Mana Sorceress

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Fululf
Gravedigger
196 | 11
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
-MaTT wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:
-MaTT wrote:
mortimer_85 wrote:you def want more mana because it in creases the damage of every Arcane Spell. At the same time you want to have a decent amount of Mana regen to be able to spam Immersion or Mana Sweep (Valthek) when low on Mana after using Antimass. Next thing you have to look for is Cast speed. At least 6 frames per cast (86 cast speed) should be the goal on Valthek if not even 5 (@ 194).

So, I currently have 25k mana. My regen really isn't the problem at this point. Since I took out the 6 Sur's from the Valthek, it didn't make much of a difference at all with 25k mana. The whole point of my build is to have low mana for using mana sweep as a damage skill. That being said, would I want to socket the staff with jewels/runes that give me other "stats?"

Since Mana/ene scaling was increased last patch I would socket it with UM Runes (5% energy) to increase the mana pool - aka damage, but only if all other Breakpoints (cast speed and hit recovery ) are reached

Is there somewhere on the forum that has the breakpoints?

https://dev.median-xl.com/speedcalc/ Try this.
It's pretty neat (:
-MaTT
Core Lord
380 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Ya I'm beginning to believe that for some reason, this build is good at 145+. There's no way I can do what Sigma did in the video. 2 shots from necrobots in fautz and i'm dead. My mana sweep comes nowhere near to his damage from his mana sweep. Just don't know what's wrong... DM me on disc @shieldarc#2439 so I'm not blowing up the forum...
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-MaTT wrote:Ya I'm beginning to believe that for some reason, this build is good at 145+. There's no way I can do what Sigma did in the video. 2 shots from necrobots in fautz and i'm dead. My mana sweep comes nowhere near to his damage from his mana sweep. Just don't know what's wrong... DM me on disc @shieldarc#2439 so I'm not blowing up the forum...

Levels have not that much to do with your damage. Your damage is very easy to figure out. It's basically a factor of your mana pool. Looks like you only have a mana pool of 25k? You need more mana to do what that video was doing. Have you eaten 400 signets of learning? Is your gear giving you plenty of mana? Do you have a Corrupted Wormhole with either Energy or Mana cycles? Have you put too many points into STR or DEX to wear gear (implying you're missing charms that grant attributes)?

I mean I've never had a character at 145, but I've killed basically every boss and done basically everything the game has to offer on my mana sorc outside of very few encounters. You are just lacking mana which implies you need to get more from wherever you're missing it. Maybe share your character's armory and it'll be easy to tell what's missing?
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Quick note for the 1.5 update, will try to update before patch goes live, but by and large the biggest change comes in the reworked Knave RW, which gives us access to baby Valthek's Command.

Yes, Valthek's Command is still better by a fair margin. However, Knave works till you get it. Also is potentially preferable for a heavy defensive setup for bossing since Valthek's never exactly shone in boss fights. However, this is at the point where it might simply be better to use Arcane Torrent, but worth trying out!

As a side note, don't be afraid to play with Arcane Torrent as your main clear spell. It's really strong. You don't need Valthek's or the above RW for mana sorcs to feel strong. All you need is mana! :D

Besides this, there are some minor changes all around. The set pieces have gotten slight improvements and definitely makes it nicer on the way to your endgame setup. Twilight Havoc got a buff, so the set bonus that empowers Twilight Havoc might be a lot more attractive for bossing-focused setups.

I will be playing a mana sorc this patch too, so feel free to reach out on discord for any questions, etc. Will try to update the guide asap once I play with some of the new changes!
Reishu
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Can mana sorc fast kill xazax astroga judgday ubers? or this is pain?
Eregoth
Destroyer
7 | 0
Reishu wrote:Can mana sorc fast kill xazax astroga judgday ubers? or this is pain?

All three were quite easy when I last tried Mana Sorc (1.0) with garbage gear.
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Reishu wrote:Can mana sorc fast kill xazax astroga judgday ubers? or this is pain?

https://youtu.be/L9b3jV9wexk
Xazax at end
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
what kinds base shield for craft is good?
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
a321333 wrote:what kinds base shield for craft is good?

Pretty much will be based on what your attributes let you wear, but my recommendation is to not use anything above Large Shield because you don't want the movement speed penalty. Using a Bone Shield can also be nice if your STR is lower than your DEX.
a321333
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hrishi wrote:
a321333 wrote:what kinds base shield for craft is good?

Pretty much will be based on what your attributes let you wear, but my recommendation is to not use anything above Large Shield because you don't want the movement speed penalty. Using a Bone Shield can also be nice if your STR is lower than your DEX.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=ManaTorey

plz check my gear and give me some suggestions???

my max mana is 30533...