Unholy Melee Paladin [105-125 content in TU's]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
akbugger wrote:
I understand the importance of having a "starter" character ; just feel UHM is a bad choice for that. While the guide indeed says:
" Tiered uniques will carry you up to some 125 ubers easily without even farming for signets. This includes all Rifts." - I dont think is true; maybe it was before but if you wanna farm Dunc u won't be doing it in TUs. My guess is a low geared UHM cant farm even K3K at any efficency, let alone melee mobs in Dunc.

I think this is more about game knowledge and experience. I can definetly get much further in basic gear than newbies, gear alone will not carry a build. Take it slow and dont charge in head first into danger, kite and dodge when needed. Manual dodging and kiting is so underrated in this game, people think they can facetank everything like in clod. Sure, it is gonna be a bit slower if you dont just mow down everything with a swing, but at least you wont be dying every other minute.
batuuuu
Jungle Hunter
25 | 2
can somebody suggest lab items for uhm
jinooc
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thx for your guide: I just wonder it's still viable for this version.
I just want to farm till duncg and 120~125 uber bosses.
Is it possible with this guide or do I need extra gears like crafting?
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
So the one thing about this build is to get decent amount of %AR. But how much? Atm i have 800% according to D2Stats with 470 dex. Is it enough? Should i aim for more?
Does this build need any Spell Factor at all?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Jitan, Come On wrote:So the one thing about this build is to get decent amount of %AR. But how much? Atm i have 800% according to D2Stats with 470 dex. Is it enough? Should i aim for more?
Does this build need any Spell Factor at all?

The AR% doesn't really matter much, what matters is the actual amount of AR that you have, which can't be extrapolated from AR%.
Being above 20-25k for level 120+125 farming is probably fine but the very endgame bosses will probably require 50k+.

And yes, you're a melee spellcaster, you do need SF.
Jitan, Come On
Pit Knight
115 | 7
What confused me is that LCS doesnt show AR for BloodThorns/Lemures. But i guess i could just reference to default attack.
Thanks.
Diabloevenger
Monkey King
285 | 0
any info on the crafted jewels here? I see "godly" but idk what they need :P
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diabloevenger wrote:any info on the crafted jewels here? I see "godly" but idk what they need :P

An ideal jewel Will have 4% fire spell dmg, 15 spell Focus, 2% vit and +Life. Of course that's almost impossible, but you want to get as close to that as you can
Diabloevenger
Monkey King
285 | 0
Diaco wrote:
Diabloevenger wrote:any info on the crafted jewels here? I see "godly" but idk what they need :P

An ideal jewel Will have 4% fire spell dmg, 15 spell Focus, 2% vit and +Life. Of course that's almost impossible, but you want to get as close to that as you can

Awesome ty :D another stupid question for you can I use the enchants that give lifespark for this build??? It says on striking but idk if that means physical attacks
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nope. On striking only works on WDM attacks