Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Paladin wrote:Why do you recommend using Aerin/Heraldic Shield for crafting? Wouldn't a crown shield yield better potential defense results?

The difference between Aerin shield and Crown shield is less than 1% defense (on max rolls). If you decide to go 1 point Stormlord you might find yourself with insufficent Dex to wear Crown shield. Heraldic/Aerin shields only require Str that is also used to put the rest of gear on. Other than that its no big difference. I also like how Heraldic/Aerin shields look on the character much more than Crown shields.

Ruskie wrote:What would you say about using a demon core MO on Dux Infernum?

It barely beats just using 2% Fire Spell Damage MO's. Don't count on these procs to shave time off your clear time either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core story behind the name.
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
For breakpoint calculations doesn't the Rapture's bonus go into the "Skill IAS" box in the speed calc?

D2 stats just adds it to the same number so I'm confused.
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Does crushingblow works on Bloodthorns skill? Other words, usefull to put Rainbowstones in weapon?
physics
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Tokkie wrote:Does crushingblow works on Bloodthorns skill? Other words, usefull to put Rainbowstones in weapon?

no, it only works on the monster you physically hit afaik so its useless
Paladin
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
bapcja wrote:
Paladin wrote:Why do you recommend using Aerin/Heraldic Shield for crafting? Wouldn't a crown shield yield better potential defense results?

The difference between Aerin shield and Crown shield is less than 1% defense (on max rolls). If you decide to go 1 point Stormlord you might find yourself with insufficent Dex to wear Crown shield. Heraldic/Aerin shields only require Str that is also used to put the rest of gear on. Other than that its no big difference. I also like how Heraldic/Aerin shields look on the character much more than Crown shields.

It barely beats just using 2% Fire Spell Damage MO's. Don't count on these procs to shave time off your clear time either. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon_core story behind the name.

Thank you, I see, that makes sense. The style really is superior although you're in Superbeast form for most of the time anyway :mrgreen:
What MOs do you recommend for the endgame gear?
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
TxMaverick88 wrote:For breakpoint calculations doesn't the Rapture's bonus go into the "Skill IAS" box in the speed calc?

D2 stats just adds it to the same number so I'm confused.

You can put your total ias in one box (like in the screenshot) and it spits out correct numbers anyway

Paladin wrote:
bapcja wrote:

Thank you, I see, that makes sense. The style really is superior although you're in Superbeast form for most of the time anyway :mrgreen:
What MOs do you recommend for the endgame gear?

Farnham's Lost Marble
Farnham's Lost Marble
Mystic Orb

Right-Click to Apply
1% Movement Speed
+30 Life on Melee Attack
+30 Mana on Melee Attack
+10 Required Level
looks interesting and could do wonders for your sustain. 375 health/mana every second if you swing at 5fpa and all your swings connect (you only really miss on bosses). It can also be applied to any slot. Thats if you can stomach the random movespeed penalty (i dont know how bad it is really). Other than that id put fire spell damage on every piece, maybe +5 Vita on armour pieces. That or MF.
Edited by bapcja 4 years.
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
physics wrote:
Tokkie wrote:Does crushingblow works on Bloodthorns skill? Other words, usefull to put Rainbowstones in weapon?

But even if I use Bloodthorns I also deal a normal hit or not? Wondering if the CB will work on a single target by that.
bapcja
Abomination
154 | 8
Great Guide Badge
Tokkie wrote:
physics wrote:

But even if I use Bloodthorns I also deal a normal hit or not? Wondering if the CB will work on a single target by that.

You do apply CB on your swing, against the current target. However since it only ever applies to regular mobs its not worth it when your skill doesnt carry it.

If you want to benefit from cb try
The Book of Kalen
The Book of Kalen
Targe (Sacred)

Defense: (3513 - 4471) to (3737 - 4757)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 437
Item Level: 105
Dragon's Blessing Attribute Bonus Halved
1% Base Block Chance
30% Hit Recovery
+(20 to 40) to Carnage
+(120 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
+2000 Defense vs. Missile
Maximum Life +3%
Socketed (4)
+
Mad King's Spine
Mad King's Spine
Bonebreaker (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (163 - 223) to (245 - 306)
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 544
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Superbeast adds Deadly Strike Instead of Spell Damage at 50% efficiency
25% Chance to cast level 1 Rend on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Adds (41 to 70)-(121 to 150) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
10% Life stolen per Hit
Stun Attack
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist -(5 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
. Carnage not only multihits but also carries all wdm modifiers and converts some of the damge to fire. Beware the mana cost, its around ~500 per swing.
Tokkie
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
bapcja wrote:
Tokkie wrote:
physics wrote:

You do apply CB on your swing, against the current target. However since it only ever applies to regular mobs its not worth it when your skill doesnt carry it.

If you want to benefit from cb try
The Book of Kalen
The Book of Kalen
Targe (Sacred)

Defense: (3513 - 4471) to (3737 - 4757)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Paladin Only)
Required Dexterity: 437
Item Level: 105
Dragon's Blessing Attribute Bonus Halved
1% Base Block Chance
30% Hit Recovery
+(20 to 40) to Carnage
+(120 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
+2000 Defense vs. Missile
Maximum Life +3%
Socketed (4)
+
Mad King's Spine
Mad King's Spine
Bonebreaker (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (163 - 223) to (245 - 306)
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 544
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Superbeast adds Deadly Strike Instead of Spell Damage at 50% efficiency
25% Chance to cast level 1 Rend on Melee Attack
+(1 to 3) to All Skills
Adds (41 to 70)-(121 to 150) Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
10% Life stolen per Hit
Stun Attack
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
Physical Resist -(5 to 10)%
Socketed (3)
. Carnage not only multihits but also carries all wdm modifiers and converts some of the damge to fire. Beware the mana cost, its around ~500 per swing.

thanks for ur answers
ka3ka91
Jungle Hunter
26 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey, Its my 1st character on Median. Im lvl 106 and got rly big problem with mana sustain against bosses, got +200 mana on attack and 25% mana steel in weapon still not enough, any adivices ?