Melee Sorceress [1.3]

keithioapc
Invader
8 | 0
I managed to beat Quov Tsin. Step one was becoming immune to most of his attacks, and step two was realizing that he also has a slow moving bone spear he uses when he get hits that is a instantkill. To get immune, I crafted the zod runeword armor, used mystic orb jewelry loaded up with resist and damage reduction, made a stone shrine crafted belt, equipped event horizon (SU buckler), 450 res all 90 max resists and 10 sorb all from upgraded crystalline focus medallion. His attacks other than the instantkill slow moving bone spear healed me. So I respecced to max fusillade (less than max might be better, but I only had 1 in it initially and that's no good), ran up to him, used it, run away from bone spears, repeat. I was a bit sad that I didn't beat him by whacking him in melee, but oh well.
dutos
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I did a little less for quov. Got maxed res but not 450 stacked and about 120 flat dmg reduced (a base 30 ammy and full MO on the all the jewelry) and used a fire/light spec for life regen mostly. 1pt fusillade for a larger seek range and between cb and open wounds, it took about 20 min to kill him. A bit cheaper but takes longer I'm sure

Just run out from wherever you are hiding and cast fusillade. Stay in sight of quov so it shoots him and then run and hide again. I had one setback where I died 5 times getting my corpse but other than that, not that bad
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
keithioapc wrote:I managed to beat Quov Tsin. Step one was becoming immune to most of his attacks, and step two was realizing that he also has a slow moving bone spear he uses when he get hits that is a instantkill. To get immune, I crafted the zod runeword armor, used mystic orb jewelry loaded up with resist and damage reduction, made a stone shrine crafted belt, equipped event horizon (SU buckler), 450 res all 90 max resists and 10 sorb all from upgraded crystalline focus medallion. His attacks other than the instantkill slow moving bone spear healed me. So I respecced to max fusillade (less than max might be better, but I only had 1 in it initially and that's no good), ran up to him, used it, run away from bone spears, repeat. I was a bit sad that I didn't beat him by whacking him in melee, but oh well.

Not sure that stacked resists are necessary with Quov now b/c not sure that he pierces res anymore (haven't really done much testing with him yet to be sure). The absorb from upped CFM should be enough with 90% F/C/L res. IMO, maxed Fusillade doesn't offer enough benefits to justify the extra skill points needed. There's only a 4 second cooldown difference between 9 and 23 points, and only a roughly 25% increase in the number of blades--which can be easily increased with soft points from +skills gear.
Aslaii
Prowler
19 | 0
The Cathedral Of Vanity is really frustrating. I can't even last 10 seconds in the totem. lol

btw, what is the max FHR you can have?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Aslaii wrote:The Cathedral Of Vanity is really frustrating. I can't even last 10 seconds in the totem. lol

btw, what is the max FHR you can have?

IDK breakpoints yet. Having trouble getting new SpeedCalc to work with Linux. Would be cool if someone wanted to check them for me. ;)

CoV strat should be up to date now. Basically, trap all the Nuns in the little room near the entrance -> Blink over the wall -> hide behind the alter until Totem's deathbeam stops -> hit Totem with Moonstrike, then Fusillade, then Bladestorm. It should die before it can fire again. Next, kill everything else. Finally, it's gl hf dodging Inarius' Guard Towers.
melissana
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think i doo something wrong, my single dmg is so low. I try farm DesDiablo but kill him its take so long. And TA or Kurast3k its also too hard, i hit the wall right now. My gear : RW-- xar in wep, nih in armour amd on in shield. Rest gear : Royal Circle, Deadman`s hand, Toesie Warmer, Deadfall T6. and some crappy amu/ring
► Show Spoiler
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
adssssss wrote:I think i doo something wrong, my single dmg is so low. I try farm DesDiablo but kill him its take so long. And TA or Kurast3k its also too hard, i hit the wall right now. My gear : RW-- xar in wep, nih in armour amd on in shield. Rest gear : Royal Circle, Deadman`s hand, Toesie Warmer, Deadfall T6. and some crappy amu/ring
► Show Spoiler

Sorc is gear-dependant, and you need better (or at least different) gear. Some thoughts...

*D-Diablo is not a good farming choice for Melee Sorc. You don't have high enough burst damage to kill him in 1 or 2 shots and Flamestrike/Bloodstorm are too dangerous for you to tank him. For D-TA, you probably need more defense. K3KBA is more about having high resists and using summons to distract melee/archer skellies so you can kill the Totems--then kill all skeletons.
*Your DEX is low. Until you've eaten more sigs and gotten more Charms, you ought to be using Abandon-Crafted+Creepy-Blessed DEX gear (Warp Blade, Sorc body armor, Spiked Shield) before considering other STR-based SU gear.
*RWs are just a temp fix to help you farm for Abandoned and Creepy Shrines. Farm Shrines in T-Fauzt and T-K3KBA. Look for Sacred Rare items in T-Uberlevels and T-Worldstone Keep. Or just farm T-Cows for Sacred base items and use Charsi's Imbue to make them Rare.
Toesie Warmer
is a terrible choice for boots on a Melee Sorc. IDK why so many ppl tell other ppl to use them. You're better off sticking with T6
Lionpaw
Lionpaw
Chain Boots (4)

Defense: (49 - 54) to (71 - 78)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 29
Item Level: 10
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(18 to 29)% Enhanced Defense
+(7 to 10) to all Attributes
+(31 to 50) to Life
+(16 to 25) to Mana
(3 to 5)% Bonus to Defense
10% Gold Find
Socketed (1)
Defense: (203 - 218) to (267 - 288)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 58
Item Level: 31
+(41 to 52)% Enhanced Defense
+(15 to 18) to all Attributes
+(71 to 90) to Life
+(36 to 45) to Mana
(9 to 11)% Bonus to Defense
15% Gold Find
Socketed (2)
Defense: (519 - 554) to (667 - 712)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 202
Item Level: 51
+(64 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(23 to 26) to all Attributes
+(111 to 130) to Life
+(56 to 65) to Mana
(15 to 17)% Bonus to Defense
20% Gold Find
Socketed (3)
Defense: (759 - 807) to (974 - 1036)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 403
Item Level: 77
+(75 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
+(31 to 35) to all Attributes
+(131 to 150) to Life
+(66 to 75) to Mana
(18 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
25% Gold Find
Socketed (4)
until you can make good crafted boots (the ones actually labelled "Boots") for now.
Deadman's Hand
also isn't a good gear choice. A good pair of crafted Leather Gloves can give you the same, or better, bonuses without the extra STR requirement.
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
is good. Keep that.

For comparison, last time I played, I was finishing up A1 Destruction using the Lightning/Ice spec, Crafted Warp Blade/Sorc armor/Spiked Shield, and TU Heavy Gloves/Heavy Belt/Chain Boots. My defense was 372k, 95% CtH (92% vs. Elites), 29% CtB, 24% CB, 2.3k-4.6k damage with Moonstrike, and 1.2k-2.3k damage with Bladestorm.
jollestroger
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I'm playing melee sorc with rune word "shattered stone" in warp blade.
Don't have any room for jewel.
After 2/3 of the run I have to stop and repair weapon.
That cost me 540 000....
That's insane!!
I have to stop all the time and pick up rare/magic armor and sell to vendor wich makes me a slow farmer.

How do you guys handle this build??
Majhin
Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
one word, indestructible
jollestroger
Sasquatch
66 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Majhin wrote:one word, indestructible

Sure but the runeword "shattered Stone" takes all the slots. Is the any other way then jewels?