Unholy Melee Paladin Guide [WIP]

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Crescent
Cultist
21 | 2
Elendilli wrote:cut

I'm using the build described below. This thing can clear T14 in around 30 minutes, but to be fair, Phobos kills me in 3-4 seconds (don't know a strat, working on it).

My character has level 140 with ~32k hp, 88-90 maxres, 290-310 res (for T14+ with it's -100 pierce penalty), 12k blood thorns damage on character page.

It's the fast moving & slow killing immortal badass (you can afk on T10 lab in a pack of few Erinies) - thanks to regen 4k hp/sec.

Talents:
1st window:
Vessel of retribution - 1
Rapture - all the rest points when others skills learned
Solstice and equinox - 1

2nd window:
Posession - 16
Sanguine covenant - supermax
Tainted blood - supermax
Stormlord - supermax
Everything near - 1

3rd window:
Superbeast - 1
Divine apparition - 1p
Blessed life - to 50% DR cap or supermax

Gear:
Weapon:
Dux Infernum
Dux Infernum
War Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (115 - 128) to (140 - 156)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 581
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.18 per Strength)%
+30 Second Cooldown to Jinn
15% Chance to cast level 60 Jinn on Melee Attack
+(4 to 5) to All Skills
+(150 to 180)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1000-2000 fire damage
0.5% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1 to Jinn
+200% to Summoned Minion Life
Maximum Cold Resist -2%
+200 Life on Attack
Socketed (6)
- Jinnies REALLY can tank, it's good / fire damage
Shield:
Orationis Tenebris
Orationis Tenebris
Rondache (Sacred)

Defense: (3669 - 4503) to (4048 - 4968)
Chance to Block: 2%
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 440
Item Level: 105
Sanguine Covenant Regenerates 3.5% of Maximum Life per Second
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
40% Hit Recovery
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
- your way to immortality
Rings:
Empyrean Glory
Empyrean Glory
Ring (Sacred)

Required Level: 50
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 26 Singularity on Kill
(6 to 10)% to All Attributes
Increase Maximum Life and Mana 15%
15% Gold Find
x2 - all stats / hit points
Amulet:
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amulet (Sacred)

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
10% Chance to cast level 40 Nova Bomb on Melee Attack
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
Adds 1-375 lightning damage
+650 poison damage over 2 seconds
Stun Attack
+(11 to 16) to Hive
Lightning Resist +(40 to 50)%
Poison Resist +(40 to 50)%
50% Enhanced Damage vs. Necrobots
- Hive oSkill / Necrobot killer / Resistances
Belt:
Doomcloud Spine
Doomcloud Spine
Henchmen Trophies Set
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 4089 to 4479
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 606
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Vitality
+50 to Vitality
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
Socketed (2)
Lightning Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 lightning damage (3 Items)
+5 Lightning Absorb (4 Items)


Boots:
Fangskin Scales
Fangskin Scales
Henchmen Trophies Set
Greaves (Sacred)

Defense: 2481 to 2799
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 595
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Energy
+50 to Energy
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Poison Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 magic damage (3 Items)
+5 Magic Absorb (4 Items)


Gloves:
Stareye's Claws
Stareye's Claws
Henchmen Trophies Set
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1674 to 1959
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Dexterity
+50 to Dexterity
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Cold Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 cold damage (3 Items)
+5 Cold Absorb (4 Items)


Helm:
Blackskull's Horns
Blackskull's Horns
Henchmen Trophies Set
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 606
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Fire Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Strength
+50 to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Fire Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 fire damage (3 Items)
+5 Fire Absorb (4 Items)


Body: Natasha RW with +5 max res

Sockets:
Weapon: 1 indestructible then x5 Ohm runes
Body: x6 Xis rune for RW
The rest: max res if needed (p-gems or
Zann Esu's Stone
Zann Esu's Stone
Jewel (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 115
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
5% Cast Speed
+3% to Spell Damage
Maximum Fire Resist +1%
) then Ohm runes

MO:
Weapon: Attack rating x5 then fire damage the rest
The rest: fire damage then flat vitality
Jewelry: fire damage then damage reduction then something else
Some mana on attack somewhere

A lot of upgrade possibilities here, but character builded this way can burn T12 almost brainlessly (it can tank ALL ATTACKS of Unstable anomaly!!!) and has some semi-hard times on T15.
Remember: it's not for damage but for immortality and lazy killing.

Edit: killing just one Ghabard or Anomaly in around 8-10 minutes - it's normal. We've come for lazy journey.

