Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Can someone explain to me why my Lionpaw (T4) shoots from req. lvl 120 to 135+ when I add a jewel to it? None of my other items upgraded through MO's do this?
Illicit
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
If you add something to a socket that is higher level than the item itself, it adds the level to the level req of the item. It's a weird thing and you see it a lot trying to socket higher level runes into low tus. Just unsocket the jewel and it should be fine
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Illicit wrote:If you add something to a socket that is higher level than the item itself, it adds the level to the level req of the item. It's a weird thing and you see it a lot trying to socket higher level runes into low tus. Just unsocket the jewel and it should be fine

The required level of the boots is 120.. any of the runes (level 100 and lower) or jewels (rq level 62-64, ilvl 70-99) seem to pump up the level. I'm not understanding why it keeps bumping the level up when I put something in.

The original boot ilvl is 79 and req level is 48.

This isn't making any sense lol
Illicit
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
It's because you pumped up the level of the boots with mos.

I'm sure someone with more mechanics knowledge than me can answer this with math, I just know it's a thing
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
rcarson15 wrote:
Illicit wrote:If you add something to a socket that is higher level than the item itself, it adds the level to the level req of the item. It's a weird thing and you see it a lot trying to socket higher level runes into low tus. Just unsocket the jewel and it should be fine

The required level of the boots is 120.. any of the runes (level 100 and lower) or jewels (rq level 62-64, ilvl 70-99) seem to pump up the level. I'm not understanding why it keeps bumping the level up when I put something in.

Final lvl req = item's base lvl req OR lvl req of the highest socketable + lvls from MOs.

Since the boots have low lvl req, anything you insert will raise the base lvl req to that of the rune/jewel (from 48 to 60+ first), then the lvls from MOs are added on top. That's why.
Illicit
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Thank you notcube!!! I just couldnt find the math reference. You rock
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
NotCube wrote:
rcarson15 wrote:

Final lvl req = item's base lvl req OR lvl req of the highest socketable + lvls from MOs.

Since the boots have low lvl req, anything you insert will raise the base lvl req to that of the rune/jewel (from 48 to 60+ first), then the lvls from MOs are added on top. That's why.

Perfect, thanks!
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Updated many sections for version 1.4. Please let me know if you see any errors and I'll get them fixed asap. I feel we need more time with the new set to properly evaluate all it's uses, but by and large I've included them as well.
Onoxlol
Fallen
1 | 0
Was there anything really significant that changed? I am a new player and had been following it before you updated it. It may be hard to tell for me if something changed. I really appreciate the guide.
Also any advice on using 1h/shield or staff? I'm still unsure what one I should focus on crafting
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Onoxlol wrote:Was there anything really significant that changed? I am a new player and had been following it before you updated it. It may be hard to tell for me if something changed. I really appreciate the guide.
Also any advice on using 1h/shield or staff? I'm still unsure what one I should focus on crafting

There were no real significant changes with how you were meant to be building your character really, it was just some gear choices that were out of date that I updated to the current version (which you couldn't have used since they stopped existing anyway!).

A 1H/Shield vs Staff really comes down to how defensive you want to be. Using Staves gives you easier breakpoints to reach and better offensive stats if you can roll them on gear, but you lose the significant defensive bonuses a shield can provide. Hopefully that helps you choose! I've played both ways in the past so you can't really go wrong either way. :D