Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
does crafting gloves not roll with pally skills anymore? or am i just bad at rolling?
Kirito
Invader
9 | 0
robg1293 wrote:does crafting gloves not roll with pally skills anymore? or am i just bad at rolling?

i think youre not lucky cuz i craft one not long ago if im not mitaken
Dadplaysgames4
Core Lord
367 | 9
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
robg1293 wrote:does crafting gloves not roll with pally skills anymore? or am i just bad at rolling?

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes Always use this to see the possible outcomes.

(you can only craft DRU/SOR/AMA skills on gloves.) 8-)
robg1293
Pit Knight
104 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dadplaysgames4 wrote:

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes Always use this to see the possible outcomes.

(you can only craft DRU/SOR/AMA skills on gloves.) 8-)

it's been a while since I've made a character, thank you so much for the reminder!
Kastaneda89
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Hi guys. I got a general newbie question. I used to play this build offline up to lvl 120, it was good fun, using TUs mostly. I now have most of the stuff required for endgame. So is this build good for high pushing and bossing? Thanks
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
How do u get mana back as unholy?
Main post makes no sense...
if u were to use any of those set/gear (low/mid/high) u would go "0%mana" in 10-12seconds with:
1) no chances to get mana back
2) no chances to rebuffs
3) no chances to tp away
so?
How do u recover mana?
And do not stay Stormlord / charms/ more lvls as with ias cap u'll even for 00%mana faster...

At least add on "starting gear" some mana on attack things to make the built not "mana starved" untill end game...
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
marco311 wrote:How do u get mana back as unholy?
Main post makes no sense...
if u were to use any of those set/gear (low/mid/high) u would go "0%mana" in 10-12seconds with:
1) no chances to get mana back
2) no chances to rebuffs
3) no chances to tp away
so?
How do u recover mana?
And do not stay Stormlord / charms/ more lvls as with ias cap u'll even for 00%mana faster...

At least add on "starting gear" some mana on attack things to make the built not "mana starved" untill end game...

You can make some NIH or Ber jewels, you get mana steal on a few of the low level charms and if you’re using tu’s or low level jewelry you can always mo them with mana regen/ mana steal.
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Mana steal is physical wpn dmg based / main attacks : lemures/blood thorns are not wpn dmg based...
Unholy melee is basically a sorceress that casts spell in melee range that doesn't need %ar to land the hit and that has a little mana pool and "nobody knows" how it's supposed to recover that mana pool...
in fact every single unholy melee u find goes 00%mana in 10-15s of continuos fight in melee...
Endgame set of gears too eh... it's not a low lvl issue... blood thorn / lemures cost increase with lvl as well...
Mana on attack works "if u land the attack" (not the spell) so u need %ar/chance to hit to do it... no gear suggested allow to have a decent "chance to hit"...
Redemption
Gravedigger
195 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
marco311 wrote:Mana steal is physical wpn dmg based / main attacks : lemures/blood thorns are not wpn dmg based...
Unholy melee is basically a sorceress that casts spell in melee range that doesn't need %ar to land the hit and that has a little mana pool and "nobody knows" how it's supposed to recover that mana pool...
in fact every single unholy melee u find goes 00%mana in 10-15s of continuos fight in melee...
Endgame set of gears too eh... it's not a low lvl issue... blood thorn / lemures cost increase with lvl as well...
Mana on attack works "if u land the attack" (not the spell) so u need %ar/chance to hit to do it... no gear suggested allow to have a decent "chance to hit"...

Hmm I thought unholy melee skills connected with the weapon then cast the spell after the initial melee hit. If it was simply just a spell then on attack leech technically wouldn’t work then right? Also -
Lemurs - Effect: melee attack that unleashes homing cold spirits, scales with Vitality. Requires Grim Presence.
Blood thorns - Effect: melee attack that unleashes burning nails, scales with Vitality. Requires Grim Presence.

They both count as a melee attack then a spell cast. So on hit and leech both would work right?
marco311
Grubber
341 | 5
Description is misleading...
If u try to land a melee hit on a target = it will trigger the spell u want to cast (lemures/blood thorns)...
if the melee hit lands or not : it doesnt' matter > the spell will be triggered anyway...
the mana on attack/mana leech works on that melee hit not on the spell u're casting...
so, if u don't have enought "chance to hit" = the spell (lemures or blood thorns) will still be cast (full effect) but won't recover from the missing melee hit...

the melee hit triggering bloodthorn or lemures has the same chance to hit than any "basic melee attack" and with current suggested gear :
chance to melee hit a boss is very very very low...

to make it easier >
if blood thorns costs 100 mana and u put 5xorbs mana on attack (100mana on attack) on a wpn = u shouldn't go 00mana (ever)..
but since u have a bad chance to hit = u'll miss a lot especially on bosses...

if u attack at 5fpa (5attacks /s) with a blood thorn at 100mana cost and u miss = 4 melee hits on 5 = u'll loose 400mana each second... (recovering 100 from a succesful hit) so manapool/400 = seconds before goin 00%mana...
u have 2k mana pool? u will last 2000/400 = 5seconds... (I've been extremely generous with 10-12s)