Holy Melee Paladin [FULL PHYS] STR/DEX

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lkitn wrote:First time playing d2 or median and a bit confused how to get item upgrades. Damage feels very low and not sure how to get better weapons.

You can make any tiered unique you want by acquiring 2 arcane crystal and the item base for the unique you want. So lets say you are following this build and im suggesting you get the unique hand of god. All you do is gamble a hand of god, and cube it with oil of enchantment(blue one) + 2 arcane crystals + hand of god, and it will give you the unique version of hand of god.

You can get arcane crystals by killing andariel(drops 1 unique)/mephisto(drops 2 uniques). When you cube a unique with catalyst of disenchantment(drops from your first Andariel kill), it will eat those uniques and will give 1 arcane shard per unique consumed. 5 of those shards gives an arcane crystal. So the point is to eat away the uniques you dont want, and make the uniques you need. Hope this helps.
Mantecol
Imp
4 | 0
hello, I'm 121 and have an 301% ED
Brahman

Brahman
Paladin Clubs, Paladin Maces, Paladin Hammers

'JahKo'
Runeword Level: 80
Level 1 Bear Stance
20% Attack Speed
100% Hit Recovery
+(66 to 99) to Maximum Damage
+(159 to 186)% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 5) to Mountain King
+1000 Defense
5% to Strength
(30 to 40)% Gold Find
but during a duncraig run I got
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
, it gives me more damage than brahman because of that holy fire passive it has, for example, retaliate does 8k with brahman and with adjudicator it does 10k.
would you recommend switching to adjudicator? if that so, what shield or runeword you recommend me?
nice guide by the way, it helps a lot c:
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Mantecol wrote:hello, I'm 121 and have an 301% ED
Brahman

Brahman

'JahKo'
Runeword Level: 80
Level 1 Bear Stance
20% Attack Speed
100% Hit Recovery
+(66 to 99) to Maximum Damage
+(159 to 186)% Enhanced Damage
+(3 to 5) to Mountain King
+1000 Defense
5% to Strength
(30 to 40)% Gold Find
but during a duncraig run I got
Adjudicator
Adjudicator
Goedendag (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 53 to 54
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 574
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
Holy: Holy Fire Deals 4.5% of Strength as More Total Damage (max 250%)
Unholy: Blood Thorns: +40% Damage Multiplier
Nephalem: +25% Total Vessel Damage Bonus from Passives
+1 to Paladin Skill Levels
+50% Damage to Undead
Adds 175-325 Fire Damage
Adds 1-600 Lightning Damage
Adds 200-250 Cold Damage
+800 Poison Damage over 1 seconds
-(15 to 25)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
Socketed (3)
, it gives me more damage than brahman because of that holy fire passive it has, for example, retaliate does 8k with brahman and with adjudicator it does 10k.
would you recommend switching to adjudicator? if that so, what shield or runeword you recommend me?
nice guide by the way, it helps a lot c:

This build is full phys version, adjudicator shines when you go full fire and scale pierce. Tooltip shows more damage because it doesnt account for enemy fire resist, so its a lie. I would suggest switching to full cinadide set, if not you can do
Zohar

Zohar
Paladin Shields

'MhalElqSil'
Runeword Level: 110
80% Attack Speed
Adds 3-5 Damage
+(75 to 95) to Maximum Damage
+(18 to 21) to Cherubim
Slows Attacker by 20%
+200% Enhanced Defense
10% to All Attributes
(10 to 15)% Chance to Avoid Damage
-10% to All Vendor Prices
+
Oriflamme

Oriflamme

'TahaQorZod'
Runeword Level: 100
Additional Dexterity Damage Bonus: 0.078125%
80% Attack Speed
+(111 to 140) to Maximum Damage
Adds 400-500 Magic Damage
-(30 to 35)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
5% Deadly Strike
Slow Target 10%
+200 to Strength
+200 to Dexterity
+15 Life after each Kill
, this is a 1 handed setup but it deals good damage while also getting a lot of defensive stats from the shield.
iteron_MkV
Skeleton
2 | 0
Thank you for this terrific and thorough guide. Been a while since I have played and I can finally roll HMP with the removal of that awful morph (just need UMP morph removed now =D).

How much real value do you see Holy Fire providing once we have other sources of poison length reduction? We have absolutely zero pierce. I know that there's a shortage of places to dump points but could those be removed to stack up Solar Flair to make its use less annoying?
pawski
Pit Knight
109 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
is the holy melee pala skills (str) the same as (dex) or do i put my skills point in others for (dex) build?
Prox
Balrog
139 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sooo.....the guide was done a year ago and I have just started following it and I am stuck at the mid-game gear part. I reckon that crafting has changed and I have to figure out how to craft items and jewels so that I can get my Erawan runeword. Any help with that? The guide recommends Hel or Lem runes but Lem no longer works and I don't know if anything else has changed with the Hel rune. Also I cannot use Oil of Luck anymore on the base item which I was a little confused about but I guess some things might have been simplified but that still left me confused. I don't want to skip an important step and waste resources early on in the game. If anyone can give a hand with any of that I would greatly appreciate that <3
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
iteron_MkV wrote:Thank you for this terrific and thorough guide. Been a while since I have played and I can finally roll HMP with the removal of that awful morph (just need UMP morph removed now =D).

How much real value do you see Holy Fire providing once we have other sources of poison length reduction? We have absolutely zero pierce. I know that there's a shortage of places to dump points but could those be removed to stack up Solar Flair to make its use less annoying?

I think solar flare is very weak at the moment so increasing the duration of solar flare on you doesnt matter that much. At endgame you have 3k maximum mana, and solar flare adds %100 of your CURRENT mana, which isnt always full. So at the end its really not that big of a deal. If you can craft some decent %AR jewels you can just skip solar flare. I think the power of new solar flare is in its debuff, which you cant really scale with the points you put in. -20% AR and -20% Weapon damage to enemies is absolutely huge in most cases.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
pawski wrote:is the holy melee pala skills (str) the same as (dex) or do i put my skills point in others for (dex) build?

Yes its the same thats why i didnt make a seperate section for it.
Glamdring26
Core Lord
352 | 33
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Prox wrote:Sooo.....the guide was done a year ago and I have just started following it and I am stuck at the mid-game gear part. I reckon that crafting has changed and I have to figure out how to craft items and jewels so that I can get my Erawan runeword. Any help with that? The guide recommends Hel or Lem runes but Lem no longer works and I don't know if anything else has changed with the Hel rune. Also I cannot use Oil of Luck anymore on the base item which I was a little confused about but I guess some things might have been simplified but that still left me confused. I don't want to skip an important step and waste resources early on in the game. If anyone can give a hand with any of that I would greatly appreciate that <3

Guide first got written year ago but i recently updated it for 2.0. I guess i missed some jewelcrafting parts, so thats a good catch thank you. Updating in a second.

On the point of oil of luck'ing, i couldnt find anything related to that in the guide so i am assuming you are referencing something outside the guide. Yes, you cannot oil of luck superior items anymore because when you oil of renewal them, they turn into luckied superior items. On Weapons they roll either 35-60 ED or 35-50 ED with 50-100 Attack Rating. Similarly on Armors they either roll 35-60 ED or 35-50 ED with %1 Physical resist. You also can only oil of renewal an item 1 time, so if you get unlucky with the roll, you gotta find another base of that item to oil again.
pawski
Pit Knight
109 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
are you working on update the build since its taken down right now :) ?