Cultist
23 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
zod crafti jewel ? and %ED mo ?
franckyj
Skeleton
2 | 0
i'm started to use abandoned shrines on the sacred wrap blade i found. it's really difficult to know if i should continue crafting or using the one i just crafted!

i got this one

and i'm wondering if the +5 to all skills make up for the fact that the roll doesn't have any %ED and the DEXs are kind of week.

also, is t-cows a good spot to farm in terror?

thanks
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
franckyj wrote:i'm started to use abandoned shrines on the sacred wrap blade i found. it's really difficult to know if i should continue crafting or using the one i just crafted!

i got this one

► Show Spoiler

and i'm wondering if the +5 to all skills make up for the fact that the roll doesn't have any %ED and the DEXs are kind of week.

also, is t-cows a good spot to farm in terror?

thanks

Keep crafting. ED and Flat damage are more important than +skills. The high damage multiplier from Moonstrike will boost even a tiny bit of extra damage by quite a bit. +Skills is mostly just for increasing minion life and Warp Armor's TCD bonus.

Here's the example I gave in a previous post of the craft I used. It wasn't great, but it worked well enough.
► Show Spoiler

As far as farming, it just depends on what you're looking for. T-Cows is fine if you're still looking for Sacred base gear. But since you already have a Sacred Rare Warp Blade, the only real farming you'd need to do in Terror is for Shrines. K3KBA is probably your best bet for those since Fauzt may still be too tough.
Benvolio708
Imp
5 | 0
Love the guide so far, started a melee sorc awhile back and came back to her in 2017. This part confuses me though.

Solfege wrote:Fire/Lightning
Moonstrike, Warp Armor, Baneblade – SMax
Snow Queen – 25 points
Fusillade – 9 points
Familiar, Wraithsword, Bladestorm, Ice Elementals, Symbol of Esu – 1 point
Blade Spirits – All remaining points

Basic Playstyle:
Summon army. Buff with Baneblade, Nova Charge, and Moonstrike. Use Bladestorm for general questing, Wraithsword for Magic immunes, and Fusillade for supplemental damage or for enemies that aren't easy to tank. Use Blade Spirits to tank and Firedance to buff during tough fights for added damage.

I know this is a work in progress, but I'm assuming Snow queen and ice elementals aren't part of the fire/lightning build.

I actually respecced into Fire/Ice at first cause I skipped the heading. Just switched to fire/lightning and must say I can feel the difference. It just feels much tankier.

This is the build I went with, not sure if it's what you would recommend though:

Fire/Lightning
Moonstrike, Warp Armor, Baneblade, Living Flame – SMax
Fusillade – 9 points
Familiar, Wraithsword, Bladestorm, Symbol of Esu – 1 point

I'm also curious as to why 9 points in fussilade? I'm not a huge fan of the skill in general, but the worst part is the spell lockout from using bonfire. I always feel like it's better to use bonfire first, then by the time fussillade is usable most things are dead or I've moved on. I guess there really is no viable alternative in the fire/lightning spec though.

For reference, I've completed most of the easier ubers and some of the medium ones (like tran and jitan). This build is a lot of fun for me, thanks again for the guide.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Benvolio708 wrote:Love the guide so far, started a melee sorc awhile back and came back to her in 2017. This part confuses me though.

Solfege wrote:Fire/Lightning
Moonstrike, Warp Armor, Baneblade – SMax
Snow Queen – 25 points
Fusillade – 9 points
Familiar, Wraithsword, Bladestorm, Ice Elementals, Symbol of Esu – 1 point

Basic Playstyle:
Summon army. Buff with Baneblade, Nova Charge, and Moonstrike. Use Bladestorm for general questing, Wraithsword for Magic immunes, and Fusillade for supplemental damage or for enemies that aren't easy to tank. Use Blade Spirits to tank and Firedance to buff during tough fights for added damage.

I know this is a work in progress, but I'm assuming Snow queen and ice elementals aren't part of the fire/lightning build.

I actually respecced into Fire/Ice at first cause I skipped the heading. Just switched to fire/lightning and must say I can feel the difference. It just feels much tankier.

