Melee Sorceress [1.3]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
866 | 117
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crema wrote:Well, been using this build and went from normal to terror a3 very fast. but now i kinda hit a wall. the magic immune mobs in a3/a4 are HORRIBLE to deal with, even with wraithsword. Honestly feels like im taking longer for a3+a4 than for the whole rest.


It's one of the shortcomings of the Lightning/Ice spec--high defense, low damage--which is one of the reasons why it's not really used after early game. Things start to even out after you get access to Baneblade, but putting more points into Moonstrike in the meantime will help boost Wraithsword's damage.
zelgadis
Destroyer
7 | 0
Any idea how to deal with that?
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
866 | 117
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
zelgadis wrote:Any idea how to deal with that?


Deal with what?

Edit:
If you mean the damage thing, I explained it in the post above. But to further expand on my point, since the Lightning/Ice spec doesn't have any timered skills (aside from Baneblade), it can use Fusillade liberally to supplement damage. Fusillade will also do significantly more damage while Moonstrike is active, so be sure to time those attacks accordingly.

If damage is still an issue even with more points into Moonstrike and using Fusillade, then hire a merc. A3 mercs work especially well for Physical/Magic based melee builds. A Bloodmage is a more defensive choice if your own survivability is an issue (Gift of Inner Fire), while an Abjurer is a more offensive choice (Banish).
kehllendros
Prowler
15 | 0
Does the warp blade still drop from Griswold? I have done several runs and it has not dropped.
User avatar
Aero
Lion Skull the Bent
6508 | 224
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
kehllendros wrote:Does the warp blade still drop from Griswold? I have done several runs and it has not dropped.


It does. I tried for 25 runs on single player and never got it, but it can drop from the box, yes.
kehllendros
Prowler
15 | 0
L H wrote:
kehllendros wrote:Does the warp blade still drop from Griswold? I have done several runs and it has not dropped.


It does. I tried for 25 runs on single player and never got it, but it can drop from the box, yes.


Ah ok thanks, just wanted to make sure it wasn't removed w/ the update (didn't see anything in the PN)
Kenshin
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
How can you play this... I m on 350k def, 15% block, 7k life with all crafted/lvl100 sacred runeworded gear and I can't even beat easiest ubers on terror. Getting one shoted anyway, life leech doesnt exist and dealing no damage. No idea.
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
866 | 117
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Kenshin wrote:How can you play this... I m on 350k def, 15% block, 7k life with all crafted/lvl100 sacred runeworded gear and I can't even beat easiest ubers on terror. Getting one shoted anyway, life leech doesnt exist and dealing no damage. No idea.


What Ubers are you trying to do on Terror? Aside from those required to complete the BRC, there's no reason to visit Ubers yet.

I could use a bit more info--like your spec/skillplan, that sort of thing. Can you post or PM me a screenshot of your gear?
Crema
Stone Warrior
30 | 1
zelgadis wrote:Any idea how to deal with that?


i "solved" it by going back to the sewers and start leveling. I was around ~60 when i reached a4 in terror, which apparently sucks major hairy monkey balls. So i went to the sewers, stayed there until lvl ~80-85, upgraded everything to t6 and then i stomped a4/a5.
User avatar
Solfege
Void Archon
866 | 117
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Crema wrote:
zelgadis wrote:Any idea how to deal with that?


i "solved" it by going back to the sewers and start leveling. I was around ~60 when i reached a4 in terror, which apparently sucks major hairy monkey balls. So i went to the sewers, stayed there until lvl ~80-85, upgraded everything to t6 and then i stomped a4/a5.


lol, sounds like someone got rushed. Just questing normally on p1, you should have been around clvl 54 at the end of Hatred and around clvl 86-88 by A4 Terror. Glad you figured it out though. :lol: