Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Catalyst trap needs a better AOE marker, although after Clockwork slippers it won't be a big problem, I guess.
Bulooka
Lava Lord
91 | 11
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
How we feeling for Trapsin 2.0? Still too low on single target for bosses even with the pierce buff? Or will that be enough?
Vlammenzee
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Will reformat this post when i progress further, to clean it up.

i'm currently 122 on my trapsin, did all rifts/dungeons so far, it's tanky for sure, but damage is not that amazing, i don't have the set pieces yet (rng), but got like all other gear for midtier (anarchy is really good) mo'd and all for damage, got 3200 shockwave/incineration.

Also i'd like to note i'm gonna make dragonheart, until i get the set chest, it has some amazing stats for trapsin, +2 skills, cast speed, block speed, hit recovery and a ton of life and defense, it's easy to make aswell.

Single target is still meh. but it's doable, i'm just gonna grind k3k now, for the set pieces, got so many non trapsin set pieces, could literally straigth up trade for the set hehe.

at 120 this is where my points are in:
Prismatic Cloak : 10
Incineration Trap : maxed
Shockwave Trap : maxed
Catalyst Trap : maxed
Negative charge: 5
Artifice Mastery : 10
Meditation: 0 - took 3 points while leveling, mo''d rings & amulet with mana regen will make up for it, up for debate to keep or not.
Tenacity: 5
Perfect Being : 8
Blink : 1 & 1 in domain.
points Subterfuge : depends on +skills - at level 28 skill level, it maxes out at 102%, more points are a waste.
Shadow Refuse : 1
Beacon : 1

way of the gryphon: 1 point
way of the phoenix: 1 point

Edit: upon further testing, putting more points into it then 1(20), it doesnt give all that much more damage, just leave it at 1.
Edited by Vlammenzee 2 years.
IsThisRealLife
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i'm lvl 107 in 2.0, damage is super low and clearing is slow

should i be putting points into way of the gryphon / way of the phoenix?
Vlammenzee
Stone Warrior
33 | 0

I just put 1 point in both, i'm still unsure about the scaling (diminishing returns), but 1 point in each is definitely worth it, as it scales with +levels.
MrIdegen
Bone Archer
70 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Your pierce does not affect your traps'.
Implement V.II
Implement V.II
Claws (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 42 to 44
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 120
Required Dexterity: 400
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
-25% to Enemy Elemental Resistances for Your Traps
+5 to Assassin Skill Levels
25% Block Speed
15% Life stolen per Hit
Fire Absorb 1%
Lightning Absorb 1%
+(300 to 400) Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (3)
use this if you need more pierce apart from the passive.

Cheers
Bayah
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
IsThisRealLife wrote:i'm lvl 107 in 2.0, damage is super low and clearing is slow

The incineration trap is not good at +15 points, its damage is slow, even added with catalyst. The shockwave trap takes a long time to disarm, but it does good light and physical damage. So, I recommend having good cast speed and good energy level (lots of mana) to send fast spam to Shockwave Trap + Catalyst. Adding a large volume of light, fire, ice and magic spells to the equipment is also necessary.
Vlammenzee
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
You'll get so much energy (and mana) from general +atrributes on gear and charms, that you don't need a single point in energy, during leveling you'll use mana potions, till you start putting mana regen mystic orbs on rings/amulets, that solve pretty much all mana issues later on.

Regarding incineration trap, it's actually quite decent, as it continuesly hits enemies for 10secs when placed (and it has larger aoe now), even in end game it does ok damage.
Bayah
Cultist
22 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
It is necessary to balance equipment that adds energy / mana to feed the mana hunger of high-level shockwave trap spam, with equipment that adds elemental spells to increase the damage of the shockwave trap. It doesn't matter if you have a lot of mana, if you don't have enough damage to clear an area quickly.

Points spent in the incineration trap above 15 can be used for other more useful skills.
Vlammenzee
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Bayah wrote:It is necessary to balance equipment that adds energy / mana to feed the mana hunger of high-level shockwave trap spam, with equipment that adds elemental spells to increase the damage of the shockwave trap. It doesn't matter if you have a lot of mana, if you don't have enough damage to clear an area quickly.

Points spent in the incineration trap above 15 can be used for other more useful skills.

As there is no updated builder yet for 2.0, i did a few different setups (respecced a few times), subterfuge maxed out at 28 with skills levels, so you only need like a few points in it,

1 point in way of the gryphon/phoenix gives around 4-6% more damage, which is decent, if you max it out it only gives like another 2-3%, so that's not worth it for getting more damage.

level 15 incineration trap vs level 25 incineration trap (with +skills 39 vs 49), is quite a difference in damage, it adds like another 600 damage for me (roughly 25%) more damage, which is quite a lot, it still does nice damage.

There is nothing else to put points in really for more damage, just to make the build more defensive, it's already very tanky, it definitely needs more damage, it's a bit in a tough spot the build (it did get nerfd before i believe), it's all kinda testing things out really atm.

Edit: got hell baal done now, so got specialization now, just +4 for now, got 3600 damage on shockwave/incineration, thats still without vizjun.