Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
phazedown
Cultist
20 | 0
I decided to go for Blood Thorns and this character is really fun to play for your first hardcore experience.
Now on lvl 92 my goal is to reach lvl 115 and to farm the easiest/most beneficial charms before the new ladder starts tomorrow.

Never thought I will end up a night crafting this weapon and deciding which further MOs to pick.
More %AR for bosses or Life on Attack first? Probably more %AR but does it really pay off? You think twice if you only have one life :D

After all, this is my second paladin after trying Unholy Caster and my first serious melee char in my D2 history since may 2000!!
I'm glad this updated guide exists. Thank you bapcja against all negative votes.

edit: died at lvl 103 at Baal NM, must have been a lag spike (9200hp,full ele res,19% phys res, one shotted)
enanoakd
Stone Warrior
34 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Viable for 1.5? what do you think?
Mr_Ali
Rust Claw
87 | 2
enanoakd wrote:Viable for 1.5? what do you think?

I can't see anything that has changed in 1.5 so yes I think
Alterayylmao
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Zod runes got nerfed. You can only get 10% slow with 5x Zod rune on Rainbowcleave.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
what's a good alternative to mana on attack on weapon for mana sustain? mana regen on rings+ammy doesn't seem to cut it
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:what's a good alternative to mana on attack on weapon for mana sustain? mana regen on rings+ammy doesn't seem to cut it

Why do you need other than mana on attack? That or mana on kill when farming are the only options, both can be attained with jewelcrafting, sapphires or mo'ing.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:
Diaco wrote:what's a good alternative to mana on attack on weapon for mana sustain? mana regen on rings+ammy doesn't seem to cut it

Why do you need other than mana on attack? That or mana on kill when farming are the only options, both can be attained with jewelcrafting, sapphires or mo'ing.

bc I don't want to waste MO space on my wep for that... putting mana on attack MOs on an astral blade seems like a waste
Sonicbdwa
Sasquatch
64 | 6
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:
Jampula wrote:

bc I don't want to waste MO space on my wep for that... putting mana on attack MOs on an astral blade seems like a waste

Mana on attack is the only way. 40 per MO while jewel only 8 per. That means 25 slots can't be used for Lum/Ohm (which aren't worth it).
arythia
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I am respeccing my paladin to this build and am wondering would I just use fascinating instead of sacred for crafts since I am using blood thorns?
etmoi2
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
arythia wrote:I am respeccing my paladin to this build and am wondering would I just use fascinating instead of sacred for crafts since I am using blood thorns?

indeed,fascinating is for fire spell
you can go look in the doc for all the shrines bonuses