Farm build is A LOT differents: the glasscanon with 200% movespeed, godly dps and nullified survivability, but it's another story.
User avatar
Elendilli
Monkey King
281 | 12
Crescent wrote:
Elendilli wrote:cut

I'm using the build described below. This thing can clear T14 in around 30 minutes, but to be fair, Phobos kills me in 3-4 seconds (don't know a strat, working on it).

My character has level 140 with ~32k hp, 88-90 maxres, 290-310 res (for T14+ with it's -100 pierce penalty), 12k blood thorns damage on character page.

It's the fast moving & slow killing immortal badass (you can afk on T10 lab in a pack of few Erinies) - thanks to regen 4k hp/sec.

Talents:
1st window:
Vessel of retribution - 1
Rapture - all the rest points when others skills learned
Solstice and equinox - 1

2nd window:
Posession - 16
Sanguine covenant - supermax
Tainted blood - supermax
Stormlord - supermax
Everything near - 1

3rd window:
Superbeast - 1
Divine apparition - 1p
Blessed life - to 50% DR cap or supermax

Gear:
Weapon:
Dux Infernum
Dux Infernum
War Axe (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (115 - 128) to (140 - 156)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 581
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.18 per Strength)%
+30 Second Cooldown to Jinn
15% Chance to cast level 60 Jinn on Melee Attack
+(4 to 5) to All Skills
+(150 to 180)% Enhanced Damage
Adds 1000-2000 fire damage
0.5% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+1 to Jinn
+200% to Summoned Minion Life
Maximum Cold Resist -2%
+200 Life on Attack
Socketed (6)
- Jinnies REALLY can tank, it's good / fire damage
Shield:
Orationis Tenebris
Orationis Tenebris
Rondache (Sacred)

Defense: (3669 - 4503) to (4048 - 4968)
Chance to Block: 2%
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 440
Item Level: 105
Sanguine Covenant Regenerates 3.5% of Maximum Life per Second
+(2 to 3) to Paladin Skill Levels
40% Hit Recovery
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
- your way to immortality
Rings:
Empyrean Glory
Empyrean Glory
Ring (Sacred)

Required Level: 50
Item Level: 120
1% Chance to cast level 26 Singularity on Kill
(6 to 10)% to All Attributes
Increase Maximum Life and Mana 15%
15% Gold Find
x2 - all stats / hit points
Amulet:
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Klaatu Barada Nikto
Amulet (Sacred)

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 105
10% Chance to cast level 40 Nova Bomb on Melee Attack
+2 to All Skills
25% Attack Speed
Adds 1-375 lightning damage
+650 poison damage over 2 seconds
Stun Attack
+(11 to 16) to Hive
Lightning Resist +(40 to 50)%
Poison Resist +(40 to 50)%
50% Enhanced Damage vs. Necrobots
- Hive oSkill / Necrobot killer / Resistances
Belt:
Doomcloud Spine
Doomcloud Spine
Henchmen Trophies Set
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 4089 to 4479
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 606
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Vitality
+50 to Vitality
Maximum Lightning Resist +2%
Socketed (2)
Lightning Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 lightning damage (3 Items)
+5 Lightning Absorb (4 Items)


Boots:
Fangskin Scales
Fangskin Scales
Henchmen Trophies Set
Greaves (Sacred)

Defense: 2481 to 2799
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 595
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+25% to Poison Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Energy
+50 to Energy
Maximum Poison Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Poison Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 magic damage (3 Items)
+5 Magic Absorb (4 Items)


Gloves:
Stareye's Claws
Stareye's Claws
Henchmen Trophies Set
Gauntlets (Sacred)

Defense: 1674 to 1959
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Cold Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Dexterity
+50 to Dexterity
Maximum Cold Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Cold Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 cold damage (3 Items)
+5 Cold Absorb (4 Items)


Helm:
Blackskull's Horns
Blackskull's Horns
Henchmen Trophies Set
Crown (Sacred)

Defense: 4437 to 4914
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 606
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+25% to Fire Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+200% Enhanced Defense
15% to Strength
+50 to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +2%
Socketed (4)
Fire Resist +30% (2 Items)
Adds 200-300 fire damage (3 Items)
+5 Fire Absorb (4 Items)


Body: Natasha RW with +5 max res

Sockets:
Weapon: 1 indestructible then x5 Ohm runes
Body: x6 Xis rune for RW
The rest: max res if needed (p-gems or
Zann Esu's Stone
Zann Esu's Stone
Jewel (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 115
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
5% Cast Speed
+3% to Spell Damage
Maximum Fire Resist +1%
) then Ohm runes

MO:
Weapon: Attack rating x5 then fire damage the rest
The rest: fire damage then flat vitality
Jewelry: fire damage then damage reduction then something else
Some mana on attack somewhere

A lot of upgrade possibilities here, but character builded this way can burn T12 almost brainlessly (it can tank ALL ATTACKS of Unstable anomaly!!!) and has some semi-hard times on T15.
Remember: it's not for damage but for immortality and lazy killing.

