Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Celestialray
Mangler
458 | -20
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
a321333 wrote:If my aska bow EWD is max . What kinds perfect jewel inside is good?

Perfect skulls always for paragon.
Captcha
Balrog
133 | 3
Hmmm I had this guide open for a while, then I upvoted the OP, refreshed the browser and... he'd deleted it all so now it just says "Don't play bowzon". ;-|

What did you do that for? It was a decent guide, just needed a bit of adjusting to include the feedback.
Vodkaxxl
Imp
5 | 0
Where is the guide dissapeared ?
dammitqt
Skeleton
2 | 0
That guide was awesome, is there any chance you bringing it back?
fuppy
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
opsayo
Prowler
19 | 0
Marco wrote:I think as a guide, one of the goals should be to get people to get the furthest with as much self-found gear as possible. Askar is a good bow, but you don't want to create a bad habit or dependency neglecting phalanx. Even with access to askar, phalanx is still better for most bosses, except belial/qt at best.

Phalanx doesn't create any major screen clutter if you aim properly, which is also how you deliver the most damage. It may take some practice, but you essentially have to position yourself in a bottom-left to upper-right diagonal axis respective to boss. Two big advantages from phalanx vs rapid wyrm, is it doesn't care about adds (i.e. Xazax) and it deals damage over time, so you can move at the same time you deal damage. This makes for a poetic synergy with spellbind, another great skill that isn't mentioned enough (probably because no phalanx). I definetly think you should do another go using phalanx, the boss section would look a lot "greener".

Kabraxis is pretty easy if you use barrage, just need to run in circles until boss is dead.

Also, hellreach not mentioned? ;-|

How many points would you recommend to put into phalanx?
Captcha
Balrog
133 | 3
Celestialray wrote:I temporarily deleted this guide because I didn't feel it was fair for players since it's semi false advertisement as this build can run lab, but it is definitely not one of the best builds for lab.

When you say "not one of the best builds for lab" are you saying that bowzon class is not best for labs or that this particular build of bowzon isn't best?

I've seen some people saying bowzon is top in labs, so I'm a bit confused. If not this, then which build/class is good?

P.S. Glad to see the guide back :thumb:
Celestialray
Mangler
458 | -20
Common Popularity Badge
I think I'm still #1 on amazon ladder and I was struggling a lot in t13-14 due to having very little ehp compared to top builds. For example, druid has an excellent scaling due to lifeshield providing a ton of flat hp that IS increased by increases to life, while paragon can't be influenced by %vit or by %life. In consequence, we cap our hp at around 18k with great gear that doesn't necessarily focuses on hp. Take in consideration that paragon has diminishing returns and will provide at most 2 vit per gem per level later on, which translates to ~100 hp with full gem gear. Druid's lifeshield grants 100 flat hp per level, which is increased by increases to max life, so with good gear you can get as much as 200 hp per point. The fact that lifeshield provides an absurd of defense bonus doesn't help the amazon case at all. Bowzon has 0 defense or you will need to not use ef, but lose a good chunk of magic damage, ms and 1 attack speed frame. Magic missile zon is so much stronger cause she can get 5% free max res only from shield and weapon and at the same time, her ehp isn't limited by paragon and can focus on flat and percentage life increases.

As an attack build in lab, bowzon is pretty average lending to bad. Also take into consideration that there are significantly worse builds out there that can't run high lab tiers at all due to some nonsensical affixes on red stones. Which is not surprising because devs would rather create new content for vikan and a handful of other players than balance the classes for the entirety playerbase.
Captcha
Balrog
133 | 3
I'm guessing this would be trap rat druid for labs since I've not heard great things about bow or caster druid?

What are the top builds for labs atm?
Celestialray
Mangler
458 | -20
Common Popularity Badge
Trap rat is great because it has great ehp scaling, actually has defense, built in skill that scales ewd for free (both from hard and soft points). Bear is also extremely strong. Despite being melee, it has insane damage output.