Melee Sorceress [1.1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Solfege
Djinn
549 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
iamq1803 wrote:Hi guys!
I would like to farm for better gears.
Is Destruction TA a good place to find some strong amulets, rings (was using
Ring of Truth
Ring of Truth
Ring

Required Level: 20
15% Faster Hit Recovery
25% Faster Block Rate
(31 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
Total Character Defense Plus (11 to 15)%
Slows Attacker by (3 to 5)%
+2 to Light Radius

with MO :( I've recently switched to Empyrean Band) and jewels? Or Destruction Cow Level or somewhere else?


Terror/Destruction Fauztinville is best for farming rings/amulets. Vizjun is supposed to have a jewel drop bias, but Fauztinville is good enough for farming those, too. It's only worth farming Cows for base items, IMO.
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
I don't understand your Breakpoints section. Could you plz explain? for example, 6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM), what does it mean?
Btw, I currently have 63% Chance to Block, gonna increase it by the end game.
User avatar
Solfege
Djinn
549 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
iamq1803 wrote:I don't understand your Breakpoints section. Could you plz explain? for example, 6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM), what does it mean?
Btw, I currently have 63% Chance to Block, gonna increase it by the end game.


Those numbers indicate how much Increased Attack Speed you need to reach a specific Breakpoint. For example: 6% IAS will let you attack at 8 frames per animation, 23% IAS will let you attack at 7 fpa, and so on until you reach the highest BP. The lower the fpa, the faster your character will do a particular thing. The WSM value just indicates a weapon's base attack speed. The higher the number, the slower the weapon.
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
Solfege wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:I don't understand your Breakpoints section. Could you plz explain? for example, 6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM), what does it mean?
Btw, I currently have 63% Chance to Block, gonna increase it by the end game.


Those numbers indicate how much Increased Attack Speed you need to reach a specific Breakpoint. For example: 6% IAS will let you attack at 8 frames per animation, 23% IAS will let you attack at 7 fpa, and so on until you reach the highest BP. The lower the fpa, the faster your character will do a particular thing. The WSM value just indicates a weapon's base attack speed. The higher the number, the slower the weapon.


So that means 129% could be the max BP for IAS, right?
What happen if I surpass those rate? Is that good or bad?
User avatar
Solfege
Djinn
549 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
iamq1803 wrote:
Solfege wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:I don't understand your Breakpoints section. Could you plz explain? for example, 6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM), what does it mean?
Btw, I currently have 63% Chance to Block, gonna increase it by the end game.


Those numbers indicate how much Increased Attack Speed you need to reach a specific Breakpoint. For example: 6% IAS will let you attack at 8 frames per animation, 23% IAS will let you attack at 7 fpa, and so on until you reach the highest BP. The lower the fpa, the faster your character will do a particular thing. The WSM value just indicates a weapon's base attack speed. The higher the number, the slower the weapon.


So that means 129% could be the max BP for IAS, right?
What happen if I surpass those rate? Is that good or bad?


Yes. 129% IAS will get you to the fastest attack speed possible for a Warp Blade. Nothing happens if you have more IAS because there are no more BPs for a Sorc after that. 5 fpa is the max.
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
Solfege wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:
Solfege wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:I don't understand your Breakpoints section. Could you plz explain? for example, 6/23/56/129 (5 fpa) - Warp Blade (-10 WSM), what does it mean?
Btw, I currently have 63% Chance to Block, gonna increase it by the end game.


Those numbers indicate how much Increased Attack Speed you need to reach a specific Breakpoint. For example: 6% IAS will let you attack at 8 frames per animation, 23% IAS will let you attack at 7 fpa, and so on until you reach the highest BP. The lower the fpa, the faster your character will do a particular thing. The WSM value just indicates a weapon's base attack speed. The higher the number, the slower the weapon.


So that means 129% could be the max BP for IAS, right?
What happen if I surpass those rate? Is that good or bad?


Yes. 129% IAS will get you to the fastest attack speed possible for a Warp Blade. Nothing happens if you have more IAS because there are no more BPs for a Sorc after that. 5 fpa is the max.


Oh, I thought the more IAS the better. I have over 250% IAS now.
I guess I should focus more on FBR and FHR instead.
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
As for crafting, I don't know how to make required level low, any tips plz? Or it entirely depends on luck?
User avatar
L H
The Summoner
5152 | 170
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
iamq1803 wrote:As for crafting, I don't know how to make required level low, any tips plz? Or it entirely depends on luck?


rare sacred item + rare ring + rare amulet = rare sacred item with low ilvl
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
L H wrote:
iamq1803 wrote:As for crafting, I don't know how to make required level low, any tips plz? Or it entirely depends on luck?


rare sacred item + rare ring + rare amulet = rare sacred item with low ilvl

Thanks! Then cube it with shrines and done, right? Are there any other step I need to pay attention to?
User avatar
iamq1803
Cog
228 | 4
Hi guys! Which body armor should I pick to craft for melee Sorc? Ancient armor or Ceremonial armor? I'm looking for some nice bonuses for my char.