Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Gfresh
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
well, solfege, if you're ever interested, feel free to add/msg me on TSW, my acct name is *gunit

I normally don't use fire tree. I've found for my playstyle that warp armor & nova charge > living armor & firedance.
You're on the right track though, I think. we'd be building an unholy melee sorc. All points go into life regen skills and passives/buffs. It'd be interesting to make a few honorifics and see how effective having like +800 life regen really is. see if elemental pierce and dmg buff items affect oskills, and probably max out either blades or ice elementals depending how the build goes. I think you're right about fire tree being important with the huge buff from living flame though regardless.

*edit* well shit if witchblood doesn't increase oskill dmg then I don't really know.... things keep getting more and more useless.
does miasma stack slows with chrono?

*post edit edit* I'm pretty sure fate is mocking me... I made a melee sorc this season because My holy melee paladin was so goddamn boring and lifeless, yet, here I am, considering how to make my sorc into a paladin!
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I was mostly thinking Fire tree just to pair with Witch Blood to help keep Life above 90%. But that's irrelevant now. Spell Damage from Firedance would increase the damage of these oskills, but if you can get enough SD and Ele pierce from gear, then you probably wouldn't need Firedance. Really, your Elemental tree combo would only be for survivability, so you may as well use whichever combo you're most comfortable with and suits your playstyle.

Replenish Life MOs are criminally under-appreciated, IMO. I use them on squishy melee Assassins during early-game. When paired with a little LL/LoA, it makes them nearly invincible while leveling. Using them for this Unholy Melee Sorc build though...IDK. Replenish Life +800 would be about 78 Life per second. It isn't much, but if paired with enough sustain from other sources, it could make a difference. It just depends on whether or not Replenish Life orbs are worth the MO space.

And yes, Chronofield's slow and Miasma's slow do stack.

Also...
► meme may be relevant
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You have updated the guide, seems interesting, already bored of my barb. Always played melee sorc with light/ice, poison/fire would be a nice change.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
If you decide to try it, feel free to post feedback or criticisms. It plays differently than the old build, so I'm interested in knowing if people like the new playstyle or if they prefer the old playstyle.
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
This is a really nice sorc :)
We have been playing with Mike on realm, he went fully as per guide, I went fire/ltn and now psn/ltn and both are fine. For now using set, have most charms till hard.
Crafted some jewels hp ll or dex.

Now my stats are 225k Def, 22% avoid, around 47%block, 51%dr. I really enjoy that.

In terms of the future I plan to Craft warp blade double deadly strike ed max would be Perfect, but also unlikely to roll I so will use CB shines as well. Mo deadly strike. Another Idea is jahs in set weapon or earth runes. Or in the Above Craft. Unlikely to use RWs. Deadly strike could be around 15%in theory. Then body armors up to 10%. Otherwise would need to go full dmg but since ed is capped on weapon at 200% this leaves not many choices to add with mo's. Max dmg. Cb ds.
Overall i want to go High Def, 50% block 50%dr and some avoid and as much dmg as possible. Hard to get more avoid really without sacrificing other stats.

Any ideas in terms of damage? Any phys res debuffs we can have? (like bane).
Edit:
Bane:
Frozen hearr ssu armor
Xorine's Cane su staff/would rather need to be on switch so not super useful

Any source of cheap reanimates that you maybe use? Like in Ta i could run on p3 but at Times i was tanking a loooot of arrows.

Any tips towards melee sorc as cow runner? SoR on belt and zakarum jewels thats one, but else? :) I guess she will be worse than java/bows here anyway?

Spec wise I've added points to wrathsword but this was not really worth, skill is okay but 20 points gave like 10-50 bonus phys, ofc not bad when you multiply by 1000% ed but considering more multi hit from the other skill it is not super useful.

Could as well dump points in summons :)
Edited by thedarkbobo 5 years.
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Yeah. This build is fun. With basic set it's fun and not to squishy once you got the max Dr and block which isn't to bad to obtain.