This is the build I went with, not sure if it's what you would recommend though:

Fire/Lightning
Moonstrike, Warp Armor, Baneblade, Living Flame – SMax
Fusillade – 9 points
Familiar, Wraithsword, Bladestorm, Symbol of Esu – 1 point

I'm also curious as to why 9 points in fussilade? I'm not a huge fan of the skill in general, but the worst part is the spell lockout from using bonfire. I always feel like it's better to use bonfire first, then by the time fussillade is usable most things are dead or I've moved on. I guess there really is no viable alternative in the fire/lightning spec though.

For reference, I've completed most of the easier ubers and some of the medium ones (like tran and jitan). This build is a lot of fun for me, thanks again for the guide.

Fak. The second spec you listed is correct. Good catch. Ty. Fixed. And sorry about the confusion.

Yeah, the fact that one skill's cooldown still locks out all other timered skills sucks monkey balls. Whist said it's not a thing in Sigma--which is nice--but that doesn't help us now. So for general suff and most of the easier Ubers, Firedance is the way to go. But in later Ubers such as Xazax, Yshari, and Uldyssian, you really start to see just how amazing Fusillade is now and wonder how you ever managed as a Melee Sorc without it--at least, I did.

There are other end-game viable alternatives to Fire/Lightning (my old XVI Melee Sorc guide used a Fire/Ice spec, for example). Fire/Lightning is just the easiest to play, IMO. Since I rewrote this to be a "beginner's guide," that's what I went with.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
So far I've completed all uberquests as melee sorc (wdm to be more precise). No twinking, cheating or using a caster spec. She still sucks for the former heroic shield bosses and some purify bosses too, but it's actually doable now and that's a really good thing about MXL 2017.
@Solfege if you want some tips or details you can ask me in PM, I will gladly help you if you wish.
SlugInfinite
Cultist
22 | 0
So I feel like I definitely hit a brick wall on terror farming and need to move on to Destruction. I got a couple of the charms, I'm having a really tough time with Azmodan though, I'm hoping it's just because I'm still using Early-Mid game gear set. R/W warp blade, body armor, and shield, + crafted diadem.

Wheres the easiest place in Destruction to farm so I can start finding my end-game gear at? I made it to A5 (IIDK how because at the time I was using all early game gear, lol). Any info is appreciated :).
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
SlugInfinite wrote:So I feel like I definitely hit a brick wall on terror farming and need to move on to Destruction. I got a couple of the charms, I'm having a really tough time with Azmodan though, I'm hoping it's just because I'm still using Early-Mid game gear set. R/W warp blade, body armor, and shield, + crafted diadem.

Wheres the easiest place in Destruction to farm so I can start finding my end-game gear at? I made it to A5 (IIDK how because at the time I was using all early game gear, lol). Any info is appreciated :).

If you're using
Khany
and
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
, then your weapon and body armor are probably fine for now. But it also means getting that +2% CtB/10% DR Crafted Spiked Shield should be your highest priority. Full 10% DR isn't crucial right now (you will want some though), but that extra CtB will really help. Even if you don't have Abandoned Shrines specifically, try to make the best one you can with what you've got. Obviously, you'll get a much higher overall CtB if you use Abandoned Shrines (and thus, better survivability), but every little bit helps. When properly crafted, that shield will be your end-game shield.

Also, how's your Charm situation? Do you have all the Charms+Upgrades listed prior to Azmodan? If not, try to get them first.

As for other end-game gear, you can actually get by pretty cheap. Aside from some specialized SUs you'll use only for specific Ubers, the only SUs to get are
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
and
Akarat's Trek
Akarat's Trek
Light Plated Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1960 - 2352) to (2170 - 2604)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
2% Chance to cast level 30 Hammertime on Melee Attack
2% Chance to cast level 30 Thunder Wave on Melee Attack
2% Chance to cast level 30 Thunder Hammer Nova on Melee Attack
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(15 to 20) to Charged Strike
Weapon Physical Damage +(60 to 90)%
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes
+10 to Light Radius
Socketed (4)
, both of which can be found practically anywhere (or traded for/bought cheaply if playing on Realm). The rest is just Abandoned-crafts, 2 Toraja RWs, and one Elemental RW.
xstormfirex
Sasquatch
67 | 6
I win laz with melee sorcerer :p
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Great Love Badge