyre is very slow.. i got bloodmage hire that cleans bat very fast but i'm afraid he can inner fire arihan.. can he?


Arihan is not a targetable ally when he is charmed, so inner fire can't be cast on him. He becomes an ally, so the aura from shadows/khazra plate would apply, but active skill can't be cast on him while he is charmed.

Feeles wrote:Also when arihan goes half life, his Speed is a problem, also he uses a skill like ghosts coming up from floor.. is there something to know to neutralize that?


Don't stand on the ghost burning floor thing and it won't damage you. Key to the fight is written above -- keep your mouse hovered over him so you can charm him as soon as the previous cast wears off. This will ensure that he won't have enough time to cast anything that would damage you. If he casts the attack while he is charmed, it will damage your enemies and remain that way after the charm wears off, unless he casts it again while he is hostile.
Feeles
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Thanks for explaining it deeply, i will give a next try and let you know :)