Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
@notforkeeps

Nn to give me props bro (but ty anyway :) ). Many ppl gave good feedback that helped me rework the build for M2017, and if it weren't for the attention Melee Sorc got from the devs this patch, she'd still be stuck at Holydin-tier (well, maybe not that bad). And ty for posting videos. I always did like the Fire/Ice spec w/Adamantine Guard and it's good to see ppl trying specs/gear not listed in the guide.

Also protip, all your buffs/summons will be stronger if you summon your Familiar first, then go outside town to buff/summon.
Arbatel
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:Armor
Pentacle
Pentacle
Gambeson (Sacred)

Defense: (6091 - 6852) to (6492 - 7303)
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 486
Item Level: 1
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 25-50 Damage
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 50) to all Attributes
Physical Resist 10%
(21 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)

The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)
- Sorc Skills, flat damage, %CB, flat attributes, %DR
Crafted Ceremonial Armor (Abandoned Shrine) with %ED, +Sorc Skills, Life Regen, and Summon Acid Fiends.
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
(Nih) - %CB, +%STR, %DR

I just found Pentacle, but am currently wielding a crafted +2%CtB spiked shield (still rolling for 10%DR). Is Pentacle good enough until Hellfire Plate / Dervish of Aranoch or is a crafted Ceremonial Armor or Erawan superior to Pentacle?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Arbatel wrote:I just found Pentacle, but am currently wielding a crafted +2%CtB spiked shield (still rolling for 10%DR). Is Pentacle good enough until Hellfire Plate / Dervish of Aranoch or is a crafted Ceremonial Armor or Erawan superior to Pentacle?

Pentacle is definitely better than Erawan. You lose some base defense and 5% DR at most, but you gain more damage, more TCD, and the ability to socket it with p-amethysts/Io Runes/p-res gems. As for Pentacle vs. Craft, it depends on how good your Craft is. You'll just have to equip them both and compare damage, defense, and CtB. If you don't have Crafted armor, then just use Pentacle. Crafting is a pain and there's no need to waste time on it if you don't need to.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time

What do you think about this gloves? Currenlty I'm using these ones

► Show Spoiler

MO'ed with FHR and TCD. I like the dmg roll and reanimates and low str req, but skills and burning veil proc sound promising too
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Necroglycerin wrote:
► Show Spoiler

What do you think about this gloves? Currenlty I'm using these ones

► Show Spoiler

MO'ed with FHR and TCD. I like the dmg roll and reanimates and low str req, but skills and burning veil proc sound promising too

Either is fine for where you're at, but I'd use the ones in the second picture personally. Min dmg, higher defense, much more %DEX/DEX, a reanimate just for funsies, and as you said a lower STR req. +Skills isn't a huge deal overall and Burning Veil doesn't proc often enough to be worth it IMO. If you get to a point to where you kill fast enough that Burning Veil procs regularly, then you damage is already high enough that you really don't need it in the first place.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
second ones are blessed and have 4 Io-Runes, was probably a little stupid to upload the screens like this, first ones gonna get more %dex but less flat dex. Right now I also think I keep the bot ones, just because I love the yetis
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
lol oops. That one's on me for not looking at the pics close enough.

I think I'd still go with the second pair. The total DEX difference between the two is probably marginal, and there's really no need to micromanage this early on. Plus, an extra meatshield will serve you better than Burning Veil, IMO.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
hi, i'm playing batsin atm and i've been following this guide since melee sorc and melee batsin aren't very far apart in crafting and jewels. i have a problem with crafting jewels, it's really hard to get specific stats since I can't spend 8 hrs just to get 2 or 3 nice jewels that match the 2% dex and + to life. any recommendations for slightly weaker replacements?

thanks!
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
annoying cat wrote:hi, i'm playing batsin atm and i've been following this guide since melee sorc and melee batsin aren't very far apart in crafting and jewels. i have a problem with crafting jewels, it's really hard to get specific stats since I can't spend 8 hrs just to get 2 or 3 nice jewels that match the 2% dex and + to life. any recommendations for slightly weaker replacements?

thanks!

If we're just talking about sockets, imo your best bet is IO Runes for +5% dex. You could try to craft some +hp jewels but having +2% dex with that makes the entire process twice as hard. Tho crafting has the plus side of having some base affixes depending on what rune you craft it with. But if you're not into that then I would suggest just using IO Runes or P Amethysts for %dex.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
ScarletEdge wrote:
annoying cat wrote:hi, i'm playing batsin atm and i've been following this guide since melee sorc and melee batsin aren't very far apart in crafting and jewels. i have a problem with crafting jewels, it's really hard to get specific stats since I can't spend 8 hrs just to get 2 or 3 nice jewels that match the 2% dex and + to life. any recommendations for slightly weaker replacements?

thanks!

If we're just talking about sockets, imo your best bet is IO Runes for +5% dex. You could try to craft some +hp jewels but having +2% dex with that makes the entire process twice as hard. Tho crafting has the plus side of having some base affixes depending on what rune you craft it with. But if you're not into that then I would suggest just using IO Runes or P Amethysts for %dex.

yes were talking about sockets. i was thinking about taking those 1% dex and +hp cuz they usually have +res, fhr, ias, etc on top of leech, laek, etc they come more often.