I am going shark xis. Just hitting damn 121 is boring ha
thedarkbobo
Jungle Hunter
27 | 0
Ye shark looks ok, proc looks solid.. guess you can craft similarly strong blade and put earth/jahs :) and buff with shamanka or amn orb on switch.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
@thedarkbobo
I really get the feeling people dig Poison/Lightning. They seem to like the extra feeling of security the Lightning tree offers.

Regarding your post:

Damage
Melee Sorcs can't really deal tons of damage consistently. A Sorc's melee skills aren't that great and Sorcs in general are at the bottom when it comes to itemization. They have access to fewer items than other classes, and they can't really get very many good procs, oskills, etc. So you're kinda stuck with just stacking shittons of Phys damage multipliers (EWD, +%Phys Damage, etc.) from gear and skills such as Baneblade, Moonstrike, and Firedance. After that, start stacking flat Phys damage and DS. Even as little as 10% DS will make a noticable difference, especially with Fusillade.

Ofc, CB is another option, but TBH, I'm not much of a fan of it anymore. It seems more and more enemies are gaining resistance/immunity to it with each new patch. Not saying it's useless, but I prefer DS if given the option.

Something else you can do is temporarily equip items such as
Drekavac
and
Venefica
Venefica
Sorceress Body Armors

'GhalShael'
Runeword Level: 100
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(120 to 130)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
+15 Spell Focus
0.5% to Poison Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Attacker Flees after Striking (21 to 25)%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Requirements -20%
to increase your Max Skill Levels and put more points into Baneblade. When you swap back to your main gear, you'll keep the skill bonuses.

Debuffs
The only Phys res debuffs I know of that a Sorc has access to are Bane and Chronofield. I personally don't like Bane b/c it's a pain to use (have to target a minion, and I suck at targeting stuff). But if that's no problem for you, it can make for an interesting mechanic. But again, you need minions to use it.

Reanimates
There's a lot of stuff out there with reanimates, but nothing I can think of off the top of my head that's cheap and easy to get besides Hidden-crafts.
Hibagon
could be an option if you're not using Akarat's Trek. But it still needs a Qor Rune, which means having to spend time in Fauzt. *bleh*

I think you're better off boosting your own summons than looking for reanimate gear, unless you want to specifically build a reanimator (in which case, a different build would probably be better).

Cows (and farming in general)
IMO, Melee Sorc is only an average farmer, regardless of build. So it won't be a great cow killer either, especially when compared to Amazon. I see Melee Sorcs more as Median's “jack of all trades.” Ofc, the other half of that saying is “master of none.”

Lots of people do love SoR, but I'm not a fan of on-kill procs that have a delayed trigger. By the time it procs, everything in the area is already dead anyway, so what was the point, ya know? Better to just use Fusillade every 5 seconds.

Wraithsword
I don't see a reason to put more than 1 point into Wraithsword. It's never been clear to me whether Phys damage multipliers even boost Wraithsword's flat damage (I've asked, but never received a response). And the extra Mana cost doesn't help either. Maybe LCS just doesn't display the multiplied damage from skill-based flat damage like it does for item-based flat damage. But without knowing for sure, I'd say you're better off using points elsewhere.

@Mike
Shark (Xis)
was surprisingly good last time I tried it. And when paired with
Akarat's Crucifix
, you're basically buffed with Bloodlust 100% of the time (so nn for Shamanka). I was worried about not having MO space for DS and losing sockets to jewels. But iirc, I didn't even notice.
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Yeah. This is what I am going for. Just got 1 rune stone left to find and make it.ofc I need that lvlingto 121
Engersion
Sasquatch
65 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Regarding crafting:
Is it important to craft the Warp Blade with an Abandoned shrine? I'm thinking about Weird shrine or Intimidating since we seem to have an abundance of attack rating and dexterity compared to deadly strike or just flat weapon damage.

Also, what do you think about chance to cast Flamefront on striking versus Balefire on melee attack? I just got one for my sorc and it seems a pretty solid option when you consider it can be triggered by the projectiles from fusillade.