Shunposin - Miniguide [Outdated]

udokhatch93
Invader
8 | 3
LHawkins1 wrote:
udokhatch93 wrote:is this guide good for beginner? im only level 30. thanks

If you're not familiar with game knowledge, level challenges, ubers/heroics, etc., then I would say it's not beginner-friendly. It's just a miniguide and doesn't explain things as well as a full guide or walkthrough. It assumes you're experienced enough to know enough about the game to be comfortable testing out a build.

It's a bit less of a common build -- something niche. Not necessarily the best recommendation for someone who's never played before, but there's certainly nothing stopping you from trying.

i been playing this game last 2010 solo mode, my build was pounce sin. some things that you have said is with guide provided in documentation in median xl. i dont know if my knowledge is enough to follow this guide. as i remember i still did nt have sacred unique's in my pounce sin back then.
Fk65
Bone Archer
79 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
hay can u do bremmtown with it? and at which gear could it be possible? with the midgame gear or rather end?
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Other Buff Weapon: Ljosalf (See note below)
*Note* The staff is used for the Dragonheart buff. Just walk out into the Blood Moor before you start your cow run, let some monsters target you until you get the Dragonheart buff, then switch it out with Shamanka/Bloodlust Claws, and carry on as normal. Dragonheart gives us 25% of our base strength towards Vitality, %Damage, and a large amount of %Total Character Defense.

That doesn't work. The duration is like 10 seconds max. Maybe another source would work. Damn the xis version of it has like 1k %TCD and lasts forever, sin would easily become the tankiest char if that would work.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nitz wrote:
Other Buff Weapon: Ljosalf (See note below)
*Note* The staff is used for the Dragonheart buff. Just walk out into the Blood Moor before you start your cow run, let some monsters target you until you get the Dragonheart buff, then switch it out with Shamanka/Bloodlust Claws, and carry on as normal. Dragonheart gives us 25% of our base strength towards Vitality, %Damage, and a large amount of %Total Character Defense.

That doesn't work. The duration is like 10 seconds max. Maybe another source would work. Damn the xis version of it has like 1k %TCD and lasts forever, sin would easily become the tankiest char if that would work.

Yea, I tested it with my necromancer early ladder in place of Vizharan and noticed that. I'll edit it now.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fk65 wrote:hay can u do bremmtown with it? and at which gear could it be possible? with the midgame gear or rather end?

You can do Bremmtown with just about any build as long as you have the killspeed to clear Spirits on the way to the Dragon. Just use any summons about 1/2-3/4 a screen ahead of you at all times to make sure they get pounced and not you. Assassin is too squishy to be able to tank a mob full of Spirits jumping on you at once, so just keep those summons ahead. You'll likely be better off with regular Nagi spec here as opposed to shunpo. Just use Shadow Refuge and Crucify. That should do the trick just fine.
rov29
Cultist
23 | 3
What's so good about segnitia? sbs has demon dmg, lifesteal, deadly strike and an aoe proc. Only the slow seems useful.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rov29 wrote:What's so good about segnitia? sbs has demon dmg, lifesteal, deadly strike and an aoe proc. Only the slow seems useful.

Segnitia
Segnitia
Field Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6677 - 7487) to (7894 - 8856)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 625
Item Level: 120
5% Chance to cast level 10 Time Strike on Striking
+25 Damage
(5 to 8)% Chance of Crushing Blow
Slow Target 10%
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
+200 Defense
Elemental Resists +15%
Physical Damage Reduced by 50
+(50 to 75) Life after each Kill
Socketed (6)
has 10% slow, flat dr, crushing blow, and lower str req, amongst other useful stuff, like the flat damage, life after kill, and another WDM proc with a much better chance than Pyroblast on SBS. Basically all the stats on it make it useful.

Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8339 - 9198) to (10115 - 11157)
Required Strength: 675
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
's AOE damage only applies to direct melee hits (not shunpo, otherwise laserblade would be nice to have too, but it doesn't work). Life leech is negligible since you get it from jewels anyways and we hit so often with shunpo/queen of blades/procs that you basically heal instantly anyways. Fairly certain damage to demons also only works on direct melee hit. The proc isn't bad, but it's super laggy and the only buff to spell damage we have is from Way of the Phoenix, which doesn't make it entirely worth using for only being a 1% proc.
rov29
Cultist
23 | 3
I was just wondering why all the non-set endgame gear has fire procs, only sbs is left out.
Demonic Touch
Demonic Touch
Leather Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: 1136 to 1143
Required Strength:
1% Chance to cast level 20 Cataclysm on Striking
Adds 10-25 Damage
+666 Defense
Elemental Resists +10%
Physical Resist 5%
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Requirements +100%
Socketed (4)
Reapers
Reapers
Full Helm (Sacred)

Defense: (3268 - 3677) to (3511 - 3950)
Required Strength: 600
4% Chance to cast level 40 Fire Cannonade on Kill
+1 to All Skills
+84 Fire Damage
+(13 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(7 to 18)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Fire Resist +5%
Socketed (4)
Nero
Strength Beyond Strength
Strength Beyond Strength
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (8339 - 9198) to (10115 - 11157)
Required Strength: 675
1% Chance to cast level 36 Pyroblast on Striking
Adds 25-38 Damage
150% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Demons
25% Life stolen per Hit
10% Deadly Strike
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
1% Reanimate as: Random Monster
-5 to Light Radius
Socketed (6)
and a brimstone proc on nagi. Seems efficient to invest into spell damage now.

I don't have DTouch or Reapers, but with Deadmans Hand, XisCratom and no spelldamage on jewels (320 total) I get 24k/s brimstone, 37k pyroblast and 36k Path of Flames. (without bloodlust)

Lifesteal on Sbs frees up 13 jewels that were ber crafted before. That could be extra 130% MF or 40% spelldamage. With focus on fire spelldmg on jewels I could get 90% extra out of them. Thats 5-8k/s per spell.

If the monster density is high enough and with enough points in qob, frequency of 1% procs is decent. 2-3 pounces lights 'em up :mrgreen:

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The only Fire proc I have listed in the end gear is Reapers, and fire cannonade is plenty strong enough on its own.

Dunno where you saw DTouch.

It's just a mini guide. There's no rule that says you have to do it that way.

I'm using su light plates boots, SSSU gauntlets, reapers, deadfall, and Jitan armor.

Lums in the armor, belt, and boots, and puts me at about 350% MF.

If you've found a way that you think works better, go for it.
TheUnderling
Monkey King
256 | 1
Nitz wrote:
mitsumo12 wrote:props to guide for shunposin!<<3 that naginata is godlike,btw is it possible to get a rare crafted naginata considering we cant reroll anymore?

Find a rare sacred one and reroll with shrine.

Wouldn't that limit the number of modifiers the naginata can have? And with what shrine would you do it with?