Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
metasequoia
Gravedigger
195 | 19
I've been playing this Build since some time on and off and must say, i like the idea but am unsure about execution.

I'm at 126 now and this is one of the first Chars for me who can easily do almost every boss first try. farming seems a pain right now, and i want to get to at least 130 to try out my +39%SD
Implement V.II
Implement V.II
Claws (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 42 to 44
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 120
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
-25% to Enemy Elemental Resistances for Your Traps
+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
25% Block Speed
15% Life stolen per Hit
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
+(300 to 400) Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (3)
with
Arcane Hunger
Arcane Hunger
Occult Effigy

Cube Reagent
Cube with a One Handed Weapon
with at least 15% Life Leech to Add Bonus
All Life Leech transformed to +20% Spell Damage
Item Cannot be Unsocketed
(Max 1 Use per Item)
+10 Required Level
and Oil of Conjuration.

what i don't get is the damage from shockwave trap, it seems lower than my calculations suggest.

Together with a smaxed Catalyst Trap this should look like this:

5,5k phys + (2*5,3k lightn.)=16,1k *3,9 (390% cat trap)= 62,8ktotal this seems a lot (given a lot of end game gear and trophies missing)

so what makes this build suck at farming? is there a hit delay on the trap? is it the damage radius?

from my experience, the playstyle for farming feels like a kiting ranged/caster char, even with 10s catalyst its like you place it, set traps, kill mob, and then while waiting you can run around and lure a second/third mob into the trap. most other builds can at some point stop doing this as their damage output increases, but this build is forced to continue playing like this, putting a hard time limit on killspeed. what might be an option is not to give it more specific items like
Implement V.II
Implement V.II
Claws (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 42 to 44
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 120
Required Dexterity: 400
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
-25% to Enemy Elemental Resistances for Your Traps
+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
25% Block Speed
15% Life stolen per Hit
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
+(300 to 400) Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (3)
and
Clockwork Slippers
Clockwork Slippers
Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 651 to 671
Required Level: 80
Required Strength: 500
Incineration Trap Radius Reduced by 50%
Catalyst Trap Cooldown Reduced by 10 seconds
+1 to Assassin Skill Levels
20% Cast Speed
(20 to 50)% Movement Speed
+(5 to 30)% to Spell Damage
Socketed (4)
/
Tinker's Gambit
Tinker's Gambit
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: 1187 to 1201
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 120
+1% Trap Damage per 5 Base Strength
5% Chance to cast level 30 Banish when Attacked
+3 to Assassin Skill Levels
25% Block Speed
25% Hit Recovery
Regenerate Mana +25%
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Physical Resist -5%
Socketed (4)
(have yet to find that one) or buffing them, but to put some end level scaling on the traps, like shorter catalyst timer from base level 26-30 or increased range, as you will naturally use specialization at this moment anyway. what do you think?

Also: Am i misremembering or is this build based on attack speed rather than cast speed? from my perspective, it doesn't really matter though cause arming time.
HeaT_
Rust Claw
83 | 5
i played HC trapsin last league before the buff then i play tested it after the buff and the damage is bonkers honestly. (lvl140)

i'm, wearing the trap set and scos is a breeze. now you can get away with only using catalyst on tanky mobs like the saplings or minibosses, everything else is normal trap so it feels smoother.

not really sure what's considered good clear speed in mxl, but mechanically traps will have a different flow to combat. the dps buff really helped though because it removed the catalyst dependency which slowed general clear.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
metasequoia wrote:Also: Am i misremembering or is this build based on attack speed rather than cast speed? from my perspective, it doesn't really matter though cause arming time.

Check the animation if she casts or strikes with a weapon. I remember assassin traps beings casts.
metasequoia
Gravedigger
195 | 19
Jampula wrote:
metasequoia wrote:Also: Am i misremembering or is this build based on attack speed rather than cast speed? from my perspective, it doesn't really matter though cause arming time.

Check the animation if she casts or strikes with a weapon. I remember assassin traps beings casts.

Thanks for the hint - looks like casting, fine. so a little investment in cast speed seems fine.

So, i've just hit 130 and can finally run my not to expensive early endgame-gear (note: see above). For The Sleep charm i chose Quov Tsin Trophy as budget yshari, this gives
Shamanka
Shamanka
Long Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 58
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 203
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
+(3 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(6 to 16) to Bloodlust
Maximum Life +(10 to 13)%
Fire Resist +(50 to 70)%
Lightning Resist +(50 to 70)%
Socketed (4)
Bloodlust buff an additional 3 element damage bonus. With that and Way of the Raven as an Uberskill (can someone convince me that Beacon is NOT useless please, until further notice i take the free 20+% trap damage from the same skill point investment)

This gives me a 537% bonus from subterfuge and pushes Shockwave Trap to 12,7-14,5k Damage raw. And makes me reconsider the playstyle, for now dunc and fauzt feel more fluid for farming so....

HeaT_ wrote:i played HC trapsin last league before the buff then i play tested it after the buff and the damage is bonkers honestly. (lvl140)

i'm, wearing the trap set and scos is a breeze. now you can get away with only using catalyst on tanky mobs like the saplings or minibosses, everything else is normal trap so it feels smoother.

not really sure what's considered good clear speed in mxl, but mechanically traps will have a different flow to combat. the dps buff really helped though because it removed the catalyst dependency which slowed general clear.

... thanks a lot for this perspective, as that is exactly how it feels: a little more cautious than SC gameplay. Structurally. I'm happy to see how it goes on at 130 ubers and beyond!
metasequoia
Gravedigger
195 | 19
Hello, me again.

got a fairly late game question. I'm at 141 right now and feeling good now.

NotArmory: https://tsw.vn.cz/char/sinja

what I'm thinking is how to use my skillpoints from here on.

Ideas:

Enhanced Contraption (+5 points) - is -%AR worth it? doesn't feel like except maybe for C. Barb or C. Werewolf
Shadowrush (+6 points) - is movement speed worth it? maybe but feel kinda OK already..
Domain (+2 points) - don't know if i need the extra reach, 1 pt seems to bridge all the gaps, also Teleport oSkill (which is worse than Blink)
Chemistry (+5 points) - better potions seems nicest right now
Blink (+x points) - for lower cooldown but I'm aiming for
Relic (Blink)
Relic
(Random class Only)
Required Level: 75
Blink Restores Stamina If You Have a Point in Summon Familiars
Blink Cooldown Reduced by 0.5 seconds
+(12 to 23) to Blink
so maybe not needed?
Endurance (+x points) - more life good sure
Pinnacle (6+ points) - does it even work and is it worth it?

what do you think?
Robeezy91
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
metasequoia wrote:Hello, me again.

Ideas:

Enhanced Contraption (+5 points) - is -%AR worth it? doesn't feel like except maybe for C. Barb or C. Werewolf
Shadowrush (+6 points) - is movement speed worth it? maybe but feel kinda OK already..
Domain (+2 points) - don't know if i need the extra reach, 1 pt seems to bridge all the gaps, also Teleport oSkill (which is worse than Blink)
Relic (Blink)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(12 to 23) to Blink
so maybe not needed?

what do you think?

Use essence of time for teleport, 2sec cooldown after level 130 with 500% MF during those 2 seconds. Before 130 theres no cooldown. I have one you can have
Robeezy91
Balrog
133 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
metasequoia wrote:Hello, me again.

Ideas:

Relic (Blink)
Relic
(Random class Only)
+(12 to 23) to Blink
so maybe not needed?

what do you think?

Use essence of time for teleport, 2sec cooldown after level 130 with 500% MF during those 2 seconds. Before 130 theres no cooldown. I have one you can have