Edit: killing just one Ghabard or Anomaly in around 8-10 minutes - it's normal. We've come for lazy journey.

Farm build is A LOT differents: the glasscanon with 200% movespeed, godly dps and nullified survivability, but it's another story.


It's good to see more players climbing labs with success as UHM, but the consensus seems to be that it's a terribly slow Sovereign killer but a safe tanky wave clearer (which is why I've been recommending pairing UHM with someone who can deal better dps). m0rp3x did a similar build this season except utilized more Honorific crafts instead and has the same issue you did taking 7-10 minutes to kill Anomaly but it can survive the entirety of his Flamestrike because of his 40k hp pool. Phoboss on the other hand was literally 10+ minute per kill and mistake can cost you your life - not the ideal Phoboss killer. Don't stand on his pulsing ground-ice attacks but if you want to face-tank him, it is possible but requires 92-96 max cold res (depending on the tier), a lot of life (40k-50k achievable with Natalays Mo'd w/ Periapt and a few Honorifics with more Periapt and vit) and just buff with Vindicate/Tainted Blood).

I mean it's nice to tank Phoboss and not care about his attacks but the DPS is so bad that it's unfortunately not a very reliable solo rifter but good for duos.
Captcha
Vampiress
37 | 3
Thanks for the builds Elendilli and Crescent.

Crescent - it would be good to see the farming build you mentioned, if you have time to post it.

BTW why do people max Tainted Blood when the diminishing returns seem quite severe? By the time I've put 10 points in it, it's only reducing the time taken for regen (of 100% life) by 0.6 seconds.
User avatar
Crash
Nihlathak
6314 | 262
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Captcha wrote:Thanks for the builds Elendilli and Crescent.

Crescent - it would be good to see the farming build you mentioned, if you have time to post it.

BTW why do people max Tainted Blood when the diminishing returns seem quite severe? By the time I've put 10 points in it, it's only reducing the time taken for regen (of 100% life) by 0.6 seconds.


added defense and poison resist as well.
User avatar
Melatonina
Cog
232 | -14
Now playing with Malthael's set, I still have mana issues on bosses, anyone else have this problem too ?
I'm using a few manaleech jewels but doesn't seem to work well.
1 pt blood thorns btw
Captcha
Vampiress
37 | 3
Crash wrote:added defense and poison resist as well.

Well, yes, but at 10 hard points and +17 skills I get 88% poison resist from the skill, added to the other charms etc means I have 235% PR without any gems needed.


People also said in this thread that defence is not the major source of survival for the build (regen is) so I've not been looking at the defence from TB as a reason to spend extra points in it (I could put in another 18 points at level 120 atm).

Ofc not being "major" source of survival doesn't necessarily mean that defence is useless, so maybe TB is just a better choice than other places to spend these points...

BTW I'm not saying you're wrong (since I don't know the best build!), I'm just discussing and trying to understand the thinking.
User avatar
Elendilli
Monkey King
281 | 12
Captcha wrote:
Crash wrote:added defense and poison resist as well.

Well, yes, but at 10 hard points and +17 skills I get 88% poison resist from the skill, added to the other charms etc means I have 235% PR without any gems needed.


People also said in this thread that defence is not the major source of survival for the build (regen is) so I've not been looking at the defence from TB as a reason to spend extra points in it (I could put in another 18 points at level 120 atm).

Ofc not being "major" source of survival doesn't necessarily mean that defence is useless, so maybe TB is just a better choice than other places to spend these points...

BTW I'm not saying you're wrong (since I don't know the best build!), I'm just discussing and trying to understand the thinking.


you don't have to max it if you want to allocate skills somewhere else. i would recommend a decent amount of points in the skill though
User avatar
Crash
Nihlathak
6314 | 262
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Melatonina wrote:Now playing with Malthael's set, I still have mana issues on bosses, anyone else have this problem too ?
I'm using a few manaleech jewels but doesn't seem to work well.
1 pt blood thorns btw


mana leech doesnt work for spells. only for weapon damage. you'll want Mana on Attack.
User avatar
Melatonina
Cog
232 | -14
But blood thorns is an attack ? and I dont have any mana/attack with the zod jewels socketed in every slots
User avatar
Elendilli
Monkey King
281 | 12
mystic orbs have mana on attack for weapons (check shops)