Totem Hybrid Necromancer

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
bageren
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
How does this build deal with the new destruction Baal?
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5191 | 171
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
bageren wrote:How does this build deal with the new destruction Baal?


Have not tried, but you'll likely have the best luck using a strategy similar to the xazax video. Just a couple summons for the aura and then nuke with funeral pyre.
bageren
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
Image

Would you say this is a decent roll, or should I keep trying? I'm mainly asking because I don't really know how good energy factor to spell damage is.

Also, in your guide you've written that we should use leather gloves for crafting. Is that because we want low requirements early/midgame, and then lategame we should use gauntlets instead for most defense?
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5191 | 171
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
bageren wrote:Image

Would you say this is a decent roll, or should I keep trying? I'm mainly asking because I don't really know how good energy factor to spell damage is.

Also, in your guide you've written that we should use leather gloves for crafting. Is that because we want low requirements early/midgame, and then lategame we should use gauntlets instead for most defense?


It's a decent craft. If you check the affix table, you can roll much better. You can get up to -15% Enemy Fire on the gloves themselves, let alone another -8% from the shrine, then another -8% at the shrine blessing. You can in theory, roll a perfect craft up to -31% Enemy Fire, and up to +20% + 8% + 8% on the spell damage.

Use leather gloves for crafts for lower requirements. They cost about 125 less strength than gauntlets, giving you probably about 75 more base points into energy with your charms' stat bonuses.

You should never really need to worry about your own defense with this setup. If you're doing something more like HechtHeftig's guide, he goes for defense. This guide uses the minions to tank everything for you.
bageren
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Image

Would you say this is a decent roll, or should I keep trying? I'm mainly asking because I don't really know how good energy factor to spell damage is.

Also, in your guide you've written that we should use leather gloves for crafting. Is that because we want low requirements early/midgame, and then lategame we should use gauntlets instead for most defense?


It's a decent craft. If you check the affix table, you can roll much better. You can get up to -15% Enemy Fire on the gloves themselves, let alone another -8% from the shrine, then another -8% at the shrine blessing. You can in theory, roll a perfect craft up to -31% Enemy Fire, and up to +20% + 8% + 8% on the spell damage.

Use leather gloves for crafts for lower requirements. They cost about 125 less strength than gauntlets, giving you probably about 75 more base points into energy with your charms' stat bonuses.

You should never really need to worry about your own defense with this setup. If you're doing something more like HechtHeftig's guide, he goes for defense. This guide uses the minions to tank everything for you.


Thanks. In your guide you listed
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
+3 to All Skills
+5 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(201 to 250)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 to Life
Replenish Life +1000
+1000 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

as the lategame armor. It requires 614 strength, and the gauntlets I have found require 574, so I might as well get that extra defense, right? Or am I missing something?
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5191 | 171
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
bageren wrote:Thanks. In your guide you listed
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
+3 to All Skills
+5 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(201 to 250)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 to Life
Replenish Life +1000
+1000 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

as the lategame armor. It requires 614 strength, and the gauntlets I have found require 574, so I might as well get that extra defense, right? Or am I missing something?


Until you get Goetia, there's no reason to spend that much into str to equip gear. By the time you get a Goetia, you should have more charms to be able to easily afford to equip higher str armors without spending every one of your stats into str.
bageren
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Thanks. In your guide you listed
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
+3 to All Skills
+5 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(201 to 250)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 to Life
Replenish Life +1000
+1000 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

as the lategame armor. It requires 614 strength, and the gauntlets I have found require 574, so I might as well get that extra defense, right? Or am I missing something?


Until you get Goetia, there's no reason to spend that much into str to equip gear. By the time you get a Goetia, you should have more charms to be able to easily afford to equip higher str armors without spending every one of your stats into str.


But if we assume I am wearing Goetia right now and I am about to craft some new gloves, i might as well use gauntlets right?
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5191 | 171
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
bageren wrote:
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Thanks. In your guide you listed
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
+3 to All Skills
+5 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(201 to 250)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 to Life
Replenish Life +1000
+1000 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

as the lategame armor. It requires 614 strength, and the gauntlets I have found require 574, so I might as well get that extra defense, right? Or am I missing something?


Until you get Goetia, there's no reason to spend that much into str to equip gear. By the time you get a Goetia, you should have more charms to be able to easily afford to equip higher str armors without spending every one of your stats into str.


But if we assume I am wearing Goetia right now and I am about to craft some new gloves, i might as well use gauntlets right?


If you really want to. Doesn't really matter if you've already got the armor.
bageren
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:
L H wrote:
bageren wrote:Thanks. In your guide you listed
Goetia Plate
Goetia Plate
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7580-8361) to (9196-10143)
Required Strength: 614
Required Level: 100
+3 to All Skills
+5 to Maximum Necromancer Minions
+(201 to 250)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+(101 to 150)% Bonus to Summoned Minion Damage
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+1000 to Life
Replenish Life +1000
+1000 to Mana
-4 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)

as the lategame armor. It requires 614 strength, and the gauntlets I have found require 574, so I might as well get that extra defense, right? Or am I missing something?


Until you get Goetia, there's no reason to spend that much into str to equip gear. By the time you get a Goetia, you should have more charms to be able to easily afford to equip higher str armors without spending every one of your stats into str.


But if we assume I am wearing Goetia right now and I am about to craft some new gloves, i might as well use gauntlets right?


If you really want to. Doesn't really matter if you've already got the armor.


I just thought if you're wearing Goetia why not use Gauntlets to craft since their strength requirements can be lower than Goetia's and they give you the most defense. But if I understand what you're saying, that extra defense is not going to matter at all, so might as well use gloves with lower strength requirements?
soundee
Invader
8 | 0
managed to do D Baal deathless but in a cheesy way. totems and minions were just meatshields and didn't do any damage tbh. tp to town and heal to save time resummoning. 16 points into graveyard (for 3 punishers) with some investment into -poison res one shots the act boss spawns if the punisher actually hits. seems to only hit on certain angles on some of the act bosses (andariel being the worst offender of this). ~20-30 min fight, could definitely be faster with heavier investment into poison (esp. poison skill duration because baal dodges a lot of punishers with his teleports)

1 point funeral pyre seemed to do a bit of work on the minions of destruction but walking around to find the right punisher angle usually worked faster unless there were a ton spawned (which is a mistake in itself)

edit: just respec to xbow if you have good enough gear tbh, 5 min fight with RC/widowmaker/graveyard