Bi-Polar Blade: A Fire/Ice Melee Sorc

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Seekers
Heretic
433 | 18
Astro frozen orb is his meele skill, staying on top of him means instant death.
You should probs just put respec to tstone.

And I see this is a SP-Only guide for ubers, so you should probably put that in to evade the barrage of "why r der tempel spiers in bremmertown bad guied downvoted".

Anyways cookied.
Stealthmaster
The Countess
4501 | 152
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Seekers wrote:why r der tempel spiers in bremmertown bad guied downvoted"

Who said that temple spires will returen in Bremmtown the next ladder. Nobody knows for sure.

to OP: Nice pics, btw. Have you thought about making the text w/o spoilers? Pics save the situation, but still it looks a bit empty. :)
kissofaries
Mangler
452 | 6
btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)
ChuckNoRis
Horadric Mage
1015 | 22
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kissofaries wrote:btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)
there are many viable skillplan and gearing options to build a melee sorceress . this obviously does not use poison tree (not that poison is bad , but it's what the guide poster tought that would suit his build best , fire-cold) .
Solfege
Azure Drake
174 | 35
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
void wrote:/e: IAS: 39/80/180 (Warp Blade) i think you forgot to factor the wsm from the weapon itself when you (i assume) checked the bps in the speedcalc, warp blade got a really good wsm

I can't get SpeedCalc to work with OpenJDK, so the breakpoints listed were what I could piece together from info I gathered while digging through the forums/comments. If anyone has updated Breakpoints, I'd gladly update that section and give credit.

void wrote:ok i read it all, i dont remember anything thats missing, but i would be interested in your source for where you found that adamantine guard oskill warp armor boosts minions as well

TBH, I have no direct evidence this is the case, but two things lead me to think it is so: 1. when my Sorc wears it--her summons almost never die (unless it's to high elemental damage); 2. enough people, who I believed at the time to be knowledgeable about the game, told me this was the case. If anyone can definitively confirm this, I'd appreciate it.

Seekers wrote:Astro frozen orb is his meele skill, staying on top of him means instant death.

Thanks for pointing that out. It looks like I copy/pasted the strat from my first set of notes rather than the updated one. Will fix shortly.

kissofairies wrote:btw have you tried poison passive? It give you 10% DR and 25% max life for free (no need to get struck)

I did try Poison early on for those very reasons, but I just couldn't justify staying with it since I could still get good (for a Sorc) max life with the Living Flame/Snow Queen combo, plus access to Firedance (if Fire tree) and Ice Elementals (if Ice tree). And as for %DR, I could just get that from gear if I needed it. It just seemed like a waste to lock out other, potentially more useful, skills just to put 1 point in Vengeful Power. I haven't tried Poison recently, tho, so I think I'll look at it again.

Stealthmaster wrote:to OP: Nice pics, btw. Have you thought about making the text w/o spoilers? Pics save the situation, but still it looks a bit empty.

Yeah, my first draft was spoiler-tag-free, but it just looked so messy and took so damn long to scroll through. I wanted to format it in a way that looked clean and made specific sections easy to find without having to comb through walls of text, and spoiler tags was the best thing I could come up with. If anyone has formatting advice, I'd certainly appreciate it.
Pinball
King of Forum Games
5755 | 63
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
What effect you used for those banners? It looks cool.
Prime_Evil
Void Archon
899 | 79
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Pinball wrote:What effect you used for those banners? It looks cool.

Looks like shoop's Emboss filter.
Solfege
Azure Drake
174 | 35
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge

It's a combination of color adjusment, various filter effects, and image resizing at the right stage in the process. A surprising number of people have mentioned the banners; maybe I'll write a tutorial guide on how I made them. :lol:
Stealthmaster
The Countess
4501 | 152
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod

Look same as what I used in my necro guide:

► Show Spoiler
Jampula
Core Lord
368 | 11
Solfege wrote:I can't get SpeedCalc to work with OpenJDK, so the breakpoints listed were what I could piece together from info I gathered while digging through the forums/comments. If anyone has updated Breakpoints, I'd gladly update that section and give credit.

Well Warp Blade has a huge -60 WSM, so there is only one breakpoint:
14 IAS needed to hit max speed of 5 frames.