Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ZealotofDeath wrote:Got another question about crafting your own weapon.
Is 200% ed the max you can get out of a crafted weapon including using orbs? Because whatever I get out of crafting, using ed MO always caps at 200% which is definitely a lot less than using the runeword
Khany

Thx for the help!

Yes. 200% ED will be max, but you can go beyond that with Ith and Jah Runes.

Khany may show higher LCS damage, but don't forget it's factoring in the added flat Lightning damage, too. And since monsters have higher Elemental resists than Physical resists, that Lightning damage will be weaker than if it were Physical without decent -ELR.

Since your %Physical damage modifiers will be in the thousands, it's important to get high ED+Max Damage rolls on a craft (Warp Blades can get as much as +270 Max Damage, whereas Khany tops out around +60). You also have more room on a craft for DS orbs, plus sockets for Rainbow Stones or Jah Runes.
Demonik
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Can someone explain what the fuck happens in this fight?
https://youtu.be/SEyOXnjOmFE
I seem to be taking damage and knockbacks out of nowhere, some random oneshots (I didn't even capture worst ones on the video), boss standing doing nothing with no animations, but I'm still taking hits from something, dodging abilities and still getting hit by, teleporting over nova and getting oneshot, some rapid hitting invisible shit. I did most other fights in the game, except Laz (don't have gear without procs for it yet, but seems doable, just very random), Void (haven't found explanation what to do with 2nd boss after 1st one is dead and I don't want to waste tons of time without understanding fight) and Samael (I have everything needed to craft key except pulsating worldstone shard, so I can't even try it) and most other fights were relatively easy, but this just seems impossible. And why is this fight listed as very hard when it's clearly a lot more bullshit than all other "very hard" uber quests and harder than Laz and Uldyssian.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Best I can tell from the video:
Death 1 = killed by Origin of Symmetry (deals high damage)
Death 2 = killed by Origin of Symmetry (Witch used it off-screen before immediately teleporting to you, leaving you stuck between it and her.)
Death 3 = killed by Nexus Nova (consider it a 1-shot attack)
Death 4 = This was the only one that looked like you were killed by an invisible attack. Possibly desync due to a combination of Witch spamming Origin of Symmetry and you using DA to avoid it.
Death 5 = killed by Wall of Fate (deals low damage, but deals it rapidly if you get stuck in it. It also knocks you back a litle, kinda like Force Wall.)
Death 6 = killed by Wall of Fate

Looks like you're getting hit-locked regularly, especially by Wall of Fate, and sometimes get stuck between it and the map border. Do you have enough FHR?

For Void boss fight, iirc you have to get both Rathma and Mendeln to kill each other within 30 seconds of one another to do the upgrade. Beyond that, I can't give advice on how to do it because I never do Void.
Demonik
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Solfege wrote:Best I can tell from the video:
Death 1 = killed by Origin of Symmetry (deals high damage)
Death 2 = killed by Origin of Symmetry (Witch used it off-screen before immediately teleporting to you, leaving you stuck between it and her.)
Death 3 = killed by Nexus Nova (consider it a 1-shot attack)
Death 4 = This was the only one that looked like you were killed by an invisible attack. Possibly desync due to a combination of Witch spamming Origin of Symmetry and you using DA to avoid it.
Death 5 = killed by Wall of Fate (deals low damage, but deals it rapidly if you get stuck in it. It also knocks you back a litle, kinda like Force Wall.)
Death 6 = killed by Wall of Fate

Looks like you're getting hit-locked regularly, especially by Wall of Fate, and sometimes get stuck between it and the map border. Do you have enough FHR?

As I said I didn't manage to capture most bullshit deaths because I started recording only last few minutes. I tried it multiple times with different variations, this time I decided to try to get every slow I can with slows target, force blast, chronofield and miasma, but didn't help. This time I also avoided summoning anything, even familiar, because it seemed to make fight much harder. Best time I went until around 60%, went to get something to drink and when I returned she had full hp. I'm constantly getting hit by nova when I teleport past it (just did capture it on this video, it's random), constantly getting her stuck with 0 animations, but still doing some invisible attacks (didn't capture it on video), getting hit by her abilities even though I dodged them on my screen, getting knocked back by invisible walls. Is there a way to avoid desync and getting locked in her wall spam in that fight?

Solfege wrote:For Void boss fight, iirc you have to get both Rathma and Mendeln to kill each other within 30 seconds of one another to do the upgrade. Beyond that, I can't give advice on how to do it because I never do Void.

But how do I get the dead one to kill the one alive is what I can't figure out (-:
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Yeah, probably a lot of desync then. Idk how to avoid it since getting randomly killed by invisible attacks happens in SP too (and not just with this Uber), but I'd think you're more likely to experience it on Realm. If you're playing TSW, I guess the best you can do is make sure you're playing on the best server that's closest to you.

There's not a lot you can do about Wall of Fate if you get sandwiched in a corner and DA is on CD. Only thing I can think of is hitting at least the 4 fpa FHR bp (109 FHR) and seeing if that helps.

