Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Crash
Lion Skull the Bent
6417 | 262
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I don't disagree Paragon is a great choice, but as you move along, it becomes unnecessary as you're already killing and sustaining well enough that you can just spec for more damage and do just as well. I haven't read every detail in the guide, but you should definitely consider reanimates somewhere if possible, even if its just 1 hidden craft or blessing on another item. Reanimates can take a lot of hits and distract mobs.

Anyways, you don't even need to invest into poison pierce for curare.
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (6800 - 7552) to (8249 - 9162)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 614
Item Level: 105
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 poison damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Enhanced Weapon Damage +(41 to 50)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Attack
(31 to 40)% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
Socketed (6)
is -35% on top of the ~65-70% you already get from the bow passive. If you're building for elemental damage already, you should easily add Curare in for effectiveness. You still hit an amount of poison damage per hit, which is what most people forget about since they think its just slow damage over time. It's a comfortable direct increase in damage.

(I don't think many people are telling you that you're wrong in how you built your own character, most people are just asking if you've checked other possibilities that may have worked well for them. -- example, I made a crossbow amazon with nothing but curare and physical damage and cleared on par as my full endgame bowzon last season, before the big bowzon passive and curare buff, even if you attack slightly slower, you still kill the same rate because more damage per hit).

Just giving you some information or options to consider. It's part of writing guides is to accept comments and say "Yea, that could work well, I'll look into it and test it out" or if not, "It didn't work well for me or at least not the style of build I'm demonstrating". Some people, sure, they're being a bit aggressive or maybe insulting towards you on these comment pages I've seen, but gotta be level-headed. Feel free to ask around publicly or PMs if you have questions
Celestialray
Mangler
450 | -11
Crash wrote:You still hit an amount of poison damage per hit, which is what most people forget about since they think its just slow damage over time. It's a comfortable direct increase in damage.

I actually didn't know that. Curare is great in k3k, but I'm more worried about faustinvile where you need a certain amount of health to be able to not enter hit recovery from necrobots. And you definitely need paragon in labyrinth. It's just too good assuming you're using max resist gems.
casually1987
Thunder Beetle
56 | 1
Thanks for your help, I've made some intimdating/abandoned stag bows and I'm not sure which one is better. i burned through like 15 full shrines and ran out so went with abandoned next.
bow 1

or bow 2 Image

also I made better boots/sash/

they aren't perfect but they work ok for now.

Can I make a good quiver somehow? or should I just keep farming Duncraig for rares. I still get destroyed in Fauntz probly due to my low physical resist.
Celestialray
Mangler
450 | -11
Nothing wrong with hybrid bows and the first one is really good cause it also has a good proc.

Belt is nice, but you'll want a belt that has more flat dexterity. You can get one with 60+ dex after blessing and 85+ with mystic orbs keep crafting that slot. Same goes with boots.

You can't craft rare quivers, but you can wear a
Hanabigami
Hanabigami
Arrow Quiver

Required Level: 60
Item Level: 80
1% Chance to cast level 36 Forked Lightning on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 36 Flamefront on Striking
1% Chance to cast level 36 Ice Lance on Striking
Adds 25-50 fire damage
Adds 25-50 lightning damage
Adds 25-50 cold damage
-(1 to 10)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
-15 to Vitality
until a good rare drops for you. Quivers don't have bias anywhere (except cow level, but cow level is pretty bad for everything else). I get quivers consistently in k3k, not so much in duncraig.
Crash
Lion Skull the Bent
6417 | 262
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
first bow is definitely the better one + it has to add 6x perfect skulls still, and has no mystic orbs added yet. That's a really good bow
Glamdring26
Grubber
330 | 19
Common Guide Badge
It would make a lot of people happier, if you can use screenshot of items instead of picture of your monitor.

Also for the next time, people posting pictures of their items to say "which one is better", should crop the image so that we only see the item and not 3 full screenshots.
Celestialray
Mangler
450 | -11
Glamdring26 wrote:It would make a lot of people happier, if you can use screenshot of items instead of picture of your monitor.

Also for the next time, people posting pictures of their items to say "which one is better", should crop the image so that we only see the item and not 3 full screenshots.

Yes, it's not ideal. It's because screenshots on glider don't work for some reason. My screenshots are just black. I hope the next patch fixes this or I'll just find another way.
Glamdring26
Grubber
330 | 19
Common Guide Badge
Celestialray wrote:
Glamdring26 wrote:It would make a lot of people happier, if you can use screenshot of items instead of picture of your monitor.

Yes, it's not ideal. It's because screenshots on glider don't work for some reason. My screenshots are just black. I hope the next patch fixes this or I'll just find another way.

I think you can overcome this by making game windowed.
a321333
Monkey King
264 | -1
where can get Marksman's Eye??
Istaryu
Mangler
477 | -11
a321333 wrote:where can get Marksman's Eye??

Literally anywhere in hell, good luck. Also Phoboss in the dimensional lab always drops unique mystic orbs and effigies.