Summonmancer mini guide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Crash
Talic
6551 | 270
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Anarhist wrote:I found out that Demon Head can give more necro skill levels , but idk if its only a low chance for it , cuz on lvl 2 it already has a skill level , but the demon heads that i got for so long did not


its a random stat for necro shields.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
kopraonu
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Can anyone experienced with endgame nec summoner give me gear suggestions? https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=kobras
Is there something I could improve upon?
37k hawk damage 17500 life, 210k armor atm, tried to do block until I noticed the base block chance of nec is 0%, 4% block with 166 base dex.
Cheno
Azure Drake
174 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kopraonu wrote:Can anyone experienced with endgame nec summoner give me gear suggestions? https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=kobras
Is there something I could improve upon?
37k hawk damage 17500 life, 210k armor atm, tried to do block until I noticed the base block chance of nec is 0%, 4% block with 166 base dex.

Block is pointless unless you dump most, if not all of your points into dex and you need to specifically gear for dex.
kopraonu
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
Is 4% block 4% less damage taken on average for damage types you can block?
That would mean even 10-20% could be useful or am I missing something?
But yes, the low base block % means it is probably more useful to spend points in energy for hawk spam or vit.
Cheno
Azure Drake
174 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
kopraonu wrote:Is 4% block 4% less damage taken on average for damage types you can block?
That would mean even 10-20% could be useful or am I missing something?
But yes, the low base block % means it is probably more useful to spend points in energy for hawk spam or vit.

Well, probably, but only for weapon based attacks. I doubt you could reach 10%+ without putting in several hundred points from either stat points or gear. To reach any useful level of block, you need to sacrifice damage or other kinds of survivability.

Edit: Usually you only bother with dex if you gain something more than just block from it, like damage, AR etc and if you have some sort of scaling from it, otherwise you're just reducing your damage and for most of the content, damage is the safer bet. Obviously if you're planning on doing very specific content, then it might be different but depends on what you want to achieve too.
Semigloss
Cog
221 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
kopraonu wrote:Is 4% block 4% less damage taken on average for damage types you can block?

No, it's essentially 4% chance to not take any damage. But like Cheno said it only works for weapon based attacks.

Summoner starts with 0% block which makes it hard to reach useful levels. On my full dex based melee necro I had over 4,000 dexterity, with 3% ctb (2% from shield and 1% from Deathlord) and was hovering around 45% block.
Arubel
Stone Warrior
31 | 0
Is it possible to use Deathlord? Never player necro, but this skill sounds good
ICEEKEY
Cultist
21 | 0
Arubel wrote:Is it possible to use Deathlord? Never player necro, but this skill sounds good

I dont think so because you will not have any skill point left to put into deathlord :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: