Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hello good day, I made this Info Topic to collect information about all kinds of mercenaries here in MXL especially for people that wants to choose their own merc and for new players. I gathered max base stats and skills of Mercs when characters reached level 150 (Names are randomized per game):
Note: This is a work in progress info topic. Some of the skills might get outdated and has no pics due to can't seem to find sources yet, any help will be appreciated including builds for mercs maybe.
For further info, Please visit: https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/class/hirelings

Click on the image to navigate:
Image Image Image Image
Act 1 Merc | Act 2 Merc | Act 3 Merc | Act 5 Merc

Act 1 Mercenary

Equippable Weapons:
► Show Items

Ranger

Skills:

► Cascade

► Arrowside

► War Spirit

Attributes:

Priestess

Skills:

► Spore Shot

► Vindicate

Attributes:

Act 2 Mercenary

back to topImage

Equippable Weapons:
► Show Items

Exemplar

Skills:

► Jab

► Retaliate

Attributes:

Fighter Mage

Skills:

► Jab

► Blood Thorns

► Fortress

► Chronofield

Attributes:

Shapeshifter

Skills:

► Jab

► Bloodlust

► Pounce

Attributes:

Act 3 Mercenary

back to topImage

Equippable Weapons:
► Show Items

Bloodmage

Skills:

► Pyroblast

► Graveyard

Attributes:

Necrolyte

Skills:

► Hunting Banshee

► Miasma

Attributes:

Abjurer

Skills:

► Forked Lightning

► Singularity

► Superbeast

Attributes:

Act 5 Mercenary

back to topImage

Equippable Weapons:
► Show Items

Barbarian

Skills:

► Wraithsword

► Thunder Slam

Attributes:

Tips:
Seekers wrote:your merc uses your magic find + his magic find when he kills something (but only on his kills).

Build Guides: (New and Old Versions):
BoneSpirit wrote:Vietnamese - Ultimate Merc Guide

Patch 1.5.0

Will update soon. Thanks for viewing!
Edited by InvokeList 3 years.
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
This is a nice collection of data, but it's not really a guide. All of the information you posted can be found elsewhere and you didn't contribute anything new. It would be nice if you could get specific numerical data on stats and skills along with a description of their usefulness and a gif. Recommended mercs for each situation and a gear section would be helpful as well. All of this would require extensive testing, so if you plan on creating an actual guide, be well prepared before you post! I appreciate the effort... Good luck!
Edited by AzureGladiator 4 years.
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
AzureGladiator wrote:This is a nice collection of data, but it's not really a guide. All of the information you posted can be found elsewhere and you didn't contribute anything new. It would be nice if you could get specific numerical data on skills along with a description of their usefulness and a gif. Recommended mercs for each situation and a gear section would be helpful as well. All of this would require extensive testing, so if you plan on creating an actual guide, be well prepared before you post! I appreciate the effort... Good luck!

Thanks, I'm working on it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
99% sure the A1 Priestess "Pew Pew Pew" is not Limpet Laser, nor does it show cold damage in the merc sheet damage + she isn't a spell caster, so you'd have to try to figure out what skill is actually being used.

Nice information to start a guide though, it seems really bulky. Maybe there's a way to condense into shorter sections or have a navigation menu at the top to jump to certain mercs quickly. I would try to add small descriptions for each merc explaining their use, such as "Use this strong, tanky melee char for ranged chars with low defense/resists to help take aggro hits ahead of you" or something.

Good job so far, keep going.
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:99% sure the A1 Priestess "Pew Pew Pew" is not Limpet Laser, nor does it show cold damage in the merc sheet damage + she isn't a spell caster, so you'd have to try to figure out what skill is actually being used.

Nice information to start a guide though, it seems really bulky. Maybe there's a way to condense into shorter sections or have a navigation menu at the top to jump to certain mercs quickly. I would try to add small descriptions for each merc explaining their use, such as "Use this strong, tanky melee char for ranged chars with low defense/resists to help take aggro hits ahead of you" or something.

Good job so far, keep going.

Thank you, I really wanna know the skill name of it, I plan to put a navigation link at the top, but I can't seem to make it work, I'll figure it out soon.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
InvokeList wrote:I plan to put a navigation link at the top, but I can't seem to make it work, I'll figure it out soon.

First you start with setting the link up:

Type the info you want to display as the link here

then you have all this information in your guide, you will need to set a target for the link to search for, and it has to match exactly what you titled the link:

This is the text or image you will jump to after clicking the navigation menu link.

I've been able to set links like this for text as well as images (it creates a link out of whatever you put inside the navlink and /navlink tags), just be sure to set your navtarget and /navtarget properly.

(Click quote on this message to see the tags as I've written them -- Thanks suchbalance for teaching me this years ago from his well-written and coded guides). Also, maybe consult with Solfege on his Melee Sorceress guide. I believe he has a nice nav menu you can quote his guide and peek at the code he set up.
InvokeList
Thunder Beetle
54 | 15
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Crash wrote:
InvokeList wrote:I plan to put a navigation link at the top, but I can't seem to make it work, I'll figure it out soon.

First you start with setting the link up:

Type the info you want to display as the link here

then you have all this information in your guide, you will need to set a target for the link to search for, and it has to match exactly what you titled the link:

This is the text or image you will jump to after clicking the navigation menu link.

I've been able to set links like this for text as well as images (it creates a link out of whatever you put inside the navlink and /navlink tags), just be sure to set your navtarget and /navtarget properly.

(Click quote on this message to see the tags as I've written them -- Thanks suchbalance for teaching me this years ago from his well-written and coded guides). Also, maybe consult with Solfege on his Melee Sorceress guide. I believe he has a nice nav menu you can quote his guide and peek at the code he set up.

It works! Thanks a lot.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
the "cost" images could be removed as they dont provide anything useful
Elendilli
Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Should note that Superbeast on A3 merc only lasts about 10 seconds until he recasts it.
paolo12
Cog
203 | 18
Elendilli wrote:Should note that Superbeast on A3 merc only lasts about 10 seconds until he recasts it.

That's why You should use Nih runes on Mercenaries gear.