Melee Sorceress [1.1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
void
Polar Worm
1856 | 68
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
^ this is true, and for crystal sword, it has 0 wsm so you need the full 180ias for last bp. i know because i did brother laz with it since warp blade has aoe which is too risky with totems so close by
User avatar
Solfege
Ice Clan
584 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Jampula wrote:
Solfege wrote:I can't get SpeedCalc to work with OpenJDK, so the breakpoints listed were what I could piece together from info I gathered while digging through the forums/comments. If anyone has updated Breakpoints, I'd gladly update that section and give credit.

Well Warp Blade has a huge -60 WSM, so there is only one breakpoint:
14 IAS needed to hit max speed of 5 frames.


void wrote:^ this is true, and for crystal sword, it has 0 wsm so you need the full 180ias for last bp. i know because i did brother laz with it since warp blade has aoe which is too risky with totems so close by


Ty both. Updated and credited.
Xplosive
Stygian Watcher
40 | 4
I have just starting playing Median (again). I think you can add to early/mid gear lazyman style elemental damage items like Jitan's and Auriel's Halo. Also the only point where Wall of Fire beats Banner of Duncraig would be if you have few signets/low clearspeed for Fauztinville terror.

Random TU warp blade+full crushing blows MO+rainbow gems + Banner of Duncraig Fortress proc can even kill that fgt Akarat trough his heals and anything. That guy gave me cancer in 1.z9 when i was playing melee with bladestorm because of stupid magic immunity.

I think I will try the Xar rw weapon and see if it's really as good as people say but i'm gonna go lazystyle with free dmg from gear in elemental form. After doing the math elemental dmg gear gives ~800%-3000% of your weapon dmg not counting you can lower resists of stuff making killing act bosses faster(not that it matters after you get enough crushing blows).

Off-topic. Where is that profile picture coming from? I can't stop but think of old times of Lineage 2 films and Elf and Humans art :D

Also I think Grace rw (+skills,+stats, lots of speeds, lots of min dmg and 10% avoid) is a good mention for midgame gear.
User avatar
Solfege
Ice Clan
584 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Xplosive wrote:I have just starting playing Median (again). I think you can add to early/mid gear lazyman style elemental damage items like Jitan's and Auriel's Halo. Also the only point where Wall of Fire beats Banner of Duncraig would be if you have few signets/low clearspeed for Fauztinville terror.

Random TU warp blade+full crushing blows MO+rainbow gems + Banner of Duncraig Fortress proc can even kill that fgt Akarat trough his heals and anything. That guy gave me cancer in 1.z9 when i was playing melee with bladestorm because of stupid magic immunity.

I think I will try the Xar rw weapon and see if it's really as good as people say but i'm gonna go lazystyle with free dmg from gear in elemental form. After doing the math elemental dmg gear gives ~800%-3000% of your weapon dmg not counting you can lower resists of stuff making killing act bosses faster(not that it matters after you get enough crushing blows).

Off-topic. Where is that profile picture coming from? I can't stop but think of old times of Lineage 2 films and Elf and Humans art :D

Also I think Grace rw (+skills,+stats, lots of speeds, lots of min dmg and 10% avoid) is a good mention for midgame gear.


Yeah, the first draft of this had all kinds of gear options and strategies, but there's a limit to how much can fit in one post, so I just listed some common choices that worked well with the spec to make it as newbie friendly as possible.

As far as Banner of Duncraig goes, it's a great shield early on, but by the time you respec to Fire/Ice, you're gonna need the extra %ED, %TCD, and %FBR bonuses it gives, and a 40% STR bonus is gonna go a lot farther in the long run than Banner's flat STR bonus for helping you wear heavier crafted gear. As for Grace, it's a nice choice, but for this setup, I don't think it beats Gehenna. What I really want to find is a viable end-game alternative to Starhawk.
Edited by Solfege 10 months.
User avatar
Solfege
Ice Clan
584 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Challenges, Minigames, Crafting, and Gameplay Tips sections added.
User avatar
Jampula
Onyx Knight
600 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Solfege wrote:What I really want to find is a viable end-game alternative to Starhawk.

How about a crafted Warp Blade with Balefire proc, add some Miasma (Or Crucify, whatever you need) MO to it and you have decent alternative? And a medicore one is not a pain in the ass to craft as Balefire is pretty common affix.
A crappy tiered rare one took me through Destruction last time I played melee sorc.
User avatar
Pinball
✸ The Punisher ✸
6218 | 85
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Or a crafted Warp Blade with ATMG would be good I think.
User avatar
L H
Lachdanan
5538 | 195
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Pinball wrote:Or a crafted Warp Blade with ATMG would be good I think.


I think Starhawk is the reason why ATMG proc wouldn't be so great. You lose all the extra massive amounts of ele damage that would make ATMG on kill pretty effective. If you remove Starhawk, then ATMG isn't so good anymore, especially if you don't kill fast enough for it to proc often and assist you.

I still like Spike Nova on kill :D

Shower of Rocks on kill could be useful too since you're always in melee range. It would help debuff anything near.
User avatar
Solfege
Ice Clan
584 | 74
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Added a link to a short demo vid in the Introduction. Not sure about the quality, though. As always, any advice is appreciated.

inb4 gg low lvl n00b kys
koka86
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'm going to try this build in this season ^^