Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Solix wrote:having major survivability issues on my trapsin - level 116 still in TUs thanks to no set drops yet... i've managed to complete most of the quests up to level 115 but it's a frustrating experience with all of the instadeaths.

Are you using perfect being, shadow refuge and prismatic cloak? Artifice mastery + double claws?
Inno86
Balrog
138 | 11
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
smartasss wrote:Rha Rw is best offhand imo.

is it because of max Life/Mana?

Anarchy has +4 skills, very low damage increase, while Implement 7 has +5 skills and nice dmg boost (20% spell dmg)

i can compare anarchy with sagittarius... but then what is the best? 7 vs 4 skills, and on top of that sagittarius boost also life/mana (not as Anarchy).

so would you choose Anarchy over other options for increased life, trading off damage?
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?
smartasss
Cow Ninja
1218 | 11
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Auction Badge
Won 200 auctions
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?

There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Inno86 wrote:
smartasss wrote:Rha Rw is best offhand imo.

is it because of max Life/Mana?

Anarchy has +4 skills, very low damage increase, while Implement 7 has +5 skills and nice dmg boost (20% spell dmg)

i can compare anarchy with sagittarius... but then what is the best? 7 vs 4 skills, and on top of that sagittarius boost also life/mana (not as Anarchy).

so would you choose Anarchy over other options for increased life, trading off damage?

Depends on the situation. Dual claw Sagittarius/Implement V.II is better than Double Rha rw in 90% situations. The 10% would be Witch/Void final fight. For the latter, getting a lot of life recovery is recommended too. The rest, better kill fast.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
smartasss wrote:
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?

There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.

Ok, so Bogspitter on merc is out, since miasma is a spell, right?
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:
smartasss wrote:

Miasma is a spell that curses and catalyst is area slow so they shouldn't cancel each other out. But even if they do Miasma is worth it, -33% enemy dmg and ar is no joke so definitely use Bogspitter.
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:
Diaco wrote:
smartasss wrote:

Miasma is a spell that curses and catalyst is area slow so they shouldn't cancel each other out. But even if they do Miasma is worth it, -33% enemy dmg and ar is no joke so definitely use Bogspitter.

Any idea how Nightmare from
Shrill Sacrament
Shrill Sacrament
Chain Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1625 - 1995) to (1762 - 2162)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 575
Item Level: 105
Exorcism: +50% Total Damage
10% Chance to cast level 20 Nightmare on Melee Attack
(10 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(10 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(9 to 13) to Exorcism
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 25)% to Vitality
+(40 to 100) Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (4)
would interact with all this?
Rusev
Balrog
125 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well i am working on one ultimate hybrid trap assassin but i have to much work in real life however.There is mele trap vatiation phase bomb variotion and the lazy variotion will make separate soon for all
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
anyone know the reason why the boots that make traps dmg actually viable also cut immolation trap radius in 1/2? in tandem with only 1 charge per lightening sentry, me thinks marco doesn't like trap users lol. 20 seconds is so long you can't really use it very well, and it feels requried to have any decent dmg output. but the boots cut it to 10, and subsequently make immolation trap essentially melee only.