Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Semigloss wrote:
a321333 wrote:what is PTopazes??? my english is not good. and how to use this item transfer into midgame and endgame??

Perfect Topaz. See https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/socketables

thanks. and use which skill to kill boss???
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1290 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
a321333 wrote:
Semigloss wrote:
a321333 wrote:what is PTopazes??? my english is not good. and how to use this item transfer into midgame and endgame??

Perfect Topaz. See https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/socketables

thanks. and use which skill to kill boss???

Uhm... Antimass to burn mana then Immersion :\
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So I'm using valthek's and pretty legit gear for my mana sorc, according to this build. In a sample video of someone using mana sweep, they're clearing duncraig with one or two clicks of mana sweep. I can literally sit next to one slain soul and cast mana sweep for 5 minutes and he takes no damage. Can someone explain why my mana sweep doesn't do damage?
coennek
Thunder Beetle
52 | 2
-MaTT wrote:So I'm using valthek's and pretty legit gear for my mana sorc, according to this build. In a sample video of someone using mana sweep, they're clearing duncraig with one or two clicks of mana sweep. I can literally sit next to one slain soul and cast mana sweep for 5 minutes and he takes no damage. Can someone explain why my mana sweep doesn't do damage?

maybe your mana is full?
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
coennek wrote:
-MaTT wrote:So I'm using valthek's and pretty legit gear for my mana sorc, according to this build. In a sample video of someone using mana sweep, they're clearing duncraig with one or two clicks of mana sweep. I can literally sit next to one slain soul and cast mana sweep for 5 minutes and he takes no damage. Can someone explain why my mana sweep doesn't do damage?

maybe your mana is full?

Lol ya that must be the problem. I'll try to get the play style down. Thanks!
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
-MaTT wrote:
coennek wrote:

maybe your mana is full?

Lol ya that must be the problem. I'll try to get the play style down. Thanks!

One more question: What would I want to socket my Valthek's with? I had 6 sur's in there for 90% mana regen, but being as I don't necessarily want mana, should I go with damage reflected or +vita?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you def want more mana because it in creases the damage of every Arcane Spell. At the same time you want to have a decent amount of Mana regen to be able to spam Immersion or Mana Sweep (Valthek) when low on Mana after using Antimass. Next thing you have to look for is Cast speed. At least 6 frames per cast (86 cast speed) should be the goal on Valthek if not even 5 (@ 194).
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mortimer_85 wrote:you def want more mana because it in creases the damage of every Arcane Spell. At the same time you want to have a decent amount of Mana regen to be able to spam Immersion or Mana Sweep (Valthek) when low on Mana after using Antimass. Next thing you have to look for is Cast speed. At least 6 frames per cast (86 cast speed) should be the goal on Valthek if not even 5 (@ 194).

So, I currently have 25k mana. My regen really isn't the problem at this point. Since I took out the 6 Sur's from the Valthek, it didn't make much of a difference at all with 25k mana. The whole point of my build is to have low mana for using mana sweep as a damage skill. That being said, would I want to socket the staff with jewels/runes that give me other "stats?"
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-MaTT wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:you def want more mana because it in creases the damage of every Arcane Spell. At the same time you want to have a decent amount of Mana regen to be able to spam Immersion or Mana Sweep (Valthek) when low on Mana after using Antimass. Next thing you have to look for is Cast speed. At least 6 frames per cast (86 cast speed) should be the goal on Valthek if not even 5 (@ 194).

So, I currently have 25k mana. My regen really isn't the problem at this point. Since I took out the 6 Sur's from the Valthek, it didn't make much of a difference at all with 25k mana. The whole point of my build is to have low mana for using mana sweep as a damage skill. That being said, would I want to socket the staff with jewels/runes that give me other "stats?"

Since Mana/ene scaling was increased last patch I would socket it with UM Runes (5% energy) to increase the mana pool - aka damage, but only if all other Breakpoints (cast speed and hit recovery ) are reached
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
mortimer_85 wrote:
-MaTT wrote:

Since Mana/ene scaling was increased last patch I would socket it with UM Runes (5% energy) to increase the mana pool - aka damage, but only if all other Breakpoints (cast speed and hit recovery ) are reached

Is there somewhere on the forum that has the breakpoints?