Melee Sorceress [1.3]

phenox1707
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Solfege wrote:
phenox1707 wrote:Hey, I'm having some trouble with early mid-game.currently wearing set sword and chest, chalice of horrors shield, and the rest is the tu's recommended. Having difficulty farming k3k on terror, still dying fairly often in terror tran, and destruction of either is undoable without insane death count. I have a good portion of early game charms, most transferred from a previous 120. Any advice?

Well, the Set pieces aren't that great on their own (you need at least 3 before the %DR bonus kicks in, for example). It's recommended you wait to swap out your gear until you have the full Set.

Chalice of Horrors
isn't doing you any good either unless you're building a proc-based setup. In which case, you'll want a completely different gear set and skillplan than the one listed in the guide. For this setup, you're focused on Physical and Magic damage.

I'd recommend using
Khany
as your weapon (in a Sacred base),
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
as your body armor (in a Sacred base),
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
as your belt (in a T6 base if the STR req is too high for a Sacred), T6 Honorific gloves, and the rest TUs. That setup will easily take you through all of Mid-Game and Terror farming. If you have lots of Abandoned Shrines lying around, you can craft some gloves and boots for more DEX, and a Spiked Shield with up to 2% CtB and 10% DR until you get the whole Set.

Also, make sure you're keeping Moonstrike active and using Fusillade liberally when farming. Stormblast will tear through Uber bosses and Force Blast makes you practically invincible to Physical damage for as long as it lasts.

Hm. Alright. I'll give those a shot. Making them shouldn't be too hard, not sure how many abandoned's I have but I'll check. Thanks for the advice!
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
trial of fear completed, cubed the cc but it's not displaying that its completed on the charm, got the butcher's tooth. got the trial of greed though.

thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
annoying cat wrote:trial of fear completed, cubed the cc but it's not displaying that its completed on the charm, got the butcher's tooth. got the trial of greed though.

thanks

Sounds like you're trying to do BRC in Destruction. BRC needs to be done in Terror (except Trial of Greed; that can be done anywhere at any time).
phenox1707
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
After finally getting a sacred warp blade this morning, I have finally made your suggested fear and intend on testing later tonight! :)
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
Solfege wrote:
annoying cat wrote:trial of fear completed, cubed the cc but it's not displaying that its completed on the charm, got the butcher's tooth. got the trial of greed though.

thanks

Sounds like you're trying to do BRC in Destruction. BRC needs to be done in Terror (except Trial of Greed; that can be done anywhere at any time).

oh.. i thought that was dest only. :shock:

*edit* i hvaen't read the uberquests part of the guide lately since i'm crafting warp blade. balefire or hammertime?
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Updates:
- End-Game gear section reworked.
- Acronyms and Terminology section had to be removed (sadly, not enough room).
- Other minor tweaks/corrections.
- Updated strats for the following Ubers:
-- World Nexus.
-- All stages for Nephalem's Sacrifice.
-- Uldy fight now has a proper strat.

The guide should now be fully up-to-date (finally).

Edit:
annoying cat wrote:i hvaen't read the uberquests part of the guide lately since i'm crafting warp blade. balefire or hammertime?

Just saw your edit. Either one is fine. I prefer Balefire b/c it can deal with stuff like Necrobots without having to switch to Khany, but it's side-effects can sometimes be a nuisance.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
thanks. just tested both procs after posting that question. balefire is faster than hammertime if i ignore the side effects. looks like i'm replacing probably half of my sockets later.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
i'm struggling with the effects of balefire even though i replaced almost all of my sockets with on kill jools. so i tried flamefront since i had fusillade maxed out for TA farming. procs a lot when i'm kiting mobs and i think it also works well with bladestorm and wraithstrike in triggering procs imo, but still not as fast. should i get pollice verso gauntlets or any of your suggestions. thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
annoying cat wrote:i'm struggling with the effects of balefire even though i replaced almost all of my sockets with on kill jools. so i tried flamefront since i had fusillade maxed out for TA farming. procs a lot when i'm kiting mobs and i think it also works well with bladestorm and wraithstrike in triggering procs imo, but still not as fast. should i get pollice verso gauntlets or any of your suggestions. thanks

Pollice Verso
Pollice Verso
Gauntlets (4)

Defense: (48 - 54) to (90 - 102)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength:
Item Level: 19
4% Chance to cast level 3 Time Strike when Attacked
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(7 to 10) to Strength
+(6 to 10) Life after each Kill
+(6 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -8%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (216 - 239) to (333 - 369)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength:
Item Level: 36
8% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike when Attacked
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(12 to 16) to Strength
+(16 to 20) Life after each Kill
+(21 to 28) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -16%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (583 - 635) to (854 - 930)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength:
Item Level: 59
12% Chance to cast level 7 Time Strike when Attacked
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
+(18 to 24) to Strength
+(26 to 30) Life after each Kill
+(36 to 43) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -24%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (875 - 946) to (1274 - 1378)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength:
Item Level: 85
14% Chance to cast level 8 Time Strike when Attacked
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
+(25 to 30) to Strength
+(31 to 35) Life after each Kill
+(43 to 50) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -32%
Socketed (4)
isn't really very useful for this build. LoA and LL are far more versatile than LaeK. Since Baneblade gives plenty of LoA, I recommend LL jewels in all RWs to add some diversity (the exception being Khany; use LoA jewels for that).

Also, you don't need to max Fusillade. With 26 points, Fusillade's duration lasts as long as the CD timer (5 seconds), which means you can have Fusillade always active, with proper timing.

Flamefront proc certainly has potential if you get some +FSD/-EFR gear. I've found it quite useful for Fauzt in the past. It would be easier for me to suggest gear options if I knew where you were in your playthrough and what other gear you're using.
annoying cat
Monkey King
278 | 1
approaching end game gears, crafted leather gloves and sash with easy charms. no great runes yet. doing TA trophy runs and K3K for set items. i went back to hammertime cuz my on kill leech is too low for me to sustain under balefire.