Summonmancer mini guide

Kirimaru
Cultist
22 | 3
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Woodmanopg wrote:
Kirimaru wrote:
foufoumoro wrote:Mind sharing your stuff too ? Thanks ! :)

You may see my stuff here: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Cygnus
By the way, i have a
Soulsplitter
Soulsplitter
Coronet (Sacred)

Defense: 605 to 684
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 327
Item Level: 120
Summon One Extra Necromancer Minion With Each Cast
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-20% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(40 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(25 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Maximum Mana +20%
Socketed (4)
, if you like it, i'll give it to you for free :)
Pm me, if you like it: /w *ngorung0408

sir where to farm these items in what locations?

I've farmed these items in Duncraig :). Duncraig is the best for SU/SSU
Woodmanopg
Imp
4 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Kirimaru wrote:
Woodmanopg wrote:
Kirimaru wrote:
foufoumoro wrote:Mind sharing your stuff too ? Thanks ! :)

You may see my stuff here: https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Cygnus
By the way, i have a
Soulsplitter
Soulsplitter
Coronet (Sacred)

Defense: 605 to 684
(Necromancer Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 327
Item Level: 120
Summon One Extra Necromancer Minion With Each Cast
+3 to Necromancer Skill Levels
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-20% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(40 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(25 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
Maximum Mana +20%
Socketed (4)
, if you like it, i'll give it to you for free :)
Pm me, if you like it: /w *ngorung0408

sir where to farm these items in what locations?

I've farmed these items in Duncraig :). Duncraig is the best for SU/SSU

Ty sir GL =) :bounce:
AVK95
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Crafted this staff on Single Player: Would you consider it good enough for endgame, or do I keep going? No MOs have been applied to it yet!
ChaosLeech
Acid Prince
45 | 2
wow
illsonmedia
Prowler
15 | 5
Just getting into this now. on HC.

How do you manage the casting of Night Hawks relative to the time it takes for the AI to "wake up"?

I'm currently lvl 56, so granted I don't have a "maximum capacity" to spam, but on the other hand, I don't have nearly as much cast speed as I will by end game.

1) By mid and/or end game, can you spam cast Hawks on bosses? Or will you overwrite existing hawks, thus never doing Hawk damage, or cutting into the damage significantly?

2) Secondly, how does Hawk AI work when you cast it near the edge of your screen, to reach those really dangerous casters or ranged monsters? I can't tell yet, but it seems almost like the Hawks fly back to the player, something to do with a limited range feature. Thoughts?

Thanks.
DacianDraco
Cog
212 | 17
illsonmedia wrote:cut

1. You can and will get to cast them faster than they can target and explode, but you will learn not to do that. Also eventually mana runs out and you take a sec for it to refill, as well as generally having to reposition vs bosses, then furthermore you may need to cast skeletons and hawks in tandem cause boss has cast his clear everything spell, etc. So keep playing it and you will get the feel of how often to cast them.

2. Hawks do like to run back to you if target is near the edge, i try to cast them behind the target, and summon any of the targetable minions near the enemy so they get distracted with them and i can get a bit closer and hawks can actually acknowledge and explode on them. Also i think in general the ranged enemy aggroes before you can see it, unsure if all of them or maybe it's just because of minions in front being closer to it, anyway i know their projectiles travel further than a screen and i see them before i see the caster.

And on a side note, i hope the HC is just for fun to see how it will die, cause i feel you will essentially be conditioned to attempting one more of those uber with oneshots until it's his time. I don't know, i don't play HC cause my character has no impact on the game world, but if i would i'd play the character i am best at playing after testing a bunch.
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
bugfree wrote:
peilis wrote:Id say you dont need any Magical shrine crafts, you want more damage, thus only tainted crafts. Minions just dont die and if they do you summon them upfront anyways, thus they always at max numbers. (maybe for some bosses you want magical but i kinda doubt it)

Also for a crafted wand you want to get +1 minion, as that is big deal for a Jinn build.

Endgame gear shouldnt be Lazarus set as VK is kinda weak right now and even if you had 2 of them i doubt it would be better than rathma or jinn. If you come across it sure, but there are better options for gg stuff. For example Goetia plate, nebel rings (luckied +1) and since you want damage, alot of it, tainted crafts might take the rest places.

Ive thought was not good too till today :mrgreen: found laz pieces in my stash and worked towards the items
Ive specked in Veil king
What i did notice imediatly and most didnt is that that Veil king buster has a 60% slow target + he can summon scouges ....now 2 of them literaly fill up the screen with spawns .....Ive done Kabraxis no deaths ....done Quv Tsin ....no deaths 0 dmg taken so far ive tested these 2 is amazing

With the new patch VK got 20% move speed, thus it is a tiny bit better, sure for some cases it might be usable, but for general play / farming, other specs surpass it by far. And for that, Lazarus set does not fit as an endgame gear, the only exception is if you are playing VK spec.
LeChatChouette
Thunder Beetle
50 | 1
bugfree wrote:ill try post a video ^^ with clear speeds and some bosses cleared ...OFc i specked in Veil king f 2x Kings ....but u will be surprized what it can do
Also on some crafted pieces ...gloves ...boots i double Shrined ^^ double Blessed sry ^^

Hey dude,

I'm curious and i'd like to see a video of your build.

I'm currently playing jinn/knight so it'd be interesting to see what other builds can do

Have fun
Josko_91
Vampiress
35 | 1
Honestly, the " Reduces army size by 50% " stat on Veil king is totally bullshit. They should remove it, the fact that you can't have Veil king and Rathma's champion at the same time and that Veil king always turns hostile upon death is more than enough. 50% reduced army size is way too much. I expect them to remove that stat on the next patch! Hell, they could change it so Veil king reduces Death knight summons by 50%, alot more reasonable in my opinion although I would really like if they just outright removed the -50% army size stat instead! Then Veil king would be perfect!
peilis
Thunder Beetle
56 | 3
Josko_91 wrote:Honestly, the " Reduces army size by 50% " stat on Veil king is totally bullshit. They should remove it, the fact that you can't have Veil king and Rathma's champion at the same time and that Veil king always turns hostile upon death is more than enough. 50% reduced army size is way too much. I expect them to remove that stat on the next patch! Hell, they could change it so Veil king reduces Death knight summons by 50%, alot more reasonable in my opinion although I would really like if they just outright removed the -50% army size stat instead! Then Veil king would be perfect!

This will never happen, or atleast i dont see them removing it, maybe nerf a bit but thats at most. Veil King alone is so much more powerful than a dozen of minions. You cant expect to have a raid boss and an army in your summons, do you? Of course it is kinda a big nerf and forces you to use Lazarus set if you want to play VK. But each spec has its percs. // Cheers