Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lazeruz wrote:So i notice the beginning/early game you have a small rundown saying do poison/fire or poison/light but then everything else is tailored to light/cold? so this being said, is light/cold still the GG build or is it just outdated? im guessing its still GG for clvl120 because it was updated in april. Thanks!!! im lvl 110 and poison/light its been a breeze so far, but i can see it possibly having issues later. Thanks!

The April update only applies to the "Quick Note for 1.3 Players" section (I made some minor tweaks to the alt specs on that date). Nothing in the main guide has been updated yet.

The Lightning/Cold spec will be replaced, but I won't start posting updates to the actual guide until I get most of the 1.3 rewrite done. That said, the gear selections and most Uber strats listed in the current guide are generally still applicable for both Poison/Fire and Poison/Lightning.
sorocco
Destroyer
6 | 0
Is poison fire tankier than the alternatives? I'm not very geared and basically just hit 120 but I've had a lot more success with not falling on my face with that spec. Just wondering what the best spec for suvivability is since I'm having trouble with that atm but it's most likely because of my gear which is beyond awful
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I've had good luck with Poison/Fire so far. I think I'm at A5 Destruction with that spec. And iirc, the only place I had trouble was Khalimgrad because of those damn Punishers. What's your current gear?
sorocco
Destroyer
6 | 0
Still a lot of T6, no luck with farming for set pieces Warped blade, rare rings with +1 skills and res, auriel's halo, tu ceremonial armor, lionpaw boots, truce belt, honorific gloves, banner of duncraig and angel heart. I was wondering if grace RW was better than warped blade damage wise without a sacred base since I have not be able to find 1, I tried it and it felt significantly worse. Was also thinking that blade spirits were better to put points in instead of Hive, I'm not sure about that and was also wondering about your input on that. Overall, my gear is pretty garbo so if the reason i'm dying a lot is because of it I'd understand
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nah, most of what you have now will easily carry you though Destruction and early Ubers; you just need a few important upgrades before you begin. And you don't have to worry about farming for the Set until the end of Mid-Game.

First, focus on getting a base Sacred Warp Blade for
Grace
(try farming T-Cows, A5 Terror Worldstone areas, or even the "town" area of Terror Duncraig. Use your merc to help). Even in a Sacred base, it's damage isn't great compared to a fully-orbed TU Warp Blade (and it'll be terrible in a T6 Warp Blade), but you're mostly using it for the 10% Avoid to help with Ubers. Once you get your base prepped, orb the base with 5x ED, make the RW, then orb it with 3x LoA and 2x MoA.

Second, make
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
in the highest grade Sacred Sorc Body Armor base you can find. Sacred Ceremonial Armor is best, but anything higher than a Sacred Kazarghand will work. Your Armor Class Defense won't be great with a Poison/Fire spec, so the extra %DR will help make up for that.

Third, make sure your RW gear is socketed with enough IAS jewels to hit the 5 fpa IAS breakpoint. After that, focus on AR jewels (rerolled Magic jewels work fine). The faster attack speed will help make up for the lower damage. Plus, the faster you can attack, the more effective LoA will be.

The rest of your gear will be fine.

As for your Blade Spirits, you can put as many points into them as you like. I prefer between 5 and 8 points with Poison/Fire. They're tanky enough to do their job as distractions, but still cheap enough to resummon fairly often if needed. Any more than 8 points and they start to cost a little too much Mana. Make sure you have sufficient +Summoned Minion Res to help keep them alive.

Also, make sure you're using Fusillade all the time. It's a huge source of damage.
sorocco
Destroyer
6 | 0
Thanks for all the help
tun4o
Fallen
1 | 0
I wanna ask how do you deal with solo mana leeching im having problem keeping any of my mana when im fighting a solo mob or boss or whatever i just go oom in like 10 secs of attacking considering my fusillade costs like 800-900 if i wanna debuff aswell with Force blast its a pain is there a way around it to not go oom so fast? mid game gear Full set and some nice other stuff aswell i have all Ber crafted jewels but solo fighting makes me go oom not having any problem in packs or 2-3 mobs ?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
OK, I've been doing some testing and it looks like a
Teganze Pendant
Teganze Pendant
Amulet

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 70
+1 to All Skills
+10% to Fire Spell Damage
+10% to Lightning Spell Damage
+10% to Cold Spell Damage
Maximum Life +(3 to 5)%
Maximum Mana +(20 to 30)%
Elemental Resists +10%
+(13 to 38) Mana after each Kill
is enough to take care of your general Mana needs. It will even allow you to use Force Blast and Firedance fairly regularly as long as you're able to kill things after using them. You may still have Mana problems during a few boss fights, so orb it with Mana Regen (h/t Hecht for this suggestion) and carry some Mana pots with you.

After you equip Teganze Pendant, if your survivability is fine with all those crafted jewels you're using, then you can keep using them. Otherwise, swap some of them out for Perfect Amethysts/Io Runes to increase your damage and CtB.

*Post edited and updated with a more concise solution.
Edited by Solfege 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
What a bout mana reg on rings?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Sure. As a supplement, Mana Regen orbs can certainly help. Having enough MO space may be a problem with Mid-Game Rare jewelry though, b/c Res and Minion Res will be a higher priority. But for End-Game Empys, you can certainly swap out Flat Defense for Mana Regen.