Bowzon

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -18
dammitqt wrote:Hey guys!

I know creator didnt say anything about Hellreach, but i've seen it mentioned a few times.

What should you change in build to make Hellreach worth using?

Firstly, you must use spirit of vengeance since it grants an absurd amount of damage. In consequence, you will no longer have paragon and will afford to stack % life and flat life. So, you'll have to give up on lacuni filled with crystal of tears since that will greatly reduce your life. I'm not sure about specific gear, but there are pieces that you can use on hellreach as well, such as hammerfist, giant knuckles. You'll probably get more damage from a honorific belt and boots, but I'm not entirely certain.

Secondly, if you're basing your gear on hellreach that means you will not afford to use askarbydd at its full power and so you will not have access to rapid wyrmshot, which is crucial in higher tier labs since it allows us to have great single target damage at distance. Regular wyrmshot scales badly with labyrinth and barrage needs you to be close to the enemies, which is extremely risky in higher labs. The conclusion is that hellreach is bad in labyrinth, not only because of that, but also because it's significantly more expensive to gear up for lab because you no longer get health from gems, but you're going to use gems anyway for max resists unless you have absolutely insane gear like 3 archbishop laz trophies (or tyrael's might) and even then you'll use some.

But hellreach is better and much cheaper (at least later in league) than regular bowzon. Depends on your goals I guess.

kendoka wrote:I came back to median after i stopped playing back in 2013. Went for bowzon for fast farming and got to hell with basic T4 gear. I have mainly 3 concerns with the build: anything that breathes your way kills you no matter what (i'm at 8k hp, max res); leech is not enough to sustain mana and hp (22% hp leech and 35% mana leech and i'm always short on mana or can't sustain life); got 2 ripstar rings, they're amazing to boost damage, equipped a decent crafted short war bow with knife throw on striking -> damage still feels crap and leech vs small crowds is not enough. Tbh i don't know what to think, I understand that running with 0 defense makes offence the best defense but if i cant farm there's no gear progression (even with 340+ MF i dropped 1 SU in 4 TA runs that took an eternity because if they see you you're basically dead and in K3K in 3 runs got no set drops...). Right now i'm doing Nih-runs in hell for stat signets but i'll probably go back to nightmare since i can't kill shit fast enough to not die to fucking shamans spawning 10000 faerie rings. I feel stuck in a stupid loop and can't get out of it and with /p8 option gone single player is going to take forever to get any gear besides crafts.

8k is pretty low. You should be sitting at 10k+ hp if you picked paragon or spirit of vengeance. I suggest you use paragon until you get some better gear (if you do intend to change your uberskill). Other than that, bowzon is pretty much a glass cannon so you should be killing stuff very fast before they get a chance to kill you, at least until later in game (as in after you get most of your charms).

22%hp and 35% mana leech is an absurd amount and should easily top you, at least the mana. This doesn't seem right at all. Other than that, I suggest you craft a reflex bow whenever you get the chance and aim for +300 max dmg and 200% ed. That's the kind of bow you want to use for lategame.

k3k 3 runs with no sets on 340% mf is extremely unlucky. You should grind k3k until you get your signet cap. If you play single player, you should find significantly more items.
kendoka
Destroyer
6 | 0
Celestialray wrote:8k is pretty low. You should be sitting at 10k+ hp if you picked paragon or spirit of vengeance. I suggest you use paragon until you get some better gear (if you do intend to change your uberskill). Other than that, bowzon is pretty much a glass cannon so you should be killing stuff very fast before they get a chance to kill you, at least until later in game (as in after you get most of your charms).

22%hp and 35% mana leech is an absurd amount and should easily top you, at least the mana. This doesn't seem right at all. Other than that, I suggest you craft a reflex bow whenever you get the chance and aim for +300 max dmg and 200% ed. That's the kind of bow you want to use for lategame.

k3k 3 runs with no sets on 340% mf is extremely unlucky. You should grind k3k until you get your signet cap. If you play single player, you should find significantly more items.

I am indeed using paragon, maybe need to lvl a bit more.
I'll try k3k again and see what happens, need signets and shrines to craft... Hopefully i'll finally drop a reflex bow i can craft.

Ty for teh reply.
Eltrius
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
can you explain better how petulant and crafted bow with tantrum works? i already droped petulant and also last crafted bow got with tantrum but honestly don't know how that mechanic works
Crash
Lion Skull the Bent
6506 | 264
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Eltrius wrote:can you explain better how petulant and crafted bow with tantrum works? i already droped petulant and also last crafted bow got with tantrum but honestly don't know how that mechanic works

you dont need to use tantrum with petulant, its arleady a decent armor for phys bowzon, but otherwise you just do what it says on the armor.. "while tantrum is active, you get these stats"
Istaryu
Djinn
549 | -3
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dammitqt wrote:Hey guys!

I know creator didnt say anything about Hellreach, but i've seen it mentioned a few times.

What should you change in build to make Hellreach worth using?

Hellreach is just a very cheap option, since you can use full honorfic gear with it mo'd with flat phys, fire and magic spell dmg, and magic find (and fhr as needed), socket them with perfect rubies, and you have a very decent farming build. Get dex and str for items, rest in vitality, and you can bless your honorfic items with a quiet shrine for more vitality, at least thats what i recommend. Mo your hellreach with some life leech (and mana if needed), and sustain wont be a problem either. You can use a wind runners as boots, its a really great option, as it gives some life leech, and some ar, which you need with this build, not to mention the huge physical dmg.

If you have the funds, then dont use hellreach, other builds have higher potential.
darklcd
Prowler
19 | 3
Eltrius wrote:can you explain better how petulant and crafted bow with tantrum works? i already droped petulant and also last crafted bow got with tantrum but honestly don't know how that mechanic works

IMO if you want to use the active part of petulant it works best in a bossing build with phalanx. You basically use tantrum every 3-4 secs and spam phalanx in between tantrums. Throw on a
Deviant Crown
Deviant Crown
Einherjar Helm (Sacred)

Defense: 1958 to 2106
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 60
Required Dexterity: 534
Item Level: 120
If you have No Devotion Skills:
+50% Cast Speed
+100% Magic Find
+33% Deadly Strike
+25% Physical Resist
+600 Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+600 Strength Factor to Spell Damage
+(4 to 5) to Amazon Skill Levels
+100% Enhanced Defense
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Socketed (4)
and it’s pretty damn good.
Giaosuxomlieu
Imp
4 | 0
I'm newbie and i'm very interested in Bowzon. My char is 108lvl and i dont know how to find the mid-end game gear. I've read the guide but i dont know if they can be crafted, such as askarbydd or any SU item.
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -18

You need to use tantrum and switch to your main skill every 3-4 seconds, depending on how long the tantrum lasts. A lot of skill switching, but I believe it's worth it since you can get up to 20% deadly strike and 120 maximum damage, which is pretty huge.
Eltrius
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Oh i get it, Just need practice and Another tantrum bow, that Just gonna be if want more damage since dunc and k3k can farm easy, the only problem now is fautz, need more gear and dmg
Celestialray
Mangler
459 | -18
Eltrius wrote:Oh i get it, Just need practice and Another tantrum bow, that Just gonna be if want more damage since dunc and k3k can farm easy, the only problem now is fautz, need more gear and dmg

Also take into consideration that if you have ~17k hp and 50% physical damage reduction you no longer get put into hit recovery animation by necrobots, so you can continuously attack and leech through the damage. It's a huge clear speed improvement