Melee Sorceress [1.3]

annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
more + to all skills, just short of the max. my prob right is how to get more avoid, dodge, etc from items that aren't from
The Mysteries
The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)

Cauldron
Pentacle
Sacred Circle
Witchblade

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+50 to Dexterity

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+21 to Spiral Dance
Physical Resist 10%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+100 Damage
+4 to Ward of Fate
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +100%
+4000 Defense
5% Chance to Avoid Damage

just for the effin necrobots! at least i can randomly 2 shot necrobots from stormblast by MO it with EWD orbs until cap.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
More base points into Warp Armor is your only option for more Avoid while using the Set. Probably the easiest thing you can do for Fauzt wuithout rebuilding your Sorc as a proc-based setup or using -ELR gear to boost Stormblast is just to outfit an Abjurer or Bloodmage with some crafts and let them deal with Necrobots.

As for Familiars, most of the primary skills for this build are boosted almost entirely by base points, so all you'll basically get from more points into Familiar are marginal increases to Warp Armor's TCD bonus and summon life/damage. Unless you're using the +Skills to boost an oskill, you're better off leaving Familiar at 1 point and using those skill points elsewhere.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
Solfege wrote:More base points into Warp Armor is your only option for more Avoid while using the Set. Probably the easiest thing you can do for Fauzt wuithout rebuilding your Sorc as a proc-based setup or using -ELR gear to boost Stormblast is just to outfit an Abjurer or Bloodmage with some crafts and let them deal with Necrobots.

As for Familiars, most of the primary skills for this build are boosted almost entirely by base points, so all you'll basically get from more points into Familiar are marginal increases to Warp Armor's TCD bonus and summon life/damage. Unless you're using the +Skills to boost an oskill, you're better off leaving Familiar at 1 point and using those skill points elsewhere.

oh..got it. i'll respec to this setup when situation calls for it. thanks!
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
First off, thanks for the awesome guide, this is the first character that I have beaten the Black Road Challenge.

I got lucky and found a Witchblade, right now I have Erawan and Truce runewords, t6 legendaries and honorific gloves, the Witchblade was a massive upgrade to the t6 Warped Blade that I was using, but should I still finish crafting a Khany to use until I find more set pieces?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
snowman41 wrote:First off, thanks for the awesome guide, this is the first character that I have beaten the Black Road Challenge.

I got lucky and found a Witchblade, right now I have Erawan and Truce runewords, t6 legendaries and honorific gloves, the Witchblade was a massive upgrade to the t6 Warped Blade that I was using, but should I still finish crafting a Khany to use until I find more set pieces?

Yes, still make Khany and keep it in either your inventory, stash, or on-switch. It'll be your backup weapon for the rest of the game. Stormblast is a better single-target skill than any Sorc melee skill (sadly).
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Solfege wrote:
Yes, still make Khany and keep it in either your inventory, stash, or on-switch. It'll be your backup weapon for the rest of the game. Stormblast is a better single-target skill than any Sorc melee skill (sadly).

Alright, Ill get to the jewelcrafting then. I'll use Khany for finishing up the easy uberquests, before I get the set bonus's?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
snowman41 wrote:Alright, Ill get to the jewelcrafting then. I'll use Khany for finishing up the easy uberquests, before I get the set bonus's?

Yeah. Just use Witchblade and Bladestorm as your main, then switch to Khany and Stormblast for some Uber bosses (e.g. Azmodan, Terul, Astrogha, Al'Diabalos, and some Uldy stages). Stormblast is also funny to use during Assault on Mount Arreat. It's attack speed with the Diablo morph is hilariously fast.
snowman41
Jungle Hunter
27 | 1
Alright, I have a couple super quick questions.

First off, when creating Moon Symbols in the Horadric Cube, you have to individually drag and drop each Symbol to your belt/inventory, there is no keyboard shortcut? Like how you can shift click potions from your inventory to your belt?

Secondly, do you bother with gearing the merc and if so what do you give him? I generally avoid using merc b/c I die too often, but I feel like want him for farming tran athulua/harder uber levels.
Mehasto
Balrog
123 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Shift + click is your friend :)
GregMXL
Team Member
10590 | 180
Legendary Posting Badge
Posted over 10.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Special Badge
Legend.
snowman41 wrote:Alright, I have a couple super quick questions.

First off, when creating Moon Symbols in the Horadric Cube, you have to individually drag and drop each Symbol to your belt/inventory, there is no keyboard shortcut? Like how you can shift click potions from your inventory to your belt?

Secondly, do you bother with gearing the merc and if so what do you give him? I generally avoid using merc b/c I die too often, but I feel like want him for farming tran athulua/harder uber levels.

Don't care much about mercs but can say that if you use a bloodmage with an item that has some sort of teleport when struck mod on it then he doesn't really die too much. Not sure about other mercs but there's plenty of info if you search for mercs in the search box.
I don't mean to dwell...but I can't help myself.