Trap Assassin

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Diaco
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Solix wrote:having major survivability issues on my trapsin - level 116 still in TUs thanks to no set drops yet... i've managed to complete most of the quests up to level 115 but it's a frustrating experience with all of the instadeaths.


Are you using perfect being, shadow refuge and prismatic cloak? Artifice mastery + double claws?
User avatar
Inno86
Balrog
122 | 0
smartasss wrote:Rha Rw is best offhand imo.


is it because of max Life/Mana?

Anarchy has +4 skills, very low damage increase, while Implement 7 has +5 skills and nice dmg boost (20% spell dmg)

i can compare anarchy with sagittarius... but then what is the best? 7 vs 4 skills, and on top of that sagittarius boost also life/mana (not as Anarchy).

so would you choose Anarchy over other options for increased life, trading off damage?
Diaco
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?
smartasss
Ice Clan
570 | 1
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?


There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.
User avatar
Johnny Impak
Core Lord
361 | 10
Inno86 wrote:
smartasss wrote:Rha Rw is best offhand imo.


is it because of max Life/Mana?

Anarchy has +4 skills, very low damage increase, while Implement 7 has +5 skills and nice dmg boost (20% spell dmg)

i can compare anarchy with sagittarius... but then what is the best? 7 vs 4 skills, and on top of that sagittarius boost also life/mana (not as Anarchy).

so would you choose Anarchy over other options for increased life, trading off damage?


Depends on the situation. Dual claw Sagittarius/Implement V.II is better than Double Rha rw in 90% situations. The 10% would be Witch/Void final fight. For the latter, getting a lot of life recovery is recommended too. The rest, better kill fast.
Diaco
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
smartasss wrote:
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?


There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.

Ok, so Bogspitter on merc is out, since miasma is a spell, right?
User avatar
Jampula
Edyrem
830 | 33
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Diaco wrote:
smartasss wrote:
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?


There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.

Ok, so Bogspitter on merc is out, since miasma is a spell, right?

Miasma is a spell that curses and catalyst is area slow so they shouldn't cancel each other out. But even if they do Miasma is worth it, -33% enemy dmg and ar is no joke so definitely use Bogspitter.
Diaco
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Jampula wrote:
Diaco wrote:
smartasss wrote:
Diaco wrote:Does the slow on catlyst trap stack with other slow sources or do they replace each other?


There is spell and weapon slow. Both are limited to 25% on bosses. Catalyst is spell slow so u can add wep slow on top of it for 50%.

Ok, so Bogspitter on merc is out, since miasma is a spell, right?

Miasma is a spell that curses and catalyst is area slow so they shouldn't cancel each other out. But even if they do Miasma is worth it, -33% enemy dmg and ar is no joke so definitely use Bogspitter.


Any idea how Nightmare from
Shrill Sacrament
Shrill Sacrament
Chain Boots (Sacred)

Defense: (1625 - 1995) to (1762 - 2162)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 527
Item Level: 105
+50% Total Exorcism Damage
10% Chance to cast level 20 Nightmare on Melee Attack
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
+(10 to 30)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(9 to 13) to Exorcism
+(120 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(15 to 25)% to Vitality
+(40 to 100) Life after each Demon Kill
Socketed (4)
would interact with all this?