Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Ntf1015
Gravedigger
183 | 0
Just out of curiosity, which rune should we use for our crafted jewels? Im thinking Nih for life on attack, but am I wrong in this decision? Thanks in advance.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Nih is fine, but I prefer Ber. Neither one will offer a lot of sustain, but since Baneblade already gives plenty of LoA, the LL/ML from Ber Runes will give you a bit more versatility in your leeching options, allowing you to leech off enemies around you while you're tanking a tougher enemy. Plus, Ber-crafts will add some sustain to Fusillade.
TwoGenders
Destroyer
7 | 0
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Starhawk and fusillade kills the Black Road great golems fast and easy. Only died to the magic guy due to his lightning.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@TwoGenders
Yeah, I think that's always been the way to do it. Glad to hear it still works.

@Everyone
It's taken a lot longer than I wanted, but I'll finally start posting guide updates in the next few days. Major changes have been made. Here's the situation so far:

Overview
Fusillade's damage boost is nice, and the conversion of Force Blast from a cone to a nova was a major step up. The boosts to Vengeful Power and Living Flame have made them more attractive passive options than they used to be, so this new build version will showcase how they can work in practice.

Build
This will still be a Fusillade+Bladestorm build, but the spec will change to Poison/Fire. I initially considered using 2 specs at different stages, but I've written a guide like that before, and all it did was confuse people. So this will use a Poison/Fire spec from the start.

Using this spec will require more tact early on and more skill-switching later on, but it's aggressive playstyle and higher damage potential emanates so much masculinity that it's guaranteed to turn growers into showers. It's survivability is also surprisingly good in places I never expected it to be (e.g. Toraja). The downside is, you'll have less summons to tank and/or distract enemies. But Blade Spirits will still be tanky enough, and cheap enough, to do their job. Mana will aslo be an issue, but that will be corrected for with specific gear choices. Speaking of which...

Gear
Gear choices will generally remain the same, but some minor tweaks will be made to Early-Game TUs just because I felt like it. Some low-level RW options will also be added to make life easier before loading up on TUs. Mid-Game gear will be tweaked slightly to offset the high Mana cost this build incurs. I'll also add a cheap and effective gear set as an alternative to the Melee Sorc Set, for those like me who find collecting the full Set too tedious.

Conclusion
I'm still not happy about Frost Armor (mostly because it meant more work for me having to rewrite this fekkin guide), but I'm fairly satisfied with this reworked version of the build. Change is inevitable, and adaptability is necessary for survival.
dongflexer
Bone Archer
77 | 8
from the Khany nerf, but still as relevant. Thanks for not giving up on her Solfege

Solfege wrote:Conclusion:
I know a lot of this sounds doom-and-gloom, but it'll be fine. Melee Sorc has survived tougher times. She'll survive this.
MoreOliveOil
Imp
5 | 1
With the new buffs and changes to Kabraxis, do you think he's even possible anymore as a Melee Sorc --- or any Melee Builds rather?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@dongflexer
Thanks. It's always nice to hear your work is appreciated. **

@MoreOliveOil
I do. He's still on my to-do list, but I've tried him at different stages in my playthrough (I'm definitely pushing him futher back on the Uber progression list).

Here's what I've got so far:

The 2 most important things now are dodging his Balefire and not dying. Let him Pounce on you, then immediately cast Firedance and retreat. The circle will serve as the border for the arena. Staying close to the edge of it will keep you close enough that he won't Pounce or use Flamestrike, but still far enough away from his Whirlpool-like attack. Move back and forth to dodge his Balefire, then get just close enough to Fusillade him before rushing back to the edge of the fire circle. Drink a Healing pot if you get hit by a Punisher and eat a moon cookie if you're hit by Balefire. Use Shadow Selves to activate Moonstrike if you feel you need it. Toggling "Always Run" can help with dodging Balefire, too. TP to town if you run low on healing items and reenter the Black Road through the portal in the Chaos Sanctuary.

You'll want high damage for this, because you'll want to do as much damage as possible, as fast as possible, just in case you die. I'm not sure if you'll need the full "Ultimate" gear set yet. I'm gonna try it with my Alt Gear and the Melee Sorc Set, but I'm not sure how effective the Set will be. Though the change log doesn't say it, I thought I read Kabraxis is immune to CB now, which may be a problem for Set users.
MoreOliveOil
Imp
5 | 1
@Solfege

Thanks for the reply, I was needing a little insight on this since I was having a lot of trouble with Kabraxis using your recommended Poison / Lightning Build. I do have most of the gear recommended in the "Ultimate Setup" minus body armor and rings but he's still causing me a ton of despair :hammer: I'll try your suggestion instead and see how it goes~
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
MoreOliveOil wrote:.

Here's a quick video demo of what I'm talking about, in case it helps. (Ignore the background. I forgot to hide it.)

MoreOliveOil
Imp
5 | 1
Ooof, thanks~ that helps a lot actually. For a second there, I thought that was "The Forest" in the background.