Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -17
Istaryu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:
The best zone to find giant's knuckle is to farm kurast 3k since it has drop bias for rings. You can also get hammerfist and lacuni here, so it's a good place to farm all around. I found two petulants this season, one in duncraig and one in faustinville. However, the best zone to get it is duncraig. Faustinville is not a really good place to farm anything. You can think of it as a worse version of k3k since it drops shrines and jewelry, but will take longer to clear.

Most of the good rings, amulets and jewels drop only from 120+ monsters, including giants knuckle, and your best chance of finding them is fauzt. The drops are similar there to k3k, without the sets, but you can find the best jewellery there, and sssus also. Not to mention k3k will give you next to no xp.

Their position within the table dictates what variation they come as (SU is leftmost, SSU is center (rightmost in a 2 column arrangement), and SSSU is rightmost (in a 3 column arrangement), jewelry not included).

It seems like I misunderstood the documentation. I thought jewelry don't have ssu and sssu variants and can drop anywhere. If I recall correctly, I got a giant's knuckle in k3k when I used to play single player, but I may be wrong. In that case, faustinvile is much better. I'll correct the information on this, in any case.

Crash wrote:One big concern I'd ask is why are you going for stuff like Lacuni Cowl elemental type helmet of sorts, but you generally say to stack dex/physical damage. You should replace Lacuni with Witchunter's set cap as a midgame transition into something like Royal Circlet or Asgardsreia (5% arrow proc on striking is big + 40% dex + 4 amethysts, 60% dex on a helm is really big)

Because most of the lacuni's damage comes from filling it with
Crystal of Tears
Crystal of Tears
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Armor to Add Bonus
Adds 7-12 Damage
-2% to Maximum Life
+10 Required Level
, damage which is scaled by dexterity. My lacuni provides almost 2k maximum damage for me, which is around 20% of my total damage and that is without dexterity gems. I already mentioned
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+150% Damage to Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
being a better option for players if they don't have access to several crystal of tears. And no, neither royal circlet or asgardsreia is better as either defensive or offensive items compared to a lacuni filled with crystal of tears as an endgame option. I believe asgardsreia is better than lacuni though if you don't have access to unique mystic orbs, though. I'll update this info in the guide.

Glamdring26 wrote:Side note: "kurast 3k since it has drop bias for rings", not it doesnt. It only has "Increased chance to drop set items and shrines."

Maybe the documentation is outdated, but I definitely find a lot of amulets and rings in k3k compared to lets say tran athulua or duncraig which have no drop bias for amulets and rings either. On the contrary, you should find more unique amulets and rings in TA, but that's not the case, not in the slightest. I know I'm not in the wrong here since I farmed k3k so much I have 6 akarat trophies.
Melatonina
Banned
246 | -16
farm k3k instead of fauzt, bro know it all :coolstorybob:
Istaryu
Mangler
498 | -12
Celestialray wrote:
Their position within the table dictates what variation they come as (SU is leftmost, SSU is center (rightmost in a 2 column arrangement), and SSSU is rightmost (in a 3 column arrangement), jewelry not included).

Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -17
Istaryu wrote:
Celestialray wrote:

That's a really poorly worded statement. You can understand anything from that. I understood jewelry is not included in this variation of su/ssu/sssu, so I assumed they can drop anywhere.
Orr
Monkey King
274 | 6
curare+
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6800 - 7552) to (8249 - 9162)
Required Strength: 614
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 poison damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Enhanced Weapon Damage +(41 to 50)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Attack
(31 to 40)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
Socketed (6)
why u do not recomend any of those? as opcional provides a great dps ofc u gonna lost a bit of hp due paragon, but the result is great.
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -17
Orr wrote:curare+
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6800 - 7552) to (8249 - 9162)
Required Strength: 614
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 poison damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Enhanced Weapon Damage +(41 to 50)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Attack
(31 to 40)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
Socketed (6)
why u do not recomend any of those? as opcional provides a great dps ofc u gonna lost a bit of hp due paragon, but the result is great.

A bit of hp? Try half of your whole life pool. Paragon is mandatory in faustinvile or you'll be constantly entering hit recovery from necrobots. Curare is only good in low zones such as k3k, but after getting decent gear, curare becomes pretty meaningless. That being said, I still added scales and explained the synergy.
thismenu
Dark Huntress
11 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I use Spirit of Vengeance, Maxed Elementals, and for attack I use only Phalanx. It's not a great boss killer, but I clear Fauzt pretty well. Just get your increased cast speed to the breakpoint and get some life steal and you are all set. It's a VERY cheap build.
Crash
Lion Skull the Bent
6463 | 263
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You will eventually get to the point of not needing Paragon, which is why Orr mentioned curare/sots because you'll be clearing offscreen/edge of screen before things can really attack you + leech and laek to sustain. You'll be around 9-10k with curare setup towards 125-130+
Orr
Monkey King
274 | 6
Celestialray wrote:A bit of hp? Try half of your whole life pool. Paragon is mandatory in faustinvile or you'll be constantly entering hit recovery from necrobots. Curare is only good in low zones such as k3k, but after getting decent gear, curare becomes pretty meaningless. That being said, I still added scales and explained the synergy.

meaningless? its amazing friend, specialy for boss if u put some nef runes for the poison duration its a great combo with phalanx/rapid wyrmshot.
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -17
Crash wrote:You will eventually get to the point of not needing Paragon, which is why Orr mentioned curare/sots because you'll be clearing offscreen/edge of screen before things can really attack you + leech and laek to sustain. You'll be around 9-10k with curare setup towards 125-130+

Why would you need poison damage if the enemies die offscreen in about 0.3 seconds to wyrmshot? I tried curare. Even with some investment into poison pierce, it's not worth it. In k3k, you kill everything fast enough. Sure, maybe you can get an extra 1min per clear of an entire k3k, but being specced into curare isn't worth it because you can't farm faustinvile without having at least 15-16k+ hp due to the necrobots perma locking you in hit recovery. Getting to 16k hp without paragon is very hard on bowzon without specific investment.

I think curare is decent in triune due to the golems being physical resistant. You wouldn't have to switch to barrage to clear them, which is nice.

Orr wrote:meaningless? its amazing friend, specialy for boss if u put some nef runes for the poison duration its a great combo with phalanx/rapid wyrmshot.

Maybe there are bosses you could kill a bit faster with curare, but it's about having the means to respec each time you pick curare since paragon is a must in faustinville and some other areas in the game.

Remember, we have low weapon damage modifier on our skills (except phalanx), so poison will be subjected to that modifier.