Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
dinhtung80
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Hi!
Have u tried melee sorc with orb yet?
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
880 | 123
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dinhtung80 wrote:Hi!
Have u tried melee sorc with orb yet?


Not really. Haven't had much time to play recently. Orbs generally have too low damage to make them effective for WDM builds throughout most of the game, but a proc-based setup might be possible. I did find
Galeona's Lash
Galeona's Lash
Jared's Stone (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (189-240) to (312-399)
Required Dexterity: 242
Required Level: 100
(Sorceress Only)
Current Dexterity Damage Bonus: (51/256 Per Dexterity)%
Firedance Grants 1% Deadly Strike Per Base Level
40% Chance to cast level 1 Ancients' Hand on Melee Attack
-1% Decreased Chance of Blocking
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Adds (85 to 120)-(201 to 270) damage
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(5000 to 10000) Defense
Socketed (3)

about 3-4 weeks ago. Tried it; seems decent. But again, haven't had much time to theorycraft a build around it.
dinhtung80
Acid Prince
45 | 1
Thanks! Crystal sword would be better.
That orb is decent though.
User avatar
Ikafati
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Lv50, yet to get any of the TUs I want from Meph (besides Gift Box ones at the start)

Overall, seems like a fun character so far
User avatar
Aero
Talic
6599 | 226
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Ikafati wrote:Lv50, yet to get any of the TUs I want from Meph (besides Gift Box ones at the start)

Overall, seems like a fun character so far


You can make TU's with the unique creation recipe in the docs
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
880 | 123
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ikafati wrote:Lv50, yet to get any of the TUs I want from Meph (besides Gift Box ones at the start)

Overall, seems like a fun character so far


You're not necessarily farming Meph for the TUs you need. You're farming him for ACs to make what you need and upgrade what you have. The possibility of actually finding what you're looking for is just a side benefit.

And if you haven't done it already, drop everything and do the Level Challenge 1 now before you hit clvl 51.
User avatar
Ikafati
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Solfege wrote:
You're not necessarily farming Meph for the TUs you need. You're farming him for ACs to make what you need and upgrade what you have. The possibility of actually finding what you're looking for is just a side benefit.

And if you haven't done it already, drop everything and do the Level Challenge 1 now before you hit clvl 51.


Yeah, completed it already (wandered around the island for a good few minutes before I noticed TA was moved to an area to the south from the island). Now just thinking whether I should continue playing this in SP or wait for a few days and restart this char on 1.2
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
880 | 123
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ikafati wrote:Yeah, completed it already (wandered around the island for a good few minutes before I noticed TA was moved to an area to the south from the island). Now just thinking whether I should continue playing this in SP or wait for a few days and restart this char on 1.2


Sounds like 1.2 is still "a few weeks" away, fwiw.
User avatar
Ikafati
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Solfege wrote:
Sounds like 1.2 is still "a few weeks" away, fwiw.

Oh, I mixed it PoE's 3.1 release, guess I'll keep playing this then, try to finally reach the "endgame" endgame, since I gave up on my past chars after tackling some medium ubers
Majsgaard
Skeleton
2 | 0
RUNEWORDS
KHANY: Stormblast oskill replaced with lightning damage

quote from 1.2 version log

Do you still use
Khany
Khany
Sorceress Crystal Swords

'On'
Runeword Level: 100
5% Chance to cast level 29 Shuriken Flurry on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Sorceress Skill Levels
50% Increased Attack Speed
50% Faster Cast Rate
+(115 to 143)% Enhanced Damage
+(0.5 per level) to Maximum Damage (Based on Character Level)
Adds 1-750 lightning damage
+(16 to 20)% to Spell Damage
Total Character Defense plus 5%
even though Stormblast is gone?