If AR isn't an issue, you could also try Quiet-crafting some gear for more Life. It's never been clear to me if Magic Resist helps with Witch or not, but maybe some Magic Resist gear or Enchanted-crafts could help.

Since you're using Wyrd, I'm guessing you don't have Dementia belt for Fowl Fight. You're losing R/W speed b/c no Baneblade, so FR/W could help you dodge her attacks so you don't have to use DA as much. Less DA may also help with desync.

And not sure what spec you're using, but Fire/Lightning may help with survivability. Extra Avoid from Warp Armor and high regen from Living Flame.

With the healing thing, iirc enemies in D2 heal to full if they don't take any damage over a certain period of time. Don't remember how long, but was thinking it was 20 min. Seems faster if you're waiting in town, though. But could be wrong on that.

I wish I had better advice to give, but tbh, Witch is one of the 4 Ubers I'm absolutely dogshit at doing.
Demonik
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Solfege wrote:Yeah, probably a lot of desync then. Idk how to avoid it since getting randomly killed by invisible attacks happens in SP too (and not just with this Uber), but I'd think you're more likely to experience it on Realm. If you're playing TSW, I guess the best you can do is make sure you're playing on the best server that's closest to you.

There's not a lot you can do about Wall of Fate if you get sandwiched in a corner and DA is on CD. Only thing I can think of is hitting at least the 4 fpa FHR bp (109 FHR) and seeing if that helps.

If AR isn't an issue, you could also try Quiet-crafting some gear for more Life. It's never been clear to me if Magic Resist helps with Witch or not, but maybe some Magic Resist gear or Enchanted-crafts could help.

Since you're using Wyrd, I'm guessing you don't have Dementia belt for Fowl Fight. You're losing R/W speed b/c no Baneblade, so FR/W could help you dodge her attacks so you don't have to use DA as much. Less DA may also help with desync.

And not sure what spec you're using, but Fire/Lightning may help with survivability. Extra Avoid from Warp Armor and high regen from Living Flame.

Pretty sure I had 109 FHR on some of the setups I tried. Pretty sure all my cycles except one are perfect cycles of speed (that's the only ones that drop for me, other than minus light radius ones). I think I have 187k AR with current setup. I already picked two game servers with best ping (5 and 17), when I checked I had around 75ms. No I don't have Dementia (I can craft almost any runeword though if some might help, I have couple xis runes and all great runes). I'll try magic resist and more life if I can force myself to try that boss again, I'm getting tired of mxl boss design and mxl community. Thanks for help.

edit: Also it does seem that switching to 2nd weapon drops slow from boss, because most of my slow comes from Void RW in main weapon. So when I have to teleport I lose slow and using Jitan's Gate is not an option to say the least thanks to amazing shared CD mechanics.
ZealotofDeath
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Has there been any news on the
Cauldron
Cauldron
Large Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (3474 - 4342) to (3904 - 4880)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 423
Item Level: 1
+150% Bonus to Miasma Haunt Duration
10% Chance to cast level 25 Spike Nova when Attacked
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Block Speed
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
Socketed (4)

The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)
issue with 4 instead of 6 sockets? Just found it and it still only has 4 :/
And it has a perfect ED roll...so 6 sockets would be awesome...^^
Demonik
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Wait, it's supposed to have 6? LOL
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
ZealotofDeath wrote:Has there been any news on the
Cauldron
Cauldron
Large Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (3474 - 4342) to (3904 - 4880)
Chance to Block: 1% + Class%
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 423
Item Level: 1
+150% Bonus to Miasma Haunt Duration
10% Chance to cast level 25 Spike Nova when Attacked
+1 to Sorceress Skill Levels
1% Base Block Chance
35% Block Speed
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
Socketed (4)

The Mysteries
(Sorceress Melee Set)
issue with 4 instead of 6 sockets? Just found it and it still only has 4 :/
And it has a perfect ED roll...so 6 sockets would be awesome...^^

Where are you getting the idea that it should have 6 sockets? I think it's just a typo on the docs.

The only shields with 6 sockets are Special shields, Setzschild and Assassin shields.
Edited by Helzopro 5 years.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@Demonik
It sounds like you've already tried pretty much everything I can think of right now. As I said, I wish I had better advice to give you. Witch is just one of those Ubers that's a tedious, frustrating pita. And the fact that it's a Purify Uber makes it worse. Fwiw, I don't think there are many players who look forward to doing it. I certainly don't. I'll play around and see if I can come up with something.

I'm really hoping for some major content reworks after Sigma's initial release to make Uberquests more dynamic and less about cheap instagibs, RNG, and standing around waiting for something to happen. At least they've already fixed the shared CD timers thing.

@ZealotofDeath
I haven't heard anything, so I'm just assuming it's a Docs/Item Tag error and the shield is supposed to have 4 sockets instead of 6. I've found 3 this patch, and they've all had 4 sockets.