Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Stereox
Cog
230 | 3
opsayo wrote:
Marco wrote:I think as a guide, one of the goals should be to get people to get the furthest with as much self-found gear as possible. Askar is a good bow, but you don't want to create a bad habit or dependency neglecting phalanx. Even with access to askar, phalanx is still better for most bosses, except belial/qt at best.

Phalanx doesn't create any major screen clutter if you aim properly, which is also how you deliver the most damage. It may take some practice, but you essentially have to position yourself in a bottom-left to upper-right diagonal axis respective to boss. Two big advantages from phalanx vs rapid wyrm, is it doesn't care about adds (i.e. Xazax) and it deals damage over time, so you can move at the same time you deal damage. This makes for a poetic synergy with spellbind, another great skill that isn't mentioned enough (probably because no phalanx). I definetly think you should do another go using phalanx, the boss section would look a lot "greener".

Kabraxis is pretty easy if you use barrage, just need to run in circles until boss is dead.

Also, hellreach not mentioned? ;-|

How many points would you recommend to put into phalanx?

14 or 15 where the cooldown becomes 0
Xevora
Skeleton
3 | 0
I'm at level 111 and have all the early game gear with a few middle game bits. So far I've always been super low on mana. As soon as I start casting wyrmshot, I'm at 0 mana in less than 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong? All the increases to attack speed become pointless, if I cannot keep casting due to mana shortage.
Jammy
Grubber
322 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Xevora wrote:I'm at level 111 and have all the early game gear with a few middle game bits. So far I've always been super low on mana. As soon as I start casting wyrmshot, I'm at 0 mana in less than 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong? All the increases to attack speed become pointless, if I cannot keep casting due to mana shortage.

Use a ber rune to craft jewels with mana leech (not too many cos you'll lose too much benefit from paragon), get some mana regen on your jewelry, and/or get an endless loop belt with mana on striking
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -18
Xevora wrote:I'm at level 111 and have all the early game gear with a few middle game bits. So far I've always been super low on mana. As soon as I start casting wyrmshot, I'm at 0 mana in less than 5 seconds. Am I doing something wrong? All the increases to attack speed become pointless, if I cannot keep casting due to mana shortage.

Mana leech problems are solved when you get enough damage and the two mana leech charms (legacy of blood and horazon's focus). Until then, you can mo 1-3 mana leech into your bow, if you think you'll replace it anytime soon. I did that on every bow I had until I got charms because mana leech sources are very rare in this game at TU level for some reason.

Mana will run out if you use rapid wyrmshot though because wyrmshot mana cost was increased recently for some not so wise balancing reasoning. Same goes with regular wyrmshot, which is more mana intensive actually (duh, they increased mana cost of regular wyrmshot but forgot about rapid wyrmshot. Is that the loophole needed to complete t15 lab? Of course not, but just have fun)
MikeyD87
Balrog
130 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to craft a sacred Stag Bow, but it doesn't show dmg - is this because its all elemental only?
Is this craft any good?Image
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -18
MikeyD87 wrote:Hi Guys,

I'm trying to craft a sacred Stag Bow, but it doesn't show dmg - is this because its all elemental only?
Is this craft any good?Image

Yes, it s elemental only. You want to craft a reflex for physical damage. I suggest you use a physical damage bow instead of elemental because you actually have sustain
wydante
Destroyer
7 | 0
How you guys have all that TG? :(
dammitqt
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hey guys!

I know creator didnt say anything about Hellreach, but i've seen it mentioned a few times.

What should you change in build to make Hellreach worth using?
kendoka
Destroyer
6 | 0
I came back to median after i stopped playing back in 2013. Went for bowzon for fast farming and got to hell with basic T4 gear. I have mainly 3 concerns with the build: anything that breathes your way kills you no matter what (i'm at 8k hp, max res); leech is not enough to sustain mana and hp (22% hp leech and 35% mana leech and i'm always short on mana or can't sustain life); got 2 ripstar rings, they're amazing to boost damage, equipped a decent crafted short war bow with knife throw on striking -> damage still feels crap and leech vs small crowds is not enough. Tbh i don't know what to think, I understand that running with 0 defense makes offence the best defense but if i cant farm there's no gear progression (even with 340+ MF i dropped 1 SU in 4 TA runs that took an eternity because if they see you you're basically dead and in K3K in 3 runs got no set drops...). Right now i'm doing Nih-runs in hell for stat signets but i'll probably go back to nightmare since i can't kill shit fast enough to not die to fucking shamans spawning 10000 faerie rings. I feel stuck in a stupid loop and can't get out of it and with /p8 option gone single player is going to take forever to get any gear besides